Quantcast Eating at the Beach Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Eating at the Beach Club

Just booked a t stay at the beach club and now I am nervous. It does not look like there are many places to eat at this Deluxe resort. The other concern is my DD(20) fish allergy. I asked when making reservations but after looking over the menu I am worried she will not be able to eat much. Any one that has stayed at the Beach Club do you have any reccomendations for where to eat breakfast? Does the marketplace have many options? From looking at menu sites it does not seem so.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a common complaint of the Beach Club, but I just don't get it.

There are plenty of places to eat! Especially if you are willing to just walk a little bit to a neighboring resort.

In the BC proper, you have:
    Marketplace
    Cape May Character Buffet
    Hurricane Hannah's
    Beaches and Cream

In the Yacht Club:
    -Captain's Grill
    -Crew's Cup Lounge (serves a continental bfast)
    -Yachtsman Steakhouse

At the Boardwalk:
    -Bakery
    -Kouzzina
    -ESPN Zone
    -Big River Grille

At the Dolphin:
    -Picabu (24 hr cafeteria)
    -Fresh Mediterranean Market
    -The Fountain

And the Swan and Dolphin have a few full service "Signature" type restaurants as well. Blue Zoo, Shula's Steak House, Il Mulino, Kimonos, etc.

I think the selection at the BC Marketplace is quite good. In addition to having ready made food items, it's also a little supermarket type place, where you can get lots of staples. You could actually purchase cereal and keep some milk in your room fridge for quick breakfasts. They also have the standard assortment of muffins, pastries, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, and a couple of hot breakfast items (sandwiches, french toast sticks, etc.) They have yogurt parfaits as well.

I highly recommend Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club for a really good, inexpensive sit down breakfast.

There is also always room service.

We ate at Hurricane Hannah's practically every day! The food is quite delicious and very quick and easy to eat right before or after pool time. The sandwiches and burgers here are very, very good! This is an often overlooked little gem, IMO.

As for the seafood allergy, it is not going to be difficult for you to find food for your daughter. That is a very common allergy and Disney knows how to handle it. Just be sure you make a note of it on any ADRs you make, and remind them when you arrive. At CS places, mention it and ask what items would be safe.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Natalie outlined the options pretty well, plus you're so close to World Showcase. I recommend park hoppers because no matter which park you're at for the day, it's so convenient to pop over to WS if you're back in your resort during Epcot operating hours.

Allergies are usually handled very well at any WDW dining place, plus most menus have an abundance of non-fish options, even at the seafood places.

All that said, my least-favorite part of the Beach Club was the Beach Club Marketplace. It's serviceable, but probably the least comfortable option of all resort quick service/food court establishments. I really disliked that it was part of the gift shop, always crowded, and I found the selection and food quality lacking. But, if you're not one to eat much at your resort quick service, no problem. Plus, there's Hurricane Hannah's.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Natalie outlined the options pretty well, plus you're so close to World Showcase. I recommend park hoppers because no matter which park you're at for the day, it's so convenient to pop over to WS if you're back in your resort during Epcot operating hours.

Allergies are usually handled very well at any WDW dining place, plus most menus have an abundance of non-fish options, even at the seafood places.

All that said, my least-favorite part of the Beach Club was the Beach Club Marketplace. It's serviceable, but probably the least comfortable option of all resort quick service/food court establishments. I really disliked that it was part of the gift shop, always crowded, and I found the selection and food quality lacking. But, if you're not one to eat much at your resort quick service, no problem. Plus, there's Hurricane Hannah's.
    I agree with Sherri. Wasn't that impressed with the food selection at the Beach Club Marketplace. Other deluxe resorts have better food selection, such as Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian. The menu at Hurricane Hanna's was expanded, however, after the refurb so that does help when it is open. Love everything else about the Beach Club, though!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

The Marketplace is definitely bare bones, but if you are just looking for basics, like pastries, muffins, etc. you will find all the same stuff you get at all the other resorts. They also have a large refrigerated case with stuff like cut up fruit, yogurts, etc. For a quick breakfast, it is serviceable.

I had two sandwiches from there that were very good, but it was back in 2010, and they also still had the fresh gelato back then, so the food quality may have taken a nosedive since last time I ate there.

Personally, I am rather grossed out by most other resort's quick service "breakfast" options. Powdered eggs, soggy bacon, and tough pancakes/waffles are not my idea of good breakfast eats. I generally make do with some cold cereal, a banana, and some juice.

I have seen the expanded menu for Hurricane Hannahs and it looks very good! It is open until about 10pm too, which is handy.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

This is my concern. World showcase while very close does not have any breakfast options besides norway character breakfast. Hurricane Hannahs does have a good selection but with the fish it worries me. Most places fry and cook the fish with the other food. (her allergy is pretty bad when it comes to fish, seafood shellfish, anything that swims basically.) I know Disney said she can eat just always note her allergy, but it still worries me.

As for all the food options at other resorts near by-Swan, Yacht, Boardwalk they are great and I will use them for other meals but for breakfast it is just not convient. I want to be able to get up, get food brush my teeth and get out to the parks. Walking and waiting for sitdown breakfast is just not how we have ever done it. I am just dissapointed that the Beach Club and Yacht club have no real quick service for mornings.

I will probably bring cereal and It will save me money too.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Most places fry and cook the fish with the other food. (her allergy is pretty bad when it comes to fish, seafood shellfish, anything that swims basically.) I know Disney said she can eat just always note her allergy, but it still worries me.

As for all the food options at other resorts near by-Swan, Yacht, Boardwalk they are great and I will use them for other meals but for breakfast it is just not convient. I want to be able to get up, get food brush my teeth and get out to the parks. Walking and waiting for sitdown breakfast is just not how we have ever done it. I am just dissapointed that the Beach Club and Yacht club have no real quick service for mornings.
    I think Disney takes food allergies very seriously. Normally if the chef will come out and talk with your wife and then prepare her food in a separate pan.

As far as qs locations at the Epcot resorts, I agree with you and this is the one reason my boys don't want to go back to BWV. They're spoiled by the extensive menus at Roaring Forks and the Contempo Cafe.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

we always bring cereal bars, fruit, mini cereals and buy milk at the resort, it saves time and money in the morning and then we do a nice TS breakfast the day we check out. If you can afford it, you could upgrade to Club Level I think they provide some continental type breakfast items. BTW, Sunshine Seasons in the Land offers a lot of breakfast items if you want to eat at Epcot, check out their selections.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

This is my concern. World showcase while very close does not have any breakfast options besides norway character breakfast.
    Just so you know, the new bakery in France is now open for breakfast as well!

As for Hurricane Hannah's, the only seafood item on the menu is a Lobster/Shrimp roll. It's not deep fried, and it's a standalone menu item. I am fairly certain that the cold sandwiches are made elsewhere and wrapped, and brought out to HH's. They only make the grilled and fried food to order. The cold stuff is prepackaged. I can't really see a way for there to be cross contamination under those circumstances, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As for the Marketplace, this menu is from this month:

Scrambled Egg Platter - with bacon, potato casserole and a biscuit $6.79

Breakfast Sandwich - - with bacon, egg, cheese, potato casserole $6.99

Oatmeal $2.79

In addition to the cereals, fruit, pastries, etc. Not sure what kind of breakfast food you are looking for, but this seems to cover mostly everything possible except pancakes/waffles.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

T

I will probably bring cereal and It will save me money too.
    Depending on where your room is at Beach Club, the Crew's Cup Lounge may be quite close. I am more like Natalie. We are not big hot breakfast eaters unless we are doing a character meal. Unless you are looking for a huge variety of hot foods for breakfast, the Marketplace is fine. It think it is actually the best meal available there. We tend not to go there for lunch or dinner.

The only thing we really missed at breakfast is the Mickey waffles. My son is an Mickey waffle addict. On the day he really wants one, we either did a sit down breakfast or I ordered room service.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I'm staying at the Beach Club my next trip and I was planning on going to Marketplace the day of arrival and seeing if they have a bag of bagels and cream cheese, or a package of bread and peanut butter & jelly and just eating in the room quickly every morning.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    we always bring cereal bars, fruit, mini cereals and buy milk at the resort, it saves time and money in the morning and then we do a nice TS breakfast the day we check out. If you can afford it, you could upgrade to Club Level I think they provide some continental type breakfast items. BTW, Sunshine Seasons in the Land offers a lot of breakfast items if you want to eat at Epcot, check out their selections.

Thank you for the helpful info. I will bring cereal bars and cereal and just get milk at the marketplace. I also will try the eggs as long as she can eat it .
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Just so you know, the new bakery in France is now open for breakfast as well!

As for Hurricane Hannah's, the only seafood item on the menu is a Lobster/Shrimp roll. It's not deep fried, and it's a standalone menu item. I am fairly certain that the cold sandwiches are made elsewhere and wrapped, and brought out to HH's. They only make the grilled and fried food to order. The cold stuff is prepackaged. I can't really see a way for there to be cross contamination under those circumstances, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    It is good to know that France has breakfast! YAY. I am going to search the menu.
    Also good to know about Hurricanne Hannahs. I do worry about cross containmination. This will make me less nervous.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    I'm staying at the Beach Club my next trip and I was planning on going to Marketplace the day of arrival and seeing if they have a bag of bagels and cream cheese, or a package of bread and peanut butter & jelly and just eating in the room quickly every morning.
    They definitely do have this! They have loaves of white and wheat bread, same with english muffins and bagels. We have stayed CL the past two trips, but one of our sons is SO picky, he only wanted whole wheat toast, and they didn't have that in the concierge lounge, so we went to the marketplace and bought a loaf of bread for the week.

They also carry peanut butter and jelly jars, in small sizes. You will find cream cheese squeeze packets in the refrigerator.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We always send down a box with breakfast items and snacks in it. We pack boxes of cold cereal (and then just pick up milk down there). We also pack boxes of instant oatmeal. We wash the coffee pot really really well, and run a few cycles through of plain water, and then we can use it to heat water for the oatmeal. Don't forget to pack paper bowls and disposable utensils to eat with too! We find this to be a quicker and cheaper option in the mornings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kcrc View Post
    We always send down a box with breakfast items and snacks in it. We pack boxes of cold cereal (and then just pick up milk down there). We also pack boxes of instant oatmeal. We wash the coffee pot really really well, and run a few cycles through of plain water, and then we can use it to heat water for the oatmeal. Don't forget to pack paper bowls and disposable utensils to eat with too! We find this to be a quicker and cheaper option in the mornings.
    Yep.

Whenever I travel without my kids (either solo, or adults only), I do this.

However, my kids don't eat cold cereal OR oatmeal OR anything "easy" like cereal bars. They are difficult to travel with.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you are going to find that BC is the best place to stay for food. We love to stay there because of the location. You are within walking distance to the world showcase, hollywood studios, dolphin, swan, boardwalk....the possibilities are endless. Essentially, you are steps away from all the best food on disney's property, imho.. book dinners in the world showcase and take advantage of fireworks seating.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to staying at the BC. I think the marketplace will work out for us most morning and I will probably bring muffins from home and buy mmilk there. My DD eats chesse sandwiches for Breakfast a lot and even pbj.

She is allergic to- all fish, tree nuts (not peanuts), strawberries, peaches, appples, kiwi, many medicines and wasp stings. Disney is great with her allergies so I worrying for nothing I know.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

I like Captain's Grill. I think it is somewhat underrated. Also, take a look at the menu for Kouzzina on the Boardwalk. We eat there every year.

Post Thanks / Like

My DS5 also has food allergies - dairy/egg/peanut - and EVERYWHERE we went on our last trip in January they were more than helpful. We even had chefs that ran to other restaurants to get food for him because they didn't have what my (pickey) DS would/could eat. They were amazing. I wouldn't worry!
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

Smile eating while staying at beach club

we love cape may cafe! what seems to be a seafood buffet at night really has many other things also. i do not eat clams and muscles but enjoy the rest of the buffet. the seafood is on the opposite side of the buffet table so you do not have to get close to it.

the breakfast buffet at cape may if fantastic and is one of the best character meals on property.

cereal in your room in the morning is a good and less expensive option. especially for lite breakfast eaters.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: