Quantcast ADR Help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: ADR Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default ADR Help

My twelve year old son and I are headed back to the world this summer, late July, for 5 nights and we have already picked three of our dinner spots (Sanaa, Sci-Fi Drive In, and Garden Grill), but we need a little help picking our last two. We are looking to try some new places or at least do some places we haven't been to in while. Some of the options we are considering are: Rose & Crown, The Coral Reef, Via Napoli, Tepan Edo (if that's the one where they cook on the table), Chefs de France, and The Plaza. I know, most of these are at Epcot. (See my earlier post.) Which two would you pick and why? I am also open to other suggestions. One thing to consider is that my son is autistic and we tend to steer away from the really noisy restaurants.
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not been overly impressed with the food at Coral Reef, but the fish tank is amazing, and its definitely one of the "less stimulating" as far as noisy/crowded/sensory concerns go.

The food isn't terrible by any means...so don't rule it out based on that statement..it's not just anything special.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten at the Coral Reef and Tepan Edo.The food is good at both.The Coral Reef is quiet & relaxing with views of the big fish tank.lol If you've ever been to a Japanese Habachi Grill then you know what Tepan Edo will be like.Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli is good, but loud and busy.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli is also bright and wide open and I don't find it disconcertingly loud but maybe on a busier day. Tokyo Dining might be a good option. It's quieter than Teppan Edo, with similar food but they don't cook right in front of you. I usually enjoy Chefs de France. If you want a quiet spot, the Rose & Crown dining room is usually pretty quiet and pleasant. Grand Floridian Cafe is a good one to consider, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to both Coral Reef and Teppan Edo. My kids DD11 and DS8 both love Teppan Edo. WE have been going there since they were little. They both love how the chefs cook in front of you.
    We went to Coral Reef on our last trip in May. We really enjoyed our meal and the service was excellent. But both my DH and I agreed it was definitely worth doing at least once but not a must do every trip for us. Hope that helps you some.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Of the ones in the list, we've eaten at Chefs de France and Via Napoli. We love Chefs de France. Great wine by the glass. Good beef, salmon and mac & cheese options. We like Via Napoli too. I only concern about Via Napoli is that it is like an excellent Italian restaurant you may have back home. Still, the food is very good, with a tilt toward brick oven pizza.

Post Thanks / Like

We made our ADRs and decided to go with The Plaza and Teppan Edo. We picked Plaza mainly because we wanted another night in the MK and we haven't been there in a really long time, I think he was an infant. I also like the prices at Plaza and I hear the Reuben is good. We picked Teppan Edo cause we've never been there and my son loves Japanese hibachi style dining. So that means we are eating at Sanaa, Sci-Fi, Garden Grill, The Plaza, and Teppan Edo. Of course with a breakfast at the Crystal Palace thrown in for tradition and probably lunch at Tony's on the first day, another tradition.
    I Am That Hero!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Teppen Edo is really good. Especially the scallops. I know this wasn't a choice on your list, but Tony's is a good place that gets a lot of bad press here. If you're from the New England, then you won't think Tony's is good. If you don't have access to authentic Italian food like the rest of the country, then you'll like this place.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We like Tony as much for the atmosphere and the view from the front porch. My son like plain, naked spaghetti so he's pretty easy to please.
    I Am That Hero!

Hit it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: