Quantcast Wilderness Lodge - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

When you check in they will give you a newsletter or itinerary for the week. We noticed on there that there was an informative *free* talk given by a train engineer CM at the Villas in the train room. My DH loves trains. It was very nice. The CM spent about 30-45 minutes going around the room talking about the train items in the room and Walt's love of his trains. Really was a very nice experience.

Also enjoyed the pub (can't remember the name) for an adult beverage and an appetizer.
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from a stay at the Wilderness Lodge. It completely exceeded my expectations. The amount of detail is astonishing and it truly is a relaxing resort. All of the waterfalls, streams, rocks, and pine trees make it a great resort for relaxing by the pool or on your balcony.

I would definitely recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe for breakfast.The All-You-Care-To-Enjoy Breakfast Platter is great if you just want to destroy some eggs and waffles.

Artist Point was amazing as well. Sitting by the windows gives you a great view of the rock-work and waterfall, and the food is top-notch.

We would definitely stay there again!
    Next Up: 2015-10 BWI/Fantasy Cruise
    2015-04 CBR
    2014-10 POFQ
    2014-01 DLH
    2013-04 WL
    2012-10 POLY Honeymoon with Goofy89
    2011-09 - CSR
    2011-01 - BLT
    2009-01 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    and views of the lobby below.
    THis was DH's favorite thing to do. Last time we stayed at WL, our kids were 7 & 1.5 so both went to sleep rather early. DH would take a book and find a "hiding spot" as he called them and read, enjoyed the beautiful designs and relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jforrest2 View Post
    Ducks in the pool!
    Not just at WL though-last stay at the Poly, DS spent many an evening swimming in the quiet pool all alone except for a few fowl friends!
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Honestly, the WL is a beautiful, relaxing, well themed resort. While all these lists of things "to do" are great, I can say that I've honestly never done most of them, but I still LOVE the WL. There is just something about it that I feel the other resorts lack, and I can't put my finger on it.

Just being there, hearing the music, is enough for me.

We will be returning in August. We spent our honeymoon there and are bringing our kids for the first time.

It might be worth noting, I generally HATE the "outdoors", don't get the draw of national parks, think camping is the worst way to spend leisure time, etc. But, I still LOVE the Wilderness Lodge. It's so strange, and to me, that's Disney magic at its best.
    I agree with most of this. I didnt do most of the must dos and I am not an outdoors person either but I loved this resort. I love the decor, the music, and tranquil sounds of the waterfalls.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite as well . . . VERRRRY difficult to stay anywhere else for me once I found this resort. Since I could not stay there last October, I just went and visited!!!!

One thing I didn't see about the "I love"? Well, I love a nightcap at Territory Lounge, hanging with the gang, snacking on nachos and wings

As many have said, take your time, enjoy, relax and find every little place The Lodge has to explore. We have done Flag Family on several different occasions, so be sure to inquire at checkin if a date you're there is open. The roof of WL is absolutely spectacular in the morning!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone's posts here have been spot on! But our #1 reason why we LOVE WL is that upon entering the majestic lobby you truly are transported to a world of peace, calm and tranquility. Definitely a very important part of the vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

We will be returning in August. We spent our honeymoon there and are bringing our kids for the first time.

: [/I]
    How sweet. This will be our LAST trip to WDW with the kids as kids. They are 17 and 20. WL is the only resort DS has known.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=CuteAsMinnie;2351447]Everyone's posts here have been spot on! But our #1 reason why we LOVE WL is that upon entering the majestic lobby you truly are transported to a world of peace, calm and tranquility. Definitely a very important part of the vacation.

Completely agree!!!!!!!!
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
    WL is my favorite resort. The lobby is magnificent, it seems remote and far away from reality and the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom is one of my favorite things to do (especially at night)
    I concur! Disney somehow is able to magically teleport you out of Florida and to the west. It is amazing! WL is our favorite resort. Each time we plan a trip to WDW, we talk about trying out another resort and each time we end up at WL.

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite things are the boat to MK and the Smores cupcakes at Roaring Fork!
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I'm anxious to stay at WL again now that it's been refurbed.

We stayed at WL when it was new for our honeymoon. We stayed on the top floor in the main building long before it was club level. Our room was huge and beautiful, with a view of the MK. We had a magical stay. Through the years, we've gone back and visited, eating at Whispering Canyon and just enjoyed the resort. It's so beautiful.

All that said, we stayed there last year (2012) for marathon weekend for the first time since our honeymoon (and first time with our kids) and were really let down. I was sad. Everything was very worn and felt so dated. The rooms were sorely in need of redo. My boys do love the bunk beds though. I've seen pics of the new rooms and they look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Now I am all excited as well, we will be staying at the WL for the first time in early June. It will be a surprise for the kids, we told them we are staying at Pop Century again so to see the look on their faces when we walk up to the lodge will be priceless!!
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IMADisneyFreak View Post
    Now I am all excited as well, we will be staying at the WL for the first time in early June. It will be a surprise for the kids, we told them we are staying at Pop Century again so to see the look on their faces when we walk up to the lodge will be priceless!!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Wilderness Lodge is our favorite also. There is just something magical about the boat ride to the Magic Kingdom and the woods view of the castle. 1st resort we ever stayed at and just feel in love. I do need to warn you about the bus service however. When we were there this past September the bus service was extremely slow not sure if there was something going on at that time because the bus service has never been bad before but I can say that it was the worst service of any resort I have ever stayed in. So just plan for this it took an hour and a half to get to the Animal kingdom one day. The bus stopped at the Poly and the Grand Floridian every time we went somewhere. It got so bad we rented a car from the care car center for the last 3 days of our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I must agree with all of the above, but to add:
    We were there three weeks ago, and one night on the boat ride back (from MK we took the monorail to Contemporary to visit gift shop, then a boat on to WL). The captain accidently went to Fort Wilderness first (he admitted), but this allowed us to see something we would not have seen otherwise. I read somewhere before our trip that, as you approach WL at night by boat, the upper/center of the resort has the appearance of a bear... and sure enough we saw it that night. The roof line kind of forms the head and a couple of small lighted rooms near the top appear to be eyes. It was very cool. If our boat hadn't accidently gone that way, we wouldn't have seen it because the boat normally comes in from the side of the resort.
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: