Quantcast If you could do any job

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default If you could do any job

on property what would it be? The kids this past weekend were noticing how the cast members have to repeat things over and over all day long. Not just the basic "exit to the left' 'pull up on the bar" "Secure your seatbelt" , but the playing out of boat captains, Safari drivers, story tellers etc. So I was wondering which job you would like to do. It doesn’t have to be a ride it could be working in the resorts, stores, restaurants, etc. We were listening to the girl on the Jungle Boat ride and they were saying "man she has to say the same jokes and same lines over and over" I think she was great at it. I told them she enjoys doing what she is doing or she would not be there, because that can get monotonous all day long saying the same thing over and over. I thought why haven’t they made recordings for these rides at least the basic things,

Oh the main one that they were saying should be a recording is the tram to the cars. Yes some of it is recorded, but they still have to announce the day’s activities wouldn’t it be easier to record it once in the morning and just play it over and over as they drop off and pick up people.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Any job would do as I love DW that much!!!!
    Roxanne

Post Thanks / Like

After the day I had today anything at WDW would be fabulous! But working in one of the gift shops would be my pick!!
    Jill
    09/02-Offsite
    02/04-CSR
    05/05-WL
    01/06-AKL, 05/07-BC, 09/07-CSR, 01/09-AKL, 10/09-CSR, 05/10-CSR
    11/11-WL
    09/12- POP me & my DD (15)
    11/13-WL
    11/14-BLT-Ainsley's 1st trip, 01/16-AoA/Disney Cruise, 09/16-WL
    09/16-Offsite
    12/17-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I would be in the position of spending a week at each resort and reporting back on the stay for quality control purposes. I don't know if this is a real job, but that is the job I want. And I would be so darn good at it. I would actually love to do that and write a book about it. Compare, contrast, relate the different experiences. If I ever win the lottery...
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to work on The Great Movie Ride, either as the guide or one of the gangsters.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile This is easy...

CEO of WDW. I, with the help of the podcast team, would have that place straightened out & running right inside of 5 years.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I would be in the position of spending a week at each resort and reporting back on the stay for quality control purposes. I don't know if this is a real job, but that is the job I want. And I would be so darn good at it. I would actually love to do that and write a book about it. Compare, contrast, relate the different experiences. If I ever win the lottery...
    Yes! I would like to be your quality control partner. I think I will have to also perform quality control on all of the park attractions.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJadesMom View Post
    Yes! I would like to be your quality control partner. I think I will have to also perform quality control on all of the park attractions.
    I'm sure we would make a fantastic team!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

As many a Disneyphile can tell you, John Lasseter served as a skipper on the Jungle Cruise in 1977-78, en route to ultimately becoming the chief creative officer at Pixar.

Google it to see some fun pictures. Bet he was a hoot.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny you ask because many might say the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror b/c it's one of the few places CMs don't have to smile and be happy. But if I had the choice I would love to be Ariel. I'm a people person and I would love to be Ariel and make little girls (and boys) of all ages feel special. On the other hand I have a hobby for cake decorating so...maybe as a pastry chef or somewhere where the bakers decorate all the Disney cakes.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    It's funny you ask because many might say the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror b/c it's one of the few places CMs don't have to smile and be happy.
    Not necessarily, i would enjoy working those two rides due to how in character you can become. It allows for so much creativity.
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joy

Guest services....answering questions and solving problems and interacting with guests from all over the world....what a deal!
    Gauis2001

Over 100 seperate visits since 1972!
    1st visit was before Space Mountain was built and we used ticket books to see attractions!

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I love helping people, even when they're angry about something. I wouldn't mind working in a customer service role, especially to help resolve guest's problems and frustrations. Sometimes, there isn't an answer on how to improve something in the past other than to a) offer them something else or b) reduce the chances of that happening to other guests. I think this would be hardest to do at resorts, but I'd probably be okay doing it anywhere.

I'm guessing that takes many years of promotions, but I wouldn't mind climbing those ranks, given the opportunity to move to central Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    You know, I love helping people, even when they're angry about something. I wouldn't mind working in a customer service role, especially to help resolve guest's problems and frustrations. Sometimes, there isn't an answer on how to improve something in the past other than to a) offer them something else or b) reduce the chances of that happening to other guests. I think this would be hardest to do at resorts, but I'd probably be okay doing it anywhere.

I'm guessing that takes many years of promotions, but I wouldn't mind climbing those ranks, given the opportunity to move to central Florida.
    *EVERY* role at Walt Disney World is "customer service" (or, "Guest Service"). From the Custodial Cast cleaning up the parks after the guests are done for the night, to the Vice President of the Walt Disney World Resort

Even as an Attractions host (and I was at *several*), every day was a new challenge. From helping "lost parents" (remember, there are no "lost children" at the Disney Parks!), to recovering lost items on attractions (had a lady one time lose her (own) stroller while riding the train between Frontierland and ToonTown...we had to stop the train just past the Indian village to pick it up, as she had been on the train ahead of us, and waiting at TTF station), to dealing with kids that weren't quite the required height (watched a lady put Mickey ice cream sandwiches *inside* of her son's shoes so he'd be "tall enough"...nope...LOL)...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I would like to be Santa...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: