Quantcast If you could do any job - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJadesMom View Post
    Yes! I would like to be your quality control partner. I think I will have to also perform quality control on all of the park attractions.
    I'm sure we would make a fantastic team!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to be Donald Duck! I would love to take pictures with the guests and interact with them to make them smile. Plus the costume is perfect for my height since I am short Lol
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper on the Jungle Cruise!
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Work the crowd during the preshow for Fantasmic.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

As many a Disneyphile can tell you, John Lasseter served as a skipper on the Jungle Cruise in 1977-78, en route to ultimately becoming the chief creative officer at Pixar.

Google it to see some fun pictures. Bet he was a hoot.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading all of your responses

Got to "live the dream" of being an Attractions host for nearly ten years. Worked all over Magic Kingdom. *LOVED* it

One thing I never got to do while I worked there, was work the streets for MSEP - my *all-time* FAVORITE parade. I applied for a part-time job early in 2001 while it was still running the second time (during the Millennium Celebration), and got accepted *just* after it ended that run. I did, however, get to work at a few locations that I always *dreamed* about: I did work the streets for parades with Share a Dream Come True and Spectro; became a Walt Disney World Railroad conductor and engineer; and got to work at my all-time *favorite* attraction - Tomorrowland Speedway

I also got to become a trainer for several locations - trained my "kids" the RIGHT way and the *Disney* way - but, whether they followed through or not was up to them...LOL...

When I was a trainer for Main Street, I would take my group<s> up on the roof of Casey's to watch "Wishes" for a "job well done" and passing their training

Man, I miss it
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, when I came onboard in 09 my trainer took us up on the roof over Ice Cream for Wishes. Loved that, however, that got stopped later in that year. Not allowed to do that anymore.

PAC for ELP (MSEP) is a little more difficult that it was for Spectro. Several larger gaps (more crossings at Town Sq. & Pecos/Splash), but the biggest problems with the gaps is more runners.

Never got bored with watching Spectro twice a night, 5 or 6 nights a week but ELP is really grating on me and a lot of others. Don't know what it is about that parade but the general concensus among PAC and a lot of parade entertainment is "get it out of here" for almost anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post

Man, I miss it
    You should come back, Jim. At least for a part-time job. We miss your posts on the happenings in the MK.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

I want to be the person who hands out stickers to kids and adults on main street. I want to turn my head and see the castle and I want to see the mickey head balloons drifting down the street. I would love to work in MK ! I do not think I want to work a ride unless it was maybe the Hauted Mansion or splash mountain.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epceddie View Post
    Monorail driver. I think that would be a perfect job for me when I retire. There are probably age limits though.
    No age limits You would, however, start out on the platforms loading and unloading guests before a driver "spot" opens up. It's the same with the steam trains; you start out as a conductor, and pretty much have to wait for someone to retire (or otherwise...LOL) before getting in the cab

I want to be the person who hands out stickers to kids and adults on main street. I want to turn my head and see the castle and I want to see the mickey head balloons drifting down the street. I would love to work in MK ! I do not think I want to work a ride unless it was maybe the Hauted Mansion or splash mountain.
    Two options for ya: Main Street Operations (Attractions), or "Entertainment"/Streetmosphere. As part of MS Operations, you'd be trained in Turnstiles, Parade Audience Control, Conductor on the trains, and *maybe* Main Street vehicles. As part of PAC, in between parades, you're pretty much on your own out on the street. Entertainment is self-explanatory
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    You should come back, Jim. At least for a part-time job. We miss your posts on the happenings in the MK.
    If only I could afford it....LOL...I'm up in Ohio now... :P

Post Thanks / Like

Red face 2 things

1) As a teacher who has brought her students to participate in the YES program in natural and physical sciences, I would love to coordinate the education programs that they do on property (like in Animal Kingdom and Epcot).

.... but

2) I always tell my students (who know my love of all things Disney) that my retirement job will be as the Fairy Godmother in MK because she is short and plump, and I fit the bill!
    Missy
    #1 LSU fan 2003 AND 2007 National Champions!

POR Feb 1997
    ASMo Dec 1999
    POR Feb 2002
    ASMovies Feb 2004
    Pop Century May 2004
    ASMovies Feb 2006
    Offsite Jan 2007
    May 2008 Swan
    May 2011 on the Dream!
    BLT July 2013
    POFQ July 2015

Post Thanks / Like

As part of MS Operations, you'd be trained in Turnstiles, Parade Audience Control, Conductor on the trains, and *maybe* Main Street vehicles. As part of PAC, in between parades, you're pretty much on your own out on the street. Entertainment is self-explanatory
    MSO doesn't train on or oversee turnstiles anymore. That is now Main Entrance Ops. and is a function of Guest Services since mid 2012. Got moved away from MSO Those of us that had ATS codes can still pick up shifts but MSOps does not "normally" get scheduled there anymore.

Main St. vehicles, have to be full time and a long wait list for that gig. PAC has changed a lot lately also. All assignments, even flag retreat and chairs & tables on CDS now instead of coordinator boards.

Jim, you could still come down as a CT, just harder to stay current with hours than it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Great question.

My wife wants to be at the Haunted Mansion. She loves the CMs who really get into it.

I would enjoy any number of gigs....

1. Central Shops - I would love to be a part of the team that creates, maintains, and restores the stuff you see on stage. I think that would be amazing. But they haven't hired anyone in 8 years...there is a lot of institutional knowledge there in that location.

2. DHS street performer
    3. Attractions at MK or DAK
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Two options for ya: Main Street Operations (Attractions), or "Entertainment"/Streetmosphere. As part of MS Operations, you'd be trained in Turnstiles, Parade Audience Control, Conductor on the trains, and *maybe* Main Street vehicles. As part of PAC, in between parades, you're pretty much on your own out on the street. Entertainment is self-explanatory
    Is there a Height Limit for any of these? I am what you would call Vertically challenged? I would love to be one my own on Main Street, hand out stickers and talk with the guests. I wouldn't mind selling the balloons either!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

I have said many times, "When I retire, I want to move to Florida and work at Walt Disney World."

I want to do anything where my interaction with the guest can help make their stay more "magical" the way so many CMs have already made our stays magical.

Having done theatre for years (which is where I met my beautiful wife), I'd love to work at either the Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion. I could really get into the character. Unfortunately, I may be too old and rickety by the time I retire.

Another thought is as Mayor of Main Street. I would LOVE for my job description to include interacting with guests and just try to brighten as many days as I can.

As a previous poster already stated: working at check-in could be great. I would love to get guests' vacation started off in the right direction. At each check-in over the years, the CMs have all seemed as excited about our vacation as we were. That gets everything started off on the right foot.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    I have said many times, "When I retire, I want to move to Florida and work at Walt Disney World."
    I used to say exactly that to my kids while they were growing up. They were quite surprised when I actually did it!
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Is there a Height Limit for any of these? I am what you would call Vertically challenged? I would love to be one my own on Main Street, hand out stickers and talk with the guests. I wouldn't mind selling the balloons either!
    No height requirement :P "You must be this tall to experience...." LOL...but yeah...no height requirement.

I *believe* that Balloons are actually a third-party company. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

Lion Dancer at Festival of the Lion King!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

I *believe* that Balloons are actually a third-party company. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    Correct, still the case.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: