Quantcast If you could do any job - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-Nut View Post
    I would be perfectly happy just picking up trash in magic kingdom
    LOL...I dunno 'bout that...

:P
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Several jobs come to mind.
    1)One of the painters going around to each resort to do touch up paint jobs. 2)One of the resort workers smoothing out the sand at those resorts that have "beaches". 3)Helping to keep the property free of trash!
    (46) CB -91,95,08,13 (2)
    Poly-93, 01 Port Orl FQ - 97,98, 09, 10 Riverside 01,09, 18 Coronado -99,08
    BC - 01,03,05,06,07
    Dland 03 AK - 06 Pop-14,18 All Star 14,17,18,23
    Christmas at WL 06,07
    SS - 07,10 WL - 06, 07,10 Epcot 08,21
    GF 11 YC 12, 16, 18, 19, 23 DS 21, offsite 14
    Dolphin 21

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to work at the Haunted Mansion and I'd also love to be in a character costume, I can handle the heat.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to be the greeter at the Grand Floridian. That hotel specifically because it is so nostalgic for me and that is our home resort. I would like that job because I think you would see the least of the backstage areas. I was backstage in high school when we marched at the MK and I saw Mickey without his head and he was smoking.... takes something away there. I also think you'd see the happiest people and you wouldn't have to deal with problems!

Post Thanks / Like

- Boat driver between Port Orleans and DTD.

- Kilimanjaro Safaris driver/guide.

- Cashier at one of the bigger/busier gift shops in the parks.

- Reception at any of the deluxe resorts.

- VIP tour guide.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to drive the Cinderella's carriage at the wedding pavilion.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a project manager by trade and really enjoy it. It would be fun to combine two things I love. Is there anything at the parks for someone who likes to manage projects?
    Jennifer S.
    Arlington, VA
    Disneyland - Summer 1979; DisneyWorld (w/my Girl Scout Troop) - Summer 1983; DisneyWorld - Summer 1985; DisneyWorld - September 2001; DisneyWorld - February 2002; Disneyland - October 2005

Post Thanks / Like

By far one of the easiest questions on here!
    1.) Tower of Terror
    2.) Haunted Mansion
    3.) Kilimanjaro Safaris
    4.) Space Mountain
    5.) ANY of the characters
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer working at one of the resorts. I don't want to see the underground "workings" of Disney. It would take away the magic.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinksalot View Post
    I would prefer working at one of the resorts. I don't want to see the underground "workings" of Disney. It would take away the magic.
    It'd be the same as "backstage" at the resorts...besides, if you're *any* kind of a Disney nerd like me, the first time you get your Cast ID, that'd be the first place you head to :P
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Post Thanks / Like

I want to be in charge of handing out Pixie Dust!
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny you ask because many might say the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror b/c it's one of the few places CMs don't have to smile and be happy. But if I had the choice I would love to be Ariel. I'm a people person and I would love to be Ariel and make little girls (and boys) of all ages feel special. On the other hand I have a hobby for cake decorating so...maybe as a pastry chef or somewhere where the bakers decorate all the Disney cakes.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arielfan98 View Post
    It's funny you ask because many might say the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror b/c it's one of the few places CMs don't have to smile and be happy.
    Not necessarily, i would enjoy working those two rides due to how in character you can become. It allows for so much creativity.
    Been to Disney over 20 times...
    Last Trip: September 2014! All Star Sports
    Next Trip: September 2015???

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a Discovery Channel special about the making of Expedition Everest. There was a segment on the Imagineers and their travel to Mount Everest (I'm guessing Nepal) to experience the area. Some were charged with doing the shopping for the items in the awesome queue line. I'd SO love to be a buyer for Disney. I'm an artist and I'm REALLY into antiques and all things "eclectic". I think I'd do a great job travelling the world to find cool, interesting items to help create an authentically themed experience.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I think I would like to drive the buses from the resorts to the parks. I would like to give tidbits of info to the guests besides the usual, "please remain seated or hold on the the bars during the ride".

Other times, I'd like to work in the Emporium.
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

I think I would like to be in production of the live shows,stage or sound crew.Or,possibly grounds keeping.At the resorts,in the morning I see the guys trimming and watering plants and spiffing up the greenery.That looks pretty cool.Then again,something at AK.Working with and around the exotic animals would be very fulfilling.
    Somedays I think being a popcorn vendor would be just fine!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joy

Guest services....answering questions and solving problems and interacting with guests from all over the world....what a deal!
    Gauis2001

Over 100 seperate visits since 1972!
    1st visit was before Space Mountain was built and we used ticket books to see attractions!

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I love helping people, even when they're angry about something. I wouldn't mind working in a customer service role, especially to help resolve guest's problems and frustrations. Sometimes, there isn't an answer on how to improve something in the past other than to a) offer them something else or b) reduce the chances of that happening to other guests. I think this would be hardest to do at resorts, but I'd probably be okay doing it anywhere.

I'm guessing that takes many years of promotions, but I wouldn't mind climbing those ranks, given the opportunity to move to central Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuckUSA View Post
    You know, I love helping people, even when they're angry about something. I wouldn't mind working in a customer service role, especially to help resolve guest's problems and frustrations. Sometimes, there isn't an answer on how to improve something in the past other than to a) offer them something else or b) reduce the chances of that happening to other guests. I think this would be hardest to do at resorts, but I'd probably be okay doing it anywhere.

I'm guessing that takes many years of promotions, but I wouldn't mind climbing those ranks, given the opportunity to move to central Florida.
    *EVERY* role at Walt Disney World is "customer service" (or, "Guest Service"). From the Custodial Cast cleaning up the parks after the guests are done for the night, to the Vice President of the Walt Disney World Resort

Even as an Attractions host (and I was at *several*), every day was a new challenge. From helping "lost parents" (remember, there are no "lost children" at the Disney Parks!), to recovering lost items on attractions (had a lady one time lose her (own) stroller while riding the train between Frontierland and ToonTown...we had to stop the train just past the Indian village to pick it up, as she had been on the train ahead of us, and waiting at TTF station), to dealing with kids that weren't quite the required height (watched a lady put Mickey ice cream sandwiches *inside* of her son's shoes so he'd be "tall enough"...nope...LOL)...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I would like to be Santa...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: