Quantcast Beach Club or Yacht Club??? pls help me decide

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Beach Club or Yacht Club??? pls help me decide

My 60 yr old mom and I are taking a leisurely trip for 2 nights. Which hotel should I pick? What are the main differences between the Beach and Yacht? I'm guessing we'd prefer the more "adult" one... less children, more relaxing, etc. All comments welcome
    acts: "It all started with a mouse..."-Walter Elias Disney

May '15 Offsite;Dec '14 AKL; Aug '14 GF; May '14 ASM; Aug '13 CTMP; May '13 YC; Dec '12 ASM; Apr '12 AKL; Feb '12 CBR; Mar '10; 2009-1975 Too many....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The main difference is the theming. I'd say the Yacht Club is a little more "adult". Families are more likely to stay at the Beach Club as it's closer to Epcot.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both. I thought Yacht Club was more "adult" than Beach Club. YC was quieter and definitely felt like there were way less kids there compared to our stay at BC.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Beach Club and there were always lots of kids running around, felt like chaos every time we crossed the lobby. Which ruled it out as a relaxing place to people watch and unwind, something we usually enjoy in hotel lobbies.

From other reports, I'm guessing this isn't the norm but it wasn't a busy week, and the lobby was always jam-packed with running, fussing, or shrieking kids. Not my favorite place to be. We've decided to skip the Beach Club from now on. The Yacht Club, on the other hand, was a little dark and somber, but more adult, with a nicer gift shop and a more upscale vibe overall. I would skip the Beach Club and give the Yacht Club a try. Or maybe Boardwalk.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at both, and preferred the Yacht Club with the darker colors and more quiet feel. Loved the Beach Club as well, but something about the Yacht Club just felt more...regal. Can't wait to stay there again!

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the YC. DW and I stayed there for the first time last trip. We'll probably go back some time.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

I'm joining the Yacht Club crowd. We have done both and while I like the Beach Club there is just something about the Yacht Club.

I always feel calm and serene there. I really love the lobby. We also enjoy the quiet pool which is truly quiet and tucked away in a little corner.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at BWI, BC, YC and the Dolphin(we love that area!) BC/YC share the main pool area so if you are looking for quiet head to one of the quiet pools..YC's is off to the side of the resort and is very quiet. I would guess that BC's lobby seems noisy for two reasons..the main counter service spot for both resorts is in BC, also the only character meal in the area is at BC. For us the main reason we choose YC over BC..much better chance of getting a full balcony. We do like to spend time out there and the little 'Juliet" balconies at BC just don't cut it.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

For adult vibe Yacht Club, although I prefer the decor at Beach

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks everyone!

I love that this site enables people to help people! And gives more information than you can get on the Disney website. So, again, thank you for your input - it's truly appreciated

May '15 Offsite;Dec '14 AKL; Aug '14 GF; May '14 ASM; Aug '13 CTMP; May '13 YC; Dec '12 ASM; Apr '12 AKL; Feb '12 CBR; Mar '10; 2009-1975 Too many....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update: Back from a fabulous stay!

So we chose the Yacht Club and it was perfect. Definitely less kids... and as soon as you walked out the main lobby it was straight to the dock for Epcot. Perfect. We would have had to walk further if stayed at the Beach Club.

Went to the pool on Sunday afternoon...was very crowded...tho perhaps due to the rain for the previous couple days. Could not find 2 chairs together. Didn't stay long at pool cuz the wind made it too cool for these south florida gals. We rested a bit and then headed back to Epcot.

Would def stay here again if Epcot was the main agenda for us. We realized that the other hotel we considered, the Boardwalk, would have been much louder at night, with all the people, stores, restaurants, etc. Nice to visit/walk on but not to stay, IMO.

Also, a side note: we were picked as the family of the day when we arrived, and were taken directly to the club level - 5th floor(concierge) where we were treated to free food (snacks), drinks, continental breakfast for the length of our stay, which was 2 nights. What a treat! Our first time experiencing that and now we are spoiled - who wants to go back to regular accommodations after that?!

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. How fun! I'm glad you had a good trip and a special time at the Yacht Club.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow, what a nice upgrade! Glad you enjoyed YC.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and what a nice bonus to get to take advantage of Club Level!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed your time at the Yacht Club! Score on the upgrade! Now you're hooked.

Just for future reference, though, two things.

1. Staying at Beach Club means that you can walk into Epcot and it's a VERY short walk. No point in taking the boat since it's literally only a 3 minute walk, if that.

2. The Boardwalk Standard View rooms are VERY quiet. I stayed there for five nights a couple years ago and our room faced the inner courtyard where the quiet pool is and we did not hear a THING the whole week.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Glad you enjoyed your time at the Yacht Club! Score on the upgrade! Now you're hooked.

Just for future reference, though, two things.

1. Staying at Beach Club means that you can walk into Epcot and it's a VERY short walk. No point in taking the boat since it's literally only a 3 minute walk, if that.
    You can walk from Yacht Club, too, and from Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin. It's really not a long walk from any of them. Sometimes we prefer the boat (which takes longer because of all the stops) and sometimes, we just walk it. Shortest walk to Epcot is from the Beach Club, though, yes. Only another minute or so from Yacht Club.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    You can walk from Yacht Club, too, and from Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin. It's really not a long walk from any of them. Sometimes we prefer the boat (which takes longer because of all the stops) and sometimes, we just walk it. Shortest walk to Epcot is from the Beach Club, though, yes. Only another minute or so from Yacht Club.
    Well, yeah. I only mentioned it because she said they used the boat dock to go to Epcot and they would have had to walk further if they stayed at the Beach Club. I was pointing out that the BC is so close to Epcot, that walking to the boat dock to take the boat to Epcot is sort of pointless.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Natalie and Sherri...

Thanks Natalie and Sherri - Good to know about staying at the Boardwalk. And, you are correct, the walk to Epcot would be shorter if staying at BC. Definitely no need to take the boat. Thanks again.