Quantcast Something brewing tonight?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something brewing tonight?

Bob Iger is at WDW, and was spotted in DHS... Some online are saying there is to be some sort of announcement before the fireworks or after the 7:45 dance party...

Today is Star Wars Day... Could they really be announcing something Star Wars related to the theme parks? Or is this more to do about nothing? No, no major media outlets have been contacted for any press event/announcement... Guess we have to wait and see...

My guess: if there is an announcement of something Star Wars related tonight, it will be about the upcoming Episode VII.... Maybe the big three signing on?

if anyone knows anything, please share... this is news to a lot of people.. No one saw this on the radar...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep- I have a friend who is a CM @DHS - he just told me a few minutes ago that Iger is expected to speak at 9:45 tonight, just before the fireworks. We'll see...
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMCTxMom View Post
    Yep- I have a friend who is a CM @DHS - he just told me a few minutes ago that Iger is expected to speak at 9:45 tonight, just before the fireworks. We'll see...
    I guess no one is clued in on what the topic is going to be?

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

ok I am interested lol.
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to see here... Move along... Move along...

Lifestylers trying to drive views to his website, and followers to his Twitter account so he can continue to live his Disney-filled lifestyle.. Dude is one pathetic loser...

Anyway, expectations were for nothing... We got nothing... No disappointment... Disney delivers again!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another site is posting that there was no announcement. Anyone hear anything yet?

Edit to say we were posting at same time disneyfreak.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

lol oh well, No news is ...well disney news lol
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Another site is posting that there was no announcement. Anyone hear anything yet?

Edit to say we were posting at same time disneyfreak.

Twitter was trolled by a pathetic lifestyler... Guess he was running out of free Disney stuff and needed more followers to convince them to keep him on the FREEBIE list...

And people wonder why I rail against these losers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Twitter was trolled by a pathetic lifestyler... Guess he was running out of free Disney stuff and needed more followers to convince them to keep him on the FREEBIE list...

And people wonder why I rail against these losers?
    That was RIDICULOUS last night. I've kind of been taking a break from Disney topics on Twitter as of late, and last night proved why. Unbelievable how fast false info and speculation just flies through the Disney community on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone PM me the twitter handle or site so I know to avoid in the future? I haven't been on Twitter as much lately but plan to be back on more in the near future and would like to know which sources are unreliable. Thanks.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    That was RIDICULOUS last night. I've kind of been taking a break from Disney topics on Twitter as of late, and last night proved why. Unbelievable how fast false info and speculation just flies through the Disney community on there.
    It was... and in no way did this lifestyler even try to put out the flames... he was loving the attention his Twitter handle and website were getting...

These are the people Disney caters too... I really think their marketing department needs an overhaul...

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly is a "lifestyler?"
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Im not sure who this one is but there are others like them. They make up some disney news story thats they got from a "CM" (I put "cm" in quotations because 90% of the time there is no real CM handing over the info). They post it to their site and other forms of social media. and it explodes mainly because people that view their sites believe him and what ends up happening is the info is false and the person posting it doesn't make a correction or say i'm sorry They are just living for the hits and responses... some do it in hopes to be invited to events as a "reporter" and some do it to cause trouble...
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, so just like CNN.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to define it as nice as I can...

A Disney lifestyler is someone whose life revolves around Disney... They decorate their house is all things Disney... They relocate to Orlando just to be near WDW... They eat, sleep, breathe Disney... They make Disney their work... They quit real jobs to sit at home, behind a computer, reading Disney sites, running their own site or podcast... They troll Twitter... They hang on every last word of the Disney company... Disney is their life 24/7... Nothing else exists...

These people are crazy... They are nut jobs... They have a major mental disorder... They are worse that rabid fans... They are a breed, a dangerous breed, unto themselves...

They try to act like real media... They try to act like real journalists... They do this to feed their addiction... And they would do anything to keep that addiction fed... Like, as I said, quit their jobs just to be closer to WDW... They live in the parks... They know nothing else other than WDW... If WDW were to shut down tomorrow, these people would be locked away in an insane asylum...

They are different than fans, though many Disney fans are just as nuts... I mean, they have to be to pay one of these bozos $400 for a private WDW tour...

Disney is part of the problem... They treat social media bloggers as if they are real media.. They aren't... They are wannabes... And one is worse than the other...

Post Thanks / Like

Got it!

So putting those giant mouse ears on my car last month....that probably puts me down the road (pun intended) to that category?

Post Thanks / Like

Got it!

So putting those giant mouse ears on my car last month....that probably puts me down the road (pun intended) to that category?
    OOPS! I think I need to sign up for help now...here we're planning to retire (20 years early) and move closer to WDW.

Of course, I can barely use a computer so I guess running a blog spot is out of the question...and I was thinking I might still need a day job.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, so just like CNN.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also be interested to know the original source of the rumor, so I can make sure I'm not part of the problem. I do have a "Disney-centric" Twitter account (one of two Twitter "alter egos"), but I do NOT want to be part of the problem.

I saw the rumor (and, I confess, RT'd it, believing my source to be reliable). I wasn't shocked when nothing came of it, and actually even included the hashtag #spreadingrumors to apply what felt like a needed grain of salt. A few of us created some other rumors, too, but ones that were clearly and obviously meant to be jokes.

In any case, I like to keep my Disney obsession within the bounds of well-reasoned good taste, so I'd be grateful to hear who was responsible for originating the rumor (just in case I have been duped into following them).
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: