Quantcast A few characters I wanna find??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A few characters I wanna find??

Hey all, I am going to Disneyland in California this August... and there are a few characters I REALLY would like to see. I just don't know where to find them and more importantly *when* to find them.

On my list are the Mad Hatter (which I know is common at DLR, I have just never seen him during my travels), Cruella de Vil, Mary Poppins & Bert and lastly Lady Tremaine and the Ugly Stepsisters... I've seen videos of them and they are HILARIOUS!

On a side note, we are dining at both Goofy's Kitchen and the Plaza Inn - Breakfast in the Park... what characters are we likely to see in those places? I hear Mickey doesn't appear in Goofy's Kitchen, which I think is a tad... odd.

Any information is appreciated.
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Bert and Mary Poppins strolling around near the Jolly Holiday restaurant/corn dog stand area at the end of Main Street several times. I don't know the times I saw them, but I've seen them more than once there.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    I've seen Bert and Mary Poppins strolling around near the Jolly Holiday restaurant/corn dog stand area at the end of Main Street several times. I don't know the times I saw them, but I've seen them more than once there.
    Is there any day of the week/time you recall seeing them there?

Post Thanks / Like

I know Mary takes part in a little show with the Button People, but I never saw her or Bert doing actual meet and greets.

We saw Alice and Mad Hatter doing meets every day on our trip in January. Cruella was meeting daily just as you enter Disneyland near Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln entrance. I've never seen the Stepsisters or Mrs. Tremaine at Disneyland. Saw them in the Magic Kingdom at WDW all the time.

Unless things have changed, Goofy's Kitchen is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get (except for Goofy, of course). Can't help with the others, sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

When we were in DL last June, the Mad Hatter and Alice were doing meet and greets by the teacups everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Cruella appears very often in Town Square, in the mornings.

Alice and Mad Hatter do daily meet and greets around the Mad Tea Party/Alice in Wonderland ride area.

Mary Poppins is easiest to spot on Main Steet, towards the castle. I suppose the Jolly Holiday Bakery is her new "home". She used to hang out in that general area before the bakery relocated there.

When our kids were little, we used to frequent the baby care centers and we'd often sit on the benches outside it and have snacks, etc. since the space inside is so small (while one parent and one baby were inside, the other would hang out in that little courtyard outside and wait). There is a set of doors right next to the First Aid Center. ALL the face characters come out from there so if you sit there for about an hour, you will see Peter Pan and Wendy, Cruella de Ville, the Ugly Stepsisters, Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, Alice and the Mad Hatter, etc. as they come and go. It's quite amusing to watch them snap into character the moment they come out from the doors, and equally amusing to see that many of them "lose" character just a few seconds before they head back in.

Also, it's not uncommon to see Alice, the Mad Hatter, and Peter Pan and Wendy running around Fantasyland riding the rides! They are often seen riding the Teacups, the Carousel, and Dumbo. Sometimes,Peter Pan will just jump right in line and wait and talk excitedly to the kids in line about how fun the ride is and how it's his "favoite" (every ride is his favorite). It's so cool!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    Is there any day of the week/time you recall seeing them there?
    It would have been a Saturday or Sunday. I don't know the time.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

You can go to Guest Relations on Main Street and ask if/when specific characters will be out that day. They will let you know the schedule of appearances.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for all you're help!

So, am I safe in assuming that (at least) Lady Tremaine (not sure about the Stepsisters) is pretty much a no-go? From browsing the Disney Character Central website, Lady Termaine has only 2 points out of 5, which means not out normally or seasonal/special events only. It appears as if she is only out and about in Disneyland during Disney's Halloween Time...

Post Thanks / Like

All three Tremaines only usually meet at Halloween although the sisters were frequent visitors to dancin with Disney last year. It starts up again next week so well know then if they are changing the formula. The rest all meet daily