Quantcast Bringing wine/beer on board

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Bringing wine/beer on board

Our first cruise is quickly approaching and I have another newbie question...

Is there a limit on the bottles of wine and or beer that you can bring on board? Does it need to be packed a certain way or can you just carry it on board in a wine tote? And would that tote count as a carry on? We have to schlep a ton of luggage because we have a resort stay before and after the cruise, and I'd hate to have to lose anything because we have too much junk

I know the cocktail prices are a little steep once on board, so I'm hoping bringing some treats of our own will help to keep our bill "a little" more in check!

Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney may do it differently but I've never heard of a cruise allowing you to bring your own bottles with you. They want you to but their overpriced drinks. You can purchase bottles in other countries but they confiscate them before you board. If they don't check inside your luggage you could hide it in there.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is indeed different! It's true that you are able to bring liquor on board the DCL, but I don't know the limits.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the answer directly from the Disney Cruise Line website:

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:
    •Outside alcohol cannot be consumed in any lounge or public area
    •At Palo and Remy, a $20 corkage fee will be charged for outside wine and champagne
    •Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
    Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.
    Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Have a great vacation!! Only 154 days till our first Disney cruise!!
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic...but did you know that you can store luggage at the resort if you will be staying there again after your cruise? We just returned from WDW...did 2 nights at PO French Quarter...3 night cruise on the Dream...then 2 more nights at PO French Quarter. We fly Southwest so we each took 2 suitcases on this trip...1 with clothes for the resort/ 1 with clothes for the cruise. We just stored the resort suitcases with Bell Services while on the cruise and picked them up again upon our return. Much easier than lugging all that on to the ship.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses!!

If I can store my luggage at the resort during our cruise, that would be a dream come true!! I've been dreading lugging all of our nonsense around and having it take up so much room in our stateroom. We're at Boardwalk before and Contemporary after...I'm going to email the concierge today and see what I can do! Thanks for the heads up

So glad we can bring our own bottles. I'm a little bit of a wine snob, and not a huge fan of foofy cocktails

Just a few more weeks and we can enjoy some vino on our little verandah!

Have a great cruise LuvsTigger! It's our first cruise too...excited for the new experience!

Post Thanks / Like

We have brought our own alcohol on each cruise. DH brings the aluminum bottles of beer and I have brought Bahamas Mamas or tequila and margarita mix with no problem.

You cannot take it out of your stateroom, so only bring as much as you plan to drink sitting in your room. We just had ours as a nightcap on our verandah once we were in for the night.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Bring what you want, as much as you want. You just have to carry it on the ship with you, so just remember that. If you arrive early to the port, you could be lugging it all around until 1-1:30 when your stateroom becomes ready. If you see how they handle luggage in the port and on the ship, you won't want to pack ANYTHING breakable or spill-able in your checked bags (and I don't want my luggage anywhere near yours if you do).

If you want to have a glass of your own wine at an MDR, you will pay the corkage fee (even though sometimes they may not charge you, you must expect that they will). Even if you open it in your room and bring it open, or it is a screw top bottle, you will still be charged the fee ('corkage' is really not the best description of the charge). If you purchased the bottle while on board, you won't be charged. This includes bottles purchased in a wine package, by winning a prize, or received as a gift.

For enjoying wine in your stateroom, just let your steward know that you need a corker and glasses. They typically have a little kit already made for this.

We plan on bringing some liquor that we can mix with the included drinks on deck (sodas, juice). We aren't huge beer or wine drinkers.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: