Quantcast MVMCP - Ticket Pricing: Wow!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MVMCP - Ticket Pricing: Wow!

I think I may have done this same post last year, but holy Grinch Batman.

I got a monthly e-newsletter today and saw that day-off tix for the event were over $71!!! Maybe its the 100 degree day we had in MN yesterday that made me cranky, but this seems ridiculous even for Disney.

I have no idea how they can justify that pricing level for the product delivered, other than simply "people will pay it." We've done it twice, and even then I groaned at the $45 advance ticket price, and it was enjoyable, but I simply don't see anything that makes it worth over $70. I'm a family of 5 and no way would I ever shell out $350 for a partial nights activity. I just don't get it. Yeah you get to see the Christmas day parade, have some cookies and hot chocolate, and maybe a few shows not normally seen, but none of that amounts to $70 worth of entertainment value, at least imo.

What I really don't like is that, by my count, they are doing this 19 times between Nov-Dec. Generally, this is when we like to go down, which means that basically my access to the Magic Kingdom is cut in 1/2 by this event, although my base ticket prices certainly don't reflect my limited access.

Uggh, I hate money grabs

Woke up on wrong side of the bed, sorry for the rant. Only one way to solve it. Can't say you've been drinking all day if you don't start in the morning.

It's 5:00 somewhere.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is a little too high. I typically vacation during MNSSHP and we don't attend as the cost for the entire family is way too much to justify. We can go on those rides any other time, so why would I pay all that money for a parade and trick or treating. I'd rather give the kids $10 each to go buy some candy!

I was there in November and skipped the MVMCP party too.

But as long as people pay it, Disney will charge it.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how larger your family is you can almost add a whole day to your package. We are skipping it this year too I just can't make myself pay that.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I have no idea how they can justify that pricing level for the product delivered, other than simply "people will pay it."

I'm a family of 5 and no way would I ever shell out $350 for a partial nights activity.

...Basically my access to the Magic Kingdom is cut in 1/2 by this event, although my base ticket prices certainly don't reflect my limited access.
    This is what really irks me. They're double-dipping on the same day, plain and simple. Defenders will say there are still three other parks, but it's really only one other one whose regular hours are past 7 (Epcot). Let's all funnel everyone who doesn't have a party ticket to that park three to four nights a week.

Yeah, they have a special show, parade, fireworks or whatever. If the park was open that night regularly (which it is on the non-party nights), they still would have had parades and shows and had to pay for entertainment, cast members, etc.

I'm right there with you.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't really get these extra parties. Double dipping is what it is.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some because my aunt has never seen it and I know she'll really enjoy it. I paid 56 with my DVC discount, I wish it wasn't that expensive.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I enjoy the snow on main street a lot, but that's a steep price.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

i thought it was cool once, wouldn't go again.
    as i remember when we went, and we didn't have any discount, it was just 56 or so.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I would never pay that. You do not receive anything extra that is worth the money? The hot chocolate and cookie are not that good.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been to the Halloween Party and the Christmas Party and I can’t say the CP is worth the money. At least the kids get candy at the HP to take home. I’ve seen the CP once, it was OK to see it then and I have the video, but we won’t do it again. Especially with current pricing.
    DVC Owner: BCV in 2002 & AKV in 2008
    18 visits home between 2000 and 2014
    Next up:
    AKV in September 2014
    BCV in December 2015

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have never done the Christmas Party but we would not miss the MNNSHP, once and we were hooked The rides having no wait plus the Macabre mood, along with the parade and special fireworks make for magical nights

Granted, I wish the tickets were less for MNSSHP but for us its a must and we budget it in somehow

*- 29 total visits to the World -*

September 2009 AKL Jambo House Savannah View ∞ Honeymoon ∞
    September 2012 AKL Jambo House ∞ 3 year Anniversary ∞
    September 2013 Polynesian ∞ 4 year Anniversary ∞
    November 2014 Polynesian ∞ My Birthday/5 year Anniversary Combo ∞

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the price is way to high IMO.
    I'm a FL resident and AP holder with my family. Honestly I wish that if someone is an AP holder, they should include one night of your choice [MNSSHP or MVMCP], and beyond that if you want another you can pay.

I can do hot cocoa and cookies at home, and take my sons to see the parade during the day.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Next they will probably add parties for all holidays so they can double dip more. Before long the MK will be extra ticket only in the evenings or an add on thing like water parks. Great money maker for them. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Having done both the Halloween and Christmas Party, I have to say I feel you get way more bang for your buck at the Halloween Party. It seems like they keep subtracting from the Christmas Party. I love Christmas, and I love Disney at Christmas, but I don't know if we'll ever do the Christmas party again. All that money for a special parade, not-so-special fireworks, lukewarm hot chocolate and a cookie, and a few special characters? Eh.

Hallowishes and the Halloween Parade are sooo much better, and I love the atmosphere of all the people in costume.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

But let's put some perspective on this, only one night is charged at $71, Dec 20, the only Premium night. With some exceptions, the advanced sale price for most nights is $58.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw this post. I had to run over to Disney.com and check it out. What I found was the tickets are $62/$57 Nov.- Dec. EXCEPT the 20th of Dec. that is when they are $71/$66.

AP is Nov.-Dec. $58/$53 with limited days..

I do think it’s high regardless. for what you get, but some people (including myself) like going at that time of year because the park isn't that full (depending on the night you choose) I love the MVMCP the best although the MNSSHP has less people and they are fun to see dressed up.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

My biggest complaint is not that the party itself isn't fun. I enjoy it. Problem is that the MK is packed on the nights when there is no party.

Last Christmas we had a large family reunion in Orlando the week before Christmas. Now, we love Wishes fireworks. But try to visit the MK on one of the few nights when there is no party: The place is a madhouse! Very few of us had a decent view of Wishes. This is especially true for the little ones.

Does seem a bit greedy of Disney to make it nearly impossible to view the holiday Wishes without ponying up for the party.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

We have done both. I loved the MNSSHP and would do it again. But the Xmas party was miserable. Thru no fault of Disney, it was a SUPER hot and humid day in December when we attended. No way was I drinking hot cocoa. And I was only annoyed at the falling snow as I wiped the sweat off my face. So we decided the party was not for us.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: