Quantcast Never ever again!! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    I But has it gone downhill since our last visit?
    The theme and people haven't changed. There has been some upgrades. They offer free wifi and mini fridge and the furniture has also been replaced. We have stayed three times and have no complaints.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with pretty much every poster before me. When used to always stay at a value resort and Im still not sure what was worse: the noise, rowdiness, or the terrible wait for the buses (pops is a little better than the ASR).

The evening before Christmas eve the last year we did Value it was raining and freezing cold leaving MGM. The line for the ASR was insane and everyone but a few was out in the weather. They would not send for more buses or re-route them -- saw at least 4 of every other resort come and go with just a few people on them. We were soaked through our rain resistant jackets and multiple layers underneath. By the time we made it back to the room we were too cold and tired to go back out cancelling our ressie.

Ever since then we have done moderate and preferably Deluxe. I have found with either, especially Deluxe, that the noise level is next to nothing, no "running all over the place", and never a wait for a bus

This is our 1st time to the Poly and hope our good luck with Deluxes keeps going I will never stay at a Value again.

*- 29 total visits to the World -*

September 2009 AKL Jambo House Savannah View ∞ Honeymoon ∞
    September 2012 AKL Jambo House ∞ 3 year Anniversary ∞
    September 2013 Polynesian ∞ 4 year Anniversary ∞
    November 2014 Polynesian ∞ My Birthday/5 year Anniversary Combo ∞

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I've spent 2 weeks at ASMusic each year for the last 5 years and I'll be staying again in August 2013. I haven't noticed any problems and I've stayed in either Jazz Inn or Calypso. I don't expect any trouble this year.
    Good to know. We are now a family of six flying out from Seattle. For such a longer distance we want a longer trip and we can't afford anything but the value. Even the family suite at the art of animation is more per night.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiosammy View Post
    I have to agree with pretty much every poster before me. When used to always stay at a value resort and Im still not sure what was worse: the noise, rowdiness, or the terrible wait for the buses (pops is a little better than the ASR)...
    Ever since then we have done moderate and preferably Deluxe. I have found with either, especially Deluxe, that the noise level is next to nothing, no "running all over the place", and never a wait for a bus
    This is our 1st time to the Poly and hope our good luck with Deluxes keeps going I will never stay at a Value again.
    The poly is a great place to stay. While I found no appreciable noise the main building at times was very crowded. Nothing to worry about but just don't be surprised.
    The deluxe's always get the best bus service, while the moderates are nice as well.
    Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

To the OP, so sorry you had a bad experience on your trip! But, if you don't let Disney know there's a problem, they can't fix it. No matter what the circumstances of your check in were, you have every right to bring a problem to a manager's attention if it's affecting your stay.

Post Thanks / Like

that stimks about your bad experience.
    I have to say I love the values and have never had a bad experience.
    we stayed once at the CBR and hated it. It was bug infested, saw way to many snakes, way too spread out, the busses stunk.
    I've never had a bad experience at the values, always clean, always friendly cast menbers who have gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    I have to say I love the values and have never had a bad experience.
    I've never had a bad experience at the values, always clean, always friendly cast menbers who have gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable.
    This.

As for a quieter location, we usually stay in the preferred section, but request a room that does not face the pool. By doing so, we are removed from the giant photo ops and the foot traffic to the pool and main building.

I hate it that your experience was not good.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    The poly is a great place to stay. While I found no appreciable noise the main building at times was very crowded. Nothing to worry about but just don't be surprised.
    The deluxe's always get the best bus service, while the moderates are nice as well.
    Good luck
    Thanks for putting my mind at ease

*- 29 total visits to the World -*

September 2009 AKL Jambo House Savannah View ∞ Honeymoon ∞
    September 2012 AKL Jambo House ∞ 3 year Anniversary ∞
    September 2013 Polynesian ∞ 4 year Anniversary ∞
    November 2014 Polynesian ∞ My Birthday/5 year Anniversary Combo ∞

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Disney should do what they can to help a guest, but when it is out of their power the least they could do is allow you to leave and get a refund for unused time. .... I suspect Disney won't do this, but they should. It would be unnoticeable on their annual report.
    I asked about early checkout once (because of a DISASTROUS trip that was no fault of Disney's) and they told me at the CR that all I had to do was be out by checkout time and they would refund the unused days. You will loose your tickets' unused days, but the room is refundable.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I asked about early checkout once (because of a DISASTROUS trip that was no fault of Disney's) and they told me at the CR that all I had to do was be out by checkout time and they would refund the unused days. You will loose your tickets' unused days, but the room is refundable.
    Disney will always refund you back any unused room nights if you have to leave early.

I had to leave a day early during ICOT15 due to Hurricane Sandy, and as soon as my plane ticket was confirmed changed, I went to the front desk to talk to the manager. Without missing a beat, he switched my checkout day to the next day, told me I'd get a refund for the unused last night, and I did, literally hours later it appeared on my credit card as "pending".

I think if you have a package, though, things might get a little more tricky.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

DAS does seem to attract families with irresponsible parents, as though there is a correlation between income strata and parenting skills.

I'm not a snob, especially since we usually stay there, but it does seem to happen. With us, it's always the traveling sports tweens running amok, while their oblivious parents imbibe at Team Spirits.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have asked to change resorts to POP or to a moderate (if it was ok financially). You can move to another resort. We were there the same week at Riverside. Don't put up with this nonsense. You are paying for your vacation. I know POP was available. Riverside was full. It is your money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    You will loose your tickets' unused days, but the room is refundable.
    Something is better than nothing, but when booking a package it would be nice if the unused portion of the package could be refunded. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both pop and all stars.. If we do value again we will only do pop purely for the bus situation. We were beyond frustrated with the lines leaving magic kingdom at closing and having to deal with three bus stops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    We never stayed at All Stars, but POP is a nice value resort and the food court is good too.
    Another vote for Pop!
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    Our one experience at a value was the exact opposite. We sat shivering in the cold after swimming one night in December. Our key wouldn't work. It took 45 minutes and 3 trips to the front desk to get us and our 4 kids inside and warm. Things were not handled satisfactorily at all. The front desk CM was extremely rude and condescending (even though I was as polite as I could be, because my momma always told me that honey catches more flies than vinegar!) Even after complaining to another manager the next day, all we got was a shoulder shrug and a weak, "Sorry."
    Oh I know your pain!!! My room key stopped working at Music and I pretty much had the same ordeal, except at 1130PM and it took me an hour to get into my room.

And I get why everyone says they stay at Deluxe bc of this, but seriously, not everyone can afford $400 a night for a room. So bc of this does this mean lower income families should have to deal with nonsense?
    Being cheaper doesn't give you the excuse to be sub par or allow people to be disruptive.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never understand why people still stay at the All Stars...Pop is the same rate and so much tamer
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We stay all star music because of the family suites.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvtink View Post
    We have stayed at values on numerous occasions, and never had a problem. Actually, I prefer of the family feel and the theming it has over the other resorts, which tend to just be like Marriots to me. I want to feel like I am in Disney. I was not a big fan of the Contemporary, and I actually hated our stay at Saratoga Springs. I do love Port Orleans, but like I said, no real problems with the values. You say a two year old was screaming. As in crying? I would have to defend those parents if the child were crying. Two year olds tend to do that. Who knows if the child were sick or something. Now if they were just outside playing and screaming and yelling, that is rude and I would call the desk and ask them to send someone out to deal with it. I guess if you are just two adults and you like quiet, the values probably aren't a good choice. Go to Saratoga Springs. I never saw another person, and we were so far from the main building, it was ridiculous. Believe it or not, I told them to send me to a value, which they did. I enjoyed it much better. I guess we all have a different perspective of what is a good resort.
    Agree 100%W with every single word you have written. I have to be honest. There are times when I hear so much complaining about Disney on this site and I have to ask myself why do people keep going back then? And wow, compared to "regular" hotels, even the Values at Disney are AMAZING IMHO.
    And personally I think $100-150 per night for a room is actually expensive and I feel very blessed when I can do that for my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Springs View Post
    DAS does seem to attract families with irresponsible parents, as though there is a correlation between income strata and parenting skills.

I'm not a snob, especially since we usually stay there, but it does seem to happen. With us, it's always the traveling sports tweens running amok, while their oblivious parents imbibe at Team Spirits.
    I have to be honest, the "but" in your post negates you comment(s) before. I find it sad that you think income=bad parenting. Let me say that I know a wide range of people from literal millionaires to poverty stricken and there are equal amounts of parents who don't do everything like we think they should [aka: bad parents] and those that are amazing.

Maybe I should I apologize for our family? My husband and I work full time, are well educated, both with university degrees and I hold a Master's. Yet for the cold hard money, we make a combined income yearly of $30-35K. And I research about every aspect of my parenting. And guess what? There are days where my sons are off the chain, especially the one with Autism, and there are days they are perfect angels.
    It's sad I would be judged because of a Disney Resort I would stay in and the income we make.

**shrug**
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    We stay all star music because of the family suites.
    Whaaaaa...???? How on earth did I miss that AS has family sweets!! **off to look it up!**

I really want to do a 'mini vacation', maybe over labor day with my boys. That would be perfect!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: