Quantcast Never ever again!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Never ever again!!

As I write this, I'm sitting on the edge of the bed at the All star Movies Resort nearing 1:00am because some morons two year old is outside screaming at the top of his lungs. This is just one of many horrible experiences I've had here so far.
    I saved a long time to take this vacation and it's virtually been ruined by ignorant parents, no air conditioning, bad food and the list goes on.
    Well, this has been a lesson learned and next time I'll be back at a moderate. Ugh!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Took a lot less than that to convince me to never stay in a value again. The buses were enough, which is a problem with the moderates as well.

Post Thanks / Like

We never stayed at All Stars, but POP is a nice value resort and the food court is good too.

Sorry your trip hasn't been the greatest as yet; I hope you still have time left to pull it out!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read about your less than magical experience. I hope that your annoying neighbors check out soon and that you have some wonderful park time to make up for it!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya. Our family of 6 had to switch from deluxes to values when we had our 4th child (we couldn't afford 2 deluxe rooms, so we went for 2 value rooms.) One time at ASMovies was plenty (the bus situation, micro bathrooms, outdoor corridors = noise, + rude CMs). We stopped in the lobby one day and signed up for the DVC tour. We bought 150 points through resale about a month after we got home from that trip. Wish we'd done it sooner.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear you are having a bad stay! I would be so angry too. I would go straight to the front desk at 1am and demand a manager. It is not acceptable for another guest to be making so much noise that your sleep is impacted like that. Try and get moved to another resort for the rest of your stay.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you're not having a magical trip. Unfortunately, rude neighbors are not relegated to the value resorts. On at least one occasion, we've needed to call the front desk to complain about noisy neighbors but were gratified that the complaint was handled readily and the noise quickly died away.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    So sorry to hear you are having a bad stay! I would be so angry too. I would go straight to the front desk at 1am and demand a manager. It is not acceptable for another guest to be making so much noise that your sleep is impacted like that. Try and get moved to another resort for the rest of your stay.
    Absolutely this. You do not have to put up with any of it. I know it's a hassle to move, but not less of a hassle than losing sleep and getting more upset by the conditions. Possibly nothing can be done about food, but you're paying for AC that works and a quiet comfortable place to sleep, which does not include screaming people at all hours. They can and will move you, offer refunds, do anything in their power to make this right for you-- as long as they know there's an issue.

I'm a deluxe fan, but I've had bad neighbors and maintenance issues at even the deluxes, and I've had great stays at value resorts (well, one, at Pop, my only value stay). But if you're not happy, say something and they should try to accommodate you.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous posters. Walk down to the front desk, right away and get this sorted.

They should be able to move you to a different part of the resort, or maybe even a different resort.

Be calm (I know it is hard), and let them know how it can be fixed for you.

Good Luck!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Sorry you're not having a magical trip. Unfortunately, rude neighbors are not relegated to the value resorts. On at least one occasion, we've needed to call the front desk to complain about noisy neighbors but were gratified that the complaint was handled readily and the noise quickly died away.
    Our one experience at a value was the exact opposite. We sat shivering in the cold after swimming one night in December. Our key wouldn't work. It took 45 minutes and 3 trips to the front desk to get us and our 4 kids inside and warm. Things were not handled satisfactorily at all. The front desk CM was extremely rude and condescending (even though I was as polite as I could be, because my momma always told me that honey catches more flies than vinegar!) Even after complaining to another manager the next day, all we got was a shoulder shrug and a weak, "Sorry."
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basket Mommy View Post
    Our one experience at a value was the exact opposite. We sat shivering in the cold after swimming one night in December. Our key wouldn't work. It took 45 minutes and 3 trips to the front desk to get us and our 4 kids inside and warm. Things were not handled satisfactorily at all. The front desk CM was extremely rude and condescending (even though I was as polite as I could be, because my momma always told me that honey catches more flies than vinegar!) Even after complaining to another manager the next day, all we got was a shoulder shrug and a weak, "Sorry."
    I had this happen at a Marriott recently, with the key thing. Three times to my door and back and the desk clerk kept acting like I was an idiot who just couldn't figure out how to open my door. Finally, they sent a maintenance guy with me who figured out that the door was broken and fixed it on the spot. They were then very apologetic. Sometimes things happen and I'm understanding about it. It was beyond anyone's control, things break, except for the clerk treating me like I just didn't know how to function. An apology in that case was enough. Sometimes there's not much else to do.

If I'm ever not satisfied by the answers I get, I will ask for a supervisor or go beyond that if possible. Sometimes there is no satisfaction. I'm always very sweet and it never hurts to try. One case of bad service doesn't mean we should all throw up our hands and just accept it when it happens. But I think in the case of our OP, they would do something if made aware.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Sometimes things happen and I'm understanding about it. It was beyond anyone's control, things break, except for the clerk treating me like I just didn't know how to function. An apology in that case was enough. Sometimes there's not much else to do.
    I didn't mean to imply that an apology wasn't enough. Had I gotten a sincere apology, I think I would've been fine. I didn't expect a discount or anything given to me for free. I know it happens; it's technology. It was the attitude of the CMs I dealt with that bothered me. My kids sat on a balcony dripping wet for 45 minutes in the chilly (low 50s) weather, and all I got was a shrug and a "sorry". Not your typical Disney apology. After years of over the top customer service at deluxe resorts, I was just not impressed by what I saw at the value. It was enough to make me never want to go back to one. We're more than happy as DVC members. I'm kind of glad the value service was like it was. If we'd had a spectacular experience at ASMovies, we wouldn't have even thought about joining DVC!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Our one stay at a value resort on our last trip was enough for us to purchase DVC. Pop wasn't that bad, but a huge difference between that and moderates in my opinion.

On another note, I always bring a small fan with me and place it on the night stand next to my head to create a constant white noise and drown out any small noises; however, screaming children will over take white noise.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that inconsiderate "adults" spoiled your vacation. I hope the rest of your vacation is magical.

Unfortunately, in these days, problems with inconsiderate "neighbors" are not solely the situation at value resorts. They can and do happen at moderate and deluxe resorts.

This is also true with the buses - bus problems don't happen only at value resorts.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

If they were noisy "neighbors" I would have requested a move BUT I came in complaining that I did not get the preferred area I paid in advance for. Now that Im in the Toy Story area I regret it on every level.
    People who are checking in late at night make a bee line for a photo op with Buzz & Woody and let the kids crawl all over them making as much noise as they possibly can. I feel like I've been stationed above a 24 hour daycare center. We go home tomorrow, thank God.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.we've stayed at many times in the values,and my only complaint was the toilet flushing above me, and noise from the pool, which after that visit I ensure I am NOT facing a pool. We bought into DVC for the Grand Villas...gotta love them for family trips...the bought BCV and VWL for smaller trips...we"re at BCV right now...i always request top floor...boy it was 91 degrees today!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad experience. Inconsiderate people are the worst. Is it really that hard to say "excuse me, please, thank you, or you're welcome"?
    We stayed at the Buzz Lightyear building and lucked out by being on the second level towards the parking lot. It wasn't always Jiminy Cricket out there talking to us but by no means was it loud.
    As for the busses, every property has their issue. We witness countless nights that every bus stop was PACKED. We have found a nice trick with end of the night buses. We have had instances that the ASMusic line was small or empty and hopped on that bus and just walked to ASMovies. Saved a lot of time.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at Pop a couple of times in recent years and had no problems, but the last time I stayed at an Allstar resort was 16 years ago. We were at Sports , with a room next to the football field and teens were goofing around out there until 4 a.m. I said never again and stuck to it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I've stayed at Pop a couple of times in recent years and had no problems, but the last time I stayed at an Allstar resort was 16 years ago. We were at Sports , with a room next to the football field and teens were goofing around out there until 4 a.m. I said never again and stuck to it.
    I had that exact same experience and made (and kept) the same vow!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Movies 13 years ago and I think there was a cheer leading competition at WDW, so all we heard outside our room was kids practicing routines till about 11pm. Never again will we stay at the all stars.
    1990 - CBR
    1998 - Disney Institute
    2000 - All Star Movies
    2003 - Land and Sea - CBR
    2004 - CBR
    2006 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2012 - Art of Animation-Nemo
    2013 - Art of Animation- Lion King
    2014 - Star Wars Weekends - Pop Century
    2015 - Aulani
    2016 - POFQ
    2017 - POFQ Again