Quantcast Why does Disney site say jacket for dinner on a 4 night cruise?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why does Disney site say jacket for dinner on a 4 night cruise?

A coworker is leaving for a 4 night cruise on the Dream this weekend. He and his party are freaking out over the Disney website suggesting men and women dress up one of those nights -- a so-called formal night. I didn't experience anyone dressing this way for dinner at any time on a 4 night cruise. I told him the only requirement I knew of was a jacket for Remy's (and Palo, too?) Can anyone clarify this issue for us quickly?

Thanks in advance!
    Jane Agnes Banks
    I was aka Agnes in VMK

"Course heading, Captain?"
    "Second star to the right... and straight on 'til morning."
    --Chekov and Kirk
    The Undiscovered Country

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've been on 3 cruises and I have never worn a jacket or coat and tie. There are some folks who do, but not everyone. Being from Texas, I usually just wear a nice pair of unfaded blue jeans and a nice shirt.
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

A dress shirt and slacks are fine. You are eating at a fine restaurant, jeans are really not appropriate.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

It's a suggestion, as the theme that night is "Formal Night".

There WILL be people onboard in tuxedos and evening gowns. Some people like to go all out.

It's totally OPTIONAL though. In lieu of dressing formal, guests are welcome to dine in clothes that meet the dining room dress code every night of the cruise. (No jeans, cutoff shorts, tank tops, or swim attire, no flip flops)

We didn't go to the dining room on Formal Night. We were not in the mood to dress up and didn't want to feel out of place. We ate dinner elsewhere that night.

Jackets are only required at Remy, from what I recall.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

From a recent communication from Disney regarding a 4 night cruise aboard the Dream...

Formal Attire: Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

Disney doesn't really enforce a dress code in the main dining rooms. This is NOT true for some of the other cruise lines, but Disney does not.

Post Thanks / Like

We cruised on the Disney Magic last spring, and on formal night we wore jackets and sport shirts (no ties). One of the guys in the group forgot to bring a sportcoat and just wore a sport shirt and slacks and no one said anything to him. For semi-formal night it was a polo shirt and slacks. We didn't see any tuxes and I don't think even a lot of nice suits.

We are leaving on the Disney Magic out of Barcelona in 3 days (yay us) and I called since Europe might be a little more formal. What they told me was they prefer slacks for dinner but they won't turn anyone away wearing shorts. In other words, Disney wants people to enjoy their vacation and return. I'm bringing a sportcoat for formal night but I told my boys (23 and 21) just to bring slacks and a dress shirt. We'll be fine.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

You definitely don't need to dress up. We got back from port later than expeted and didn't have time to go up to our room before dinner so we went in shorts on formal night. No one said a word. I was embarrassed and apologized, but the waiter said I was on vacation and not to worry about it. They much prefer you to be on time for dinner. The tablecloths hide what youwearing too. I wouldn't recommend going in shorts, but I we don't bother packing heels and suits anymore.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: