Quantcast Magic Mornings as a Disneyland Hotel Guest?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Magic Mornings as a Disneyland Hotel Guest?

Howdy everyone,

I bought a vacation package from CAA that included a 5 day, 6 night stay at the Disneyland Hotel with a 5-Day Park Hopper pass for this August. I do believe that we get Magic Mornings with this. In the past, I've only had one Magic Morning per visit... but from what I understand, I'll be able to have access to Magic Mornings everyday of our stay? Is this correct?

I've heard talk that Disney has expanded their Magic Morning offerings to DCA as well, is this true? Do they alternate Magic Morning days at each park? If so, which days of the week are DLP and which days are DCA?

I've also heard people saying that if you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, you should use the Downtown Disney monorail station during Magic Mornings (at DLP) to get into the park faster... is this even true? I just cant wrap my head around how that would be any faster than the main gate of DLP.

To me, it just seems like the monorail could take longer and possibly have operational issues/the attendants of the turnstile don't go as fast and have a big line of hotel guests. That is, unless the monorail skips rope-drop... that is the only way I could see it being quicker. Anybody's thoughts and opinions on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Lastly, how do you suggest I best work the Magic Morning system at each park? How early should I arrive to be one of the very first guests to enter the parks?

Thanks for any help you can toss my way!
    We all have sparks, imaginations.
    That's how our minds, create creations.
    For they make, our wildest dreams come true.
    Those magic sparks, in me and you. șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Staying at the Disneyland Hotel qualifies you for Extra Magic Hour, which is for guests registered at any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels. This allows you entry in to the designated Park one hour before it is open to the general public.

EMH is available every day during your hotel stay, requiring a valid park ticket and active hotel room key card for early admission. Disneyland EMH days are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Disney California Adventure EMH days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

Only select attractions, stores, entertainment, and dining within the designated Park will be up and running during EMH. Days, times, and other elements of early admission are subject to change without notice.

Personally I would go in the front entrance on the Disneyland days rather than entering via the monorail. I don't believe the monorail begins running until after the rope drop. I wouldn't be surprised if some people arrive an hour before the gates open, but I've always shown up roughly 15 minutes prior and felt that was sufficient.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks tink! Do you know if the private Grand Californian Hotel entrance for DCA is open to all guests staying at any Disney Hotel on property? Or is it Grand Californian guests specifically?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Connoisseur View Post
    Thanks tink! Do you know if the private Grand Californian Hotel entrance for DCA is open to all guests staying at any Disney Hotel on property? Or is it Grand Californian guests specifically?
    It is open to all Disney hotel guest's. It may actually be faster using the main entrance. The line at the GCH gets really long, like into the lobby long. They only have one or two bag checks, and only two entrance turnstiles.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot, that's only during early entry, or when the park opens. The rest of the time it is faster to get into DCA via the GCH.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! Good to know!!