Quantcast Disney in Dec. 2013 Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Disney in Dec. 2013 Question

Hello! I am researching a trip to Disney in Dec, and have seen that people recommend the week after Thanksgiving. I'm looking at Nov. 29-Dec. 8th OR Dec. 6-15th.

I understand that the first couple of days (Nov. 29-Dec. 1) may be busy because there still might be Thanksgiving traffic but I figured we could spend those days going to Kennedy or Legoland or Gatorland.

Which week do you think would be best. I appreciate your time! This is our first trip in 5 years, so I want to make sure its as close to perfect as possible.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all welcome to Intercot.

We have a trip schedule Dec 12th to 16th, and this will be my second trip in December during the same time frame. I have found that the crowds were very manageable as you seem to catch it between the holidays.

I would think anytime between Dec 1st and the 20th would be good, but that is my guess.

Happy planning...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!

Weekday wise both weeks are pretty similar. Weekends are always busy and more so during special times like Christmas.

Nov 29-30th will definitely still be packed with people who are there for Thanksgiving. Dec 7th is the parade taping so that will be a busy day at Magic Kingdom.

December 8th through 14th is Pop Warner. It doesn't usually affect the parks much but if you are planning on staying in a value resort , there will be a lot of Pop Warner kids there.

We usually go with the mid December dates but it is really just because that works best with our schedule. I think either week will work great. Have fun planning!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, someone recently asked in the Theme Park board about the week following Thanksgiving, I'll paste in my reply. We love that week!

Here was my answer:

This is a great time to visit, right after Thanksgiving. Through our research over the years, most sites will rate this week as either the #1 week to travel to Disney or top 3.

We have a trip planned this year again. We usually arrive on Saturday after Thanksgiving, and use that day to get settled, hit the pool, go to Downtown Disney for dinner. Crowds that Saturday are still way up from the holiday. On Sunday crowds begin to thin some, and by Monday it is great. No park is really crowded that week, but we usually follow the method of going to a park after it had PM extra magic hours the night before for even smoother crowd levels.

We then head home the following Saturday (7th).

Christmas decorations are up in full force, and I believe its almost an overnight transition from Halloween to Christmas the first week of November.

One other note, last year we were at the MK when the Christmas parade was being taped (we did not realize that). As we arrived we panicked thinking we really messed up, but once you navigate past Main Street the rest of the park was empty. Many people were around the parade route, but we just avoided it and were fine. I think the taping is the 6th and 7th this year.

1979, 82, 85 & 88-Contemporary
    1990-Polynesian
    1995-All Star Sports
    2001-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    2003-Offsite
    2007-Buena Vista Palace
    2010-Old Key West Resort
    6/2012-Pop Century
    11/2012-Art of Animation
    11/2013-Art of Animation
    11/2015-Art of Animation
    11/2016-Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone in both time frames and not had a problem with crowds. I think the longest we waited for anything was 15 minutes. I would not hesitate to go at that time again