Quantcast MK crowds on EMH
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default MK crowds on EMH

    So tell me how crowded is MK during EMH in the summer? Do the crowds thin out after 10pm at all?
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yes. as soon as the fireworks start the ride lines start to thin out. we have gotten some of our most productive hours during emh.
    plus i love the "feel" of the parks late at night.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, actually the Magic Kingdoms EMH is the only one of the evening EMH's I am all that fond of, though Animal Kingdom was nice when they were doing that.

    Just one thing to keep in mind:
    If the park "closes" at 11pm (meaning EMH goes til 2am), anyone who got in line for the rides at 10:59 will be allowed to ride. So if there were one hour waits for everything, it will still be pretty bad shortly after park closing, but once those people got their ride they have to leave. Just don't go to Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or any of the other major rides right when it starts. You can hit those an hour or so after the park has closed to the general public. If you go on Splash Mountain, you should be able to do multiple laps on it if no one is waiting in line (this is just the luck of the draw, or more specifically, the timing of your boat arriving back in the station, as Splash is always a walk in during the last hour or so of EMH.) I have been successful in doing this this every single time I've done a MK EMH, even in the busy summer season.

    I can not say the same for Hollywood Studios. Sheish, during my 2005 trip the lines for their big rides during the EMH were worse than I had seen at anytime during normal park hours all week.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I need to apologize for some of the information I provided above, it may be inaccurate. I haven't been since 2011 so some stuff has changed. I just learned that Splash Mountain is not part of EMH anymore which I almost can't believe. Furthermore some people have said that EMH is only 2 hours now , but let people who have been more recently come in and post, though I had good intentions, information isn't good when it's outdated
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
    yes. as soon as the fireworks start the ride lines start to thin out. we have gotten some of our most productive hours during emh.
    plus i love the "feel" of the parks late at night.

    ^ditto 100%.

    i love MK at night, during EMHs. i highly suggest going on Big Thunder Mountain at night. exhilarating and a completely different sort of fun compared to riding it during daylight.

    ps - I did Splash Mountain this past May for night EMHs.
    Last edited by k10; 06-19-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: adding something
    Kristen

    last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

    '94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

    '14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    ^ditto 100%.

    i love MK at night, during EMHs. i highly suggest going on Big Thunder Mountain at night. exhilarating and a completely different sort of fun compared to riding it during daylight.

    ps - I did Splash Mountain this past May for night EMHs.
    Splash Mountain is no longer a part of MK EMH.
    They substituted opening the Tiki Room (!) in place of Splash during PM EMH.

    All PM EMH now run only two hours in length.
    That means the traditional "fall off" of guests during the last hour
    is much less pronounced.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    Yes, actually the Magic Kingdoms EMH is the only one of the evening EMH's I am all that fond of, though Animal Kingdom was nice when they were doing that.

    Just one thing to keep in mind:
    If the park "closes" at 11pm (meaning EMH goes til 2am), anyone who got in line for the rides at 10:59 will be allowed to ride. So if there were one hour waits for everything, it will still be pretty bad shortly after park closing, but once those people got their ride they have to leave. Just don't go to Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or any of the other major rides right when it starts. You can hit those an hour or so after the park has closed to the general public. If you go on Splash Mountain, you should be able to do multiple laps on it if no one is waiting in line (this is just the luck of the draw, or more specifically, the timing of your boat arriving back in the station, as Splash is always a walk in during the last hour or so of EMH.) I have been successful in doing this this every single time I've done a MK EMH, even in the busy summer season.

    I can not say the same for Hollywood Studios. Sheish, during my 2005 trip the lines for their big rides during the EMH were worse than I had seen at anytime during normal park hours all week.
    my experiences also
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

    DVC Member

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site