Quantcast Hotel for an overnight in Philly

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel for an overnight in Philly

Headed down to Philly for a rock show with two friends, need to find a fairly inexpensive hotel for one night not too far from downtown. Would prefer one that included parking, any ideas?
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

were is the show at?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, is the show in the city (Electric Factory, maybe?) or is the show at the sports complex? Two very different areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on where the event is at, you may be able to stay outside Philly. I live in South Jersey and frequently take the PATCO train into the city. There are hotels in Deptford, NJ that are easily accessible to the city if you choose to drive. But this all predicated on the location of the concert.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

The show is at the Mann Center which is near Fairmount Park area. Would prefer to stay in the city or on the outskirts only because we plan on spending a day touring around in the city before heading home.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Parking is a toughie. The Holiday Inn by the stadium has free parking, and was recently refurbished (meaning within the past 2-3 years I believe. I haven't stayed there since, though).
    The biggest negative to that is if the Phillies are in town the area can get really congested. There is a Holiday Inn express on Columbus Blvd (Penns Landing) that also has parking. Those are the only inexpensive options with free parking in the City that I can think of off the top of my head. Both are convenient to the highway.

A tip about the Mann Center... expect some bad traffic backups. I haven't been there in 2 years so it may have improved but the last few concerts I've gone to have just been awful in terms of parking. Don't get there at last minute! Enjoy your stay and let us know where you end up and how it goes.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to consider a hotel on City Avenue. For example, there is the Hilton at 4200 City Ave. This is the road that runs between Philadelphia and Montgomery County, is right off of the I-76 expressway, and about 5 minutes from the Mann. You would have to drive into the city, but you should get free parking at the hotel and it is in a safe area with restaurants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Parking is a toughie. The Holiday Inn by the stadium has free parking, and was recently refurbished (meaning within the past 2-3 years I believe. I haven't stayed there since, though).
    The biggest negative to that is if the Phillies are in town the area can get really congested. There is a Holiday Inn express on Columbus Blvd (Penns Landing) that also has parking. Those are the only inexpensive options with free parking in the City that I can think of off the top of my head. Both are convenient to the highway.

A tip about the Mann Center... expect some bad traffic backups. I haven't been there in 2 years so it may have improved but the last few concerts I've gone to have just been awful in terms of parking. Don't get there at last minute! Enjoy your stay and let us know where you end up and how it goes.
    Yeah, I know I'm asking for a lot on the parking, but one can hope, right? Thanks for the traffic tip, I plan on getting there early. There's a similar venue at home that gets REALLY backed up. It's a five band show, and since the opener is one of the ones I definitely don't want to miss, we'll be there before gates open for sure.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDog View Post
    You might want to consider a hotel on City Avenue. For example, there is the Hilton at 4200 City Ave. This is the road that runs between Philadelphia and Montgomery County, is right off of the I-76 expressway, and about 5 minutes from the Mann. You would have to drive into the city, but you should get free parking at the hotel and it is in a safe area with restaurants.
    I will check that out, thanks. I just want to avoid tacking $30-35 onto the hotel bill just to park. Don't mind so much paying to park for a few hours in town the next day.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007

Share This Thread On Social Media: