Quantcast Matching Shirts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Matching Shirts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Matching Shirts

This may be way too cheesy, but I just got matching shirts for all five days I'm at Disney with my mother and niece and nephew. We will sure look good in photos. Has anyone else done this? What was the response in the park?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You will probably see other families in the parks with matching shirts. It's fairly common. And some of them are unique - home made or custom printed with Disney characters and words like "Smith Family Disney Vacation 2013". The get a lot of looks and smiles. And the CMs are sure to comment.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

We do a set of matching shirts for each trip (although, for our upcoming trip, we may just "re-use" our ones from last year).

There are lot of other people who do this, so enjoy!

In fact, we got our idea for our current shirts from talking with another family who was wearing similar ones a few trips ago!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I got shirts with one each of all of the 7 dwarves (and snow white) for each of my family. I tried to match their personality with the dwarfs a bit. We didn't get much reaction in the park that I recall, but the family pic is one that I treasure. My mom is sadly no longer with us and I love love love the picture of her trying to look like "her" dwarf: sneezy. She was always such a good sport and willing to go along with silly stuff like matching t shirts.

Hope you have as much fun with it as we did!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We do this for our trips. We started it because two family members that go have trouble seeing and got lost. The shirts help a lot and look really nice in the pictures. We make our own mostly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried repeatedly, for years, to have just one day with matching shirts. I keep getting vetoed! Who knows? Maybe on next trip.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

There is a thread here http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=198966 that may help answer your questions.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I posted in the other thread as well. I forgot to mention we did this mainly to keep an eye out for the kids in case they got separated from us bc they were moving too fast. That's why we picked colors that were bright but colors not other people would be wearing.

Also, a little unknown secret , if your group wears matching colors you get to line jump the rest of your party even if only one runs way ahead and gets in line.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

You should get matching INTERCOT shirts!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post

Also, a little unknown secret , if your group wears matching colors you get to line jump the rest of your party even if only one runs way ahead and gets in line.
    Never heard of this! I don't think wearing matching shirts gives anyone permission to "line jump". LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Uhhhh...*no*.

As for matching shirts, man, every trip we made in the '70s and '80s (three or four times a year, we lived an hour and a half away), my grandma *always* made us matching shirts - me and my two brothers, and my three cousins. Mom, Dad, Grandma, and my aunt and my uncle never had to wear them...LOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

A long, long, time ago, my parents got matching shirts for the whole family - 7 members.

My older sister refused to wear her's because it was too embarrassing. The ironic part was that she was the one who stood out because she was different than the rest. Good stuff.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my feeling on this:

Personally, I think it's a little "silly."

But....

1.) "Silly" is usually a good thing.

2.) Who cares what I think.

Do it.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

This comment was in jest. Apparently I didn't find the right smilie to go with my thought. Also, a lot of you haven't gone in the summer when the large groups of Brazilian kids are roaming the parks. Because they wear matching shirts and they are in groups of 20 or more. 1 or 2 will race ahead and get in line, while the rest will lag behind. A few will enter the queue at each turn, until finally the last possible moment the rest will join.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of matching shirts, however we did all wear Incredible shirts one time to the Halloween party
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I have a teenager, I am realizing that the best possible time to wear all matching t shirts is when you have teenagers!!! They love stuff like that!! And then you will have great family pics to post on facebook.

2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We dont necessarily wear matching shirts but we coordinate. Either way I feel like Disney is the only place you can get away with it.
    Personally I try to keep up with my washing. So every 3 days I do 2 loads of clothes. Nothing worse than coming home from vacation with 8 plus days of laundry.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

We do matching Mickey shirts on arrival day only..I love wearing them in the airports,great conversation starters.Love bragging that I'm going to WDW and their not !!

Post Thanks / Like

We have never done exact matching shirts, but we have done the same themed shirts.

We were doing some last minute shopping for a trip and target had t-shirts with soda brand logos on them pretty cheap so I bought them. I wore Mr. Pibb, My son wore Fanta Orange, my daughter Fanta Grape, and DW Sprite. We got a few funny comments. Alot of CM's were refering to me as Mr. Pibb as I boarded rides etc. Especially funny getting on POC when they were calling me Mr, Pibb in a pirate voice, the kids got a real kick out of it.

I like the idea of matching shirts, especially in a group with small kids. It keeps everyone together and easy to spot wandering little ones.

Although if 1 person does something wrong and gets out of line (not litterally) your whole group looks guilty, like you are part of an unruley tour group.. lol jk

Just don't chant loudly as you move through the parks and you will be ok

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: