Quantcast New Refillable Mug Program - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had a "hell vacation". Disney was awesome about and helped in every possible way, especially since it wasn't their fault. I got refunds I wasn't expected, got extra things that they didn't have to do. Somehow a soda machine breaking down would not cause my trip to be ruined or for me to not want to go back. I will just be happy to be on vacation.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While I understand the use of humor in dealing with the complexity of this issue, I think it may be hard for newcomers or he casual visitor to our boards to understand what is meant tongue-in-cheek and what is not. If you're going to post something (even partially) in jest, please follow it up with factual, helpful information too.

However, I must add that, in this case, fiction doesn't seem too far from the truth.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    While I understand the use of humor in dealing with the complexity of this issue, I think it may be hard for newcomers or he casual visitor to our boards to understand what is meant tongue-in-cheek and what is not. If you're going to post something (even partially) in jest, please follow it up with factual, helpful information too.

However, I must add that, in this case, fiction doesn't seem too far from the truth.
    Heaven help the person who reads any truth in my post!

And as a sad, general truism in my life, I know very little factual, helpful information.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Heaven help the person who reads any truth in my post!

And as a sad, general truism in my life, I know very little factual, helpful information.
    Well, do the best you can.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess what it is going to come down to is simply doing the math. Is your stay long enough to justify the extra money. If you are staying 7 days it averages out to $2.57 per day. So basically if you use your mug twice a day it's worth the money. Seems like they are applying the same formula to the mugs as they do the park passes the longer you stay the greater the value you receive.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from SSR yesterday and they had the new mugs (pool design). But the fountain was still the same.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Well, this one is a sticky wicket.
    {snip post}
    Kudos... LOL... I read this and laughed... 1) because it was funny and 2) I sadly see them thinking an idea like this would be GOLD...

The more Disney makes decisions for WDW, the more the magic fades (not that there is much magic left to drain from WDW anymore)...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Kudos... LOL... I read this and laughed... 1) because it was funny and 2) I sadly see them thinking an idea like this would be GOLD...
    SAME. I have to admit Mendelson had me cracking up. Isn't it a shame that someone new to WDW might actually think that could have truth in it?

I have not weighed in on this topic yet, but there are two things that really stick in my craw about it:

1. The total disregard for the people who had the old mugs that were supposed to be guaranteed free refills for life. (Of which I am NOT one so it doesn't really affect me, I just see it as another step down in customer service and caring about returning guests).

2. The fact that, as others have mentioned, practically everywhere else you go that has a self-serve beverage fountain gives free refills.

The way I see it, there is no way they were losing a large sum over the refill situation. It's just another way to squeeze a nickel out of guests. I won't really be affected by it, as we don't usually drink soda. We will continue to make grocery stops and stock up on water and juice and likely forgo mugs. Maybe we'll buy ONE if they ever change the design. (I'm another one who likes to use them at home for my morning coffee)
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    SAME. I have to admit Mendelson had me cracking up. Isn't it a shame that someone new to WDW might actually think that could have truth in it?

I have not weighed in on this topic yet, but there are two things that really stick in my craw about it:

1. The total disregard for the people who had the old mugs that were supposed to be guaranteed free refills for life. (Of which I am NOT one so it doesn't really affect me, I just see it as another step down in customer service and caring about returning guests).

2. The fact that, as others have mentioned, practically everywhere else you go that has a self-serve beverage fountain gives free refills.

The way I see it, there is no way they were losing a large sum over the refill situation. It's just another way to squeeze a nickel out of guests. I won't really be affected by it, as we don't usually drink soda. We will continue to make grocery stops and stock up on water and juice and likely forgo mugs. Maybe we'll buy ONE if they ever change the design. (I'm another one who likes to use them at home for my morning coffee)
    See, this was exactly my point a few posts ago that everyone ignored!!! I think I will take my old mug back and demand a refund. Hey, they PROMISED. Also, soft drinks are the cheapest thing any food place serves. The paper cups cost more, literally. This is another "Magical Mugging." (pun intended)
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    umm folks parking isn't absorbed into the price, this is taken directly from the WDW Website

Resort Hotel Guests
    Parking is complimentary for Disney Resort hotel Guests with a valid Key to the World Card or Resort Parking Permit.

Annual and Premium Passholders, in addition to Disney Premier Passport holders, can park at no additional charge.

if it were absorbed they would have to break it out on an invoice to show you what exactly your paying for and every Resort Invoice that i get it never ever shows parking on it. i've also asked the cm's and more than once have they told me that parking is complimentary. anyway this is getting off the huge mug concerns
    Thanks for the clarification!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post

GMRO, the problems you experienced were of a magnitude higher, and I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm even sorrier that you were given a hard time when you tried to get it fixed. That is not good customer service and I hope you let Disney know that.
    We did once we got back home. They can't fix it if they don't know about it. We were thanked for our time and input...

BUT WE WERE NOT OFFERED A NIGHT IN THE CASTLE FOR OUR TROUBLE!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Never look for a freebie. Just try to make sense of it.

THANKS!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

We will be arriving at ASM in 11 days and I'm trying to decide if I will get a new mug or not. I don't drink sodas, so I have a couple of questions that will sway me. Do we know yet if it is a new mug design? I usually just use my mug for my morning coffee. Does All Stars have in room coffee pots? What non sodas are available with refillable mugs? I know coffee, but what else? Can I get milk or juice? Anything else, non carbonated?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy78 View Post
    There has been a huge problem over the years...have you not watched how frequently people use old mugs, one mug for a whole family and generic mugs? The abuses are endless... It is absolutely irritating to those of use who have spent tons of $$$ on these things over the years. And even more annoying is that NO ONE EVER CONFRONTS THEM!!!!!
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, if they were using one of the really old "forever" mugs, no one should have confronted them.....

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Its a money grab, folks. Nothing to see here, move along....

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

And honestly, I could count on one hand the number of times I've witnessed mug privilege "abuse." At the All Stars I once saw someone with an old CBR mug. Two or three times I've seen people with the more generic mugs from a few years earlier. That's just my experience though. To me this has always been one of those issues that some people get all riled up about, and I don't really care all that much. Same with pool hopping. I don't condone anyone breaking the rules, and I never would, but I have more important things to worry about.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

That's just it folks, finally call it what it is...abuse of a system. Blame Disney all you want to, but until people start playing by the rules, they are doing what they feel is necessary to combat the abuse of some pretty pathetic people. Disney could elect to give away the mugs to every guest and give the drinks away for free, but then people would start bringing empty milk jugs from home and filling them up to take back home...I'm all for saving money, but folks, quit being cheap. If you can afford to come to Disney every year or two-three times a year that some of you say you do, then you can afford to pay to refill your mug. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to scrape and save to come to WDW about every 3-4 years, but in that savings, I make sure that I can afford to eat, drink and be merry without complaining about something so simple as my drink.
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwaggie View Post
    That's just it folks, finally call it what it is...abuse of a system. Blame Disney all you want to, but until people start playing by the rules, they are doing what they feel is necessary to combat the abuse of some pretty pathetic people. Disney could elect to give away the mugs to every guest and give the drinks away for free, but then people would start bringing empty milk jugs from home and filling them up to take back home...I'm all for saving money, but folks, quit being cheap. If you can afford to come to Disney every year or two-three times a year that some of you say you do, then you can afford to pay to refill your mug. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to scrape and save to come to WDW about every 3-4 years, but in that savings, I make sure that I can afford to eat, drink and be merry without complaining about something so simple as my drink.
    I hear you, and Im in the same boat as you (as you can see by my trips listed). My only gripe is that in 1991 I was told that my drink mug would be good forever. Now, they have said that its not. If you want to change the rules, fine. But you cant break a standing agreement t do it. Now, the funny thing is that I have never actually taken the mug on any trips. But thats not the point. A deal is a deal.

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwaggie View Post
    If you are trying to say people using older Disney mugs from trips past were abusing the system, they weren't... The mugs were "good forever" meaning buy one, use again and again even on upcoming trips... I am sure there were people using non-Disney mugs, and yes, those people were abusing the system... But people who were using the mugs purchased at the food courts/resorts were not...

Let's really call this what it is... Management needing to artificially increase bottom line numbers/profits to justify their huge bonuses while the parks continue to remain stagnant and less than magical...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to think of this as a cyclical problem. Go into any hospitality house and try to buy a six pack of whatever drinks you like, a bag of chips, and maybe some dip. Better take out a 2nd mortgage. (And this is why using companies like Strollers & Groceries for your trip is a fantastic idea - but not everyone knows how to do that.)

If the price of a small bottle of coke at a resort didn't induce sticker shock, people would be less inclined to cheat the system.

But they do start to "cheat" because they themselves feel like they're being gouged by the "standard" WDW price.

So WDW institutes countermeasures to prevent the "cheating".

And people feel like they're being gouged further (whether they're right or wrong).

and so on and so on...
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: