Quantcast New Refillable Mug Program - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If allowing people to get their own drinks is so rife with abuse and causing financial losses, why not just eliminate it entirely? Go to selling bottled drinks and the only self-serve beverage can be water. Refusing to do that makes me believe they (1) aren't actually losing money and (2) are seeking to increase profits.

That's why I am not too convinced by the "rampant abuse" calls for compassion to Disney's predicament. Disney would surely eliminate the central beverage self-serve if it were a financial loser for them. They just want to realize some of the extra revenue they're currently missing due to abuse. Good for them. I don't have a problem with that, except for when it introduces problems for legitimate customers.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by March Hare View Post
    please explain where you got this information

out of this article
    ? I read the whole article and could NOT find that anywhere in it
    If you go to the OrlandoParksNews website, you can read the entire article, complete with FAQ's and details. I chose to only quote the main article as the entire thing is rather lengthy. Several outlets are now reporting this news. And the four 20 oz servings are confirmed in most articles. Not hard to find on line.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    If allowing people to get their own drinks is so rife with abuse and causing financial losses, why not just eliminate it entirely? Go to selling bottled drinks and the only self-serve beverage can be water. Refusing to do that makes me believe they (1) aren't actually losing money and (2) are seeking to increase profits.
    Like everything else, it's a moneygrab of course.

Personally I'd rather they did away with the entire fountain drink system and just sold bottles than deal with this Mug-DRM nonsense.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

If the 5 minute limitation is in place, now I really wonder what determines when that starts.

Will the system be smart enough to not start the timer until the cup is actually full? 5 minutes from when you started dispensing ANYTHING into it? Will you be allowed to combine two selections without waiting 5 minutes between? If this isn't implemented properly, this could be a nightmare for CMs and guests. I'm not going to tolerate a 5 minute wait to finish filling a mug because I pulled it away to look inside before I was finished filling it, or stopped due to some other distraction (kids talking to me, other guest asking a question, etc).

I hope the system is a lot smarter than it sounds, or CMs will be wishing they could turn it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Such a passionate debate regarding drink mugs, I would have never thought....

Is my family the only ones that don't use the mugs and buy drinks before we arrive at WDW? We bring a cooler for our room, there's nothing like an ice cold drink straight from a cooler after a day at the park.

We haven't been to WDW since they've added the mug to the regular dining plan, even as a part of the plan I can't see us using them.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    We haven't been to WDW since they've added the mug to the regular dining plan, even as a part of the plan I can't see us using them.
    We often have drinks in the room too, but it gives us a way to have drinks when eating in the food courts or when out for a walk on the resort. Usually, the healthy choices are in the room and the mugs are used to splurge on sodas and such that we wouldn't normally have.

I often would fill it a couple of times on a morning stroll and then again at night. Usually I would fill it and empty it, then refill again without lurking around the drink station for more than a few minutes. Given that I only use it a few times a day, on average, an intelligent system would never flag me as an abuser. Apparently no thought is employed though, since everyone is presumed to be an abuser if they are trying to refill in less than 5 minutes (from what I have read so far). That, combined with consumption limits on non-mugs, gives me a bad impression of this.

My whole family will have mugs, since we're on the dining plan, so I don't know what "abuse" they would be preventing by limiting our access. That's another thing an intelligent system should be able to override. If my entire party has mugs, who am I supposedly filling my mug for?

Post Thanks / Like

Such a passionate debate regarding drink mugs, I would have never thought....

Is my family the only ones that don't use the mugs and buy drinks before we arrive at WDW? We bring a cooler for our room, there's nothing like an ice cold drink straight from a cooler after a day at the park.

This is why a WDW fan can never and is never taken serious by management... A WDW fan will cry and huff and puff about a mug or a cinnamon roll, but will constantly defend management and Disney on issues that really matter... like stale parks, broken attractions, cutting everything while jacking up prices...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changes

At some point, individual vacationers need to make a decision on whether or not the "cost" is worth the aggravation. We are returning to Florida in November and decided that we will be spending our time in Sea World and other attractions. If we do go to Disney likely it will be one day at Epcot. Too many of these minor changes have become aggravating and quite frankly the diminishing level of customer service has made me rethink my allegiance. Maybe I have just grown tired of it it I need a change and will be staying offsite as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    If the 5 minute limitation is in place, now I really wonder what determines when that starts.

Will the system be smart enough to not start the timer until the cup is actually full? 5 minutes from when you started dispensing ANYTHING into it? Will you be allowed to combine two selections without waiting 5 minutes between? If this isn't implemented properly, this could be a nightmare for CMs and guests. I'm not going to tolerate a 5 minute wait to finish filling a mug because I pulled it away to look inside before I was finished filling it, or stopped due to some other distraction (kids talking to me, other guest asking a question, etc).

I hope the system is a lot smarter than it sounds, or CMs will be wishing they could turn it off.
    You know what’s going to happen. CM are going to have a card they carry and when someone complains about the machine not working right they will waive their card and you will be able to finish filling up your cup. There is no way they will be able to make people wait. Just like at the entrance to the parks when your AP card doesn’t read right. They try once or twice and let you pass right through. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother with this stuff.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    This is why a WDW fan can never and is never taken serious by management... A WDW fan will cry and huff and puff about a mug or a cinnamon roll, but will constantly defend management and Disney on issues that really matter... like stale parks, broken attractions, cutting everything while jacking up prices...
    I usually agree with you on those topics, but this one, it just doesn't bother me what Disney is doing.

I've got a co-worker whom I've been great friends with since college, so about 15 years or so. He's the type that jumps in the car on a friday and drives 500 miles to go to Disney for the hell of it. He's also the type that abuses every system out there, including this one. I can't tell you how many times I've heard I'm say.."Oh i just used the mug we got a couple of years ago, everyone does it, who cares".

I don't like disney cutting back on things, but I totally get it when people continually takes advantage, ok I won't even call it that, steal a product that Disney does sell, and then Disney does something to try to prevent it.

Burger King, McDonalds, or any other place in the world would do the same exact thing if they had a system that Disney has, I just don't have a problem with this one.

But I do wonder if I'm going to have reserve my coke 180 days in advance though.......
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

So wife and I get the QSDP only since most of the food is not really good. Most has gone downhill at the parks in our opinions. Hard to find a descent place to really get a good meal. We have our favorite QS places…but past that this is where Disney lacks over the past few years - good food in general.

We get the "former" refill mugs with the plan. Usually never get more than 1 or 2 fill ups for our stay. We are usually on property for 10 days. Not soda drinkers...so for me it’s been a waste of money for a mug. We have suitcases full of them. NO we leave them at home each year!

So will my cost of QSDP go down since I don't want the RFID mug? I'll take the discount.

This year we took our Keurig, travel one, and used it each day. None of that ****-caffee they pass off for us - no longer. What a difference that made in overall enjoyment to have a nice cup in the AM and at night of our favorite brew. Yea, we drive too…so we pack what we want to take. Add a nice trip to the local Wal-Mart for our favorite adult beverages and we are all set. Grab a wrap of bottled water and the mugs just don’t get any love at the food courts or else…

BUT we usually use the mugs for our adult beverages...on the beach at CBR in the evenings. At this point I'll bring an old one for the beach from home as well.

For us this is no big deal. Looks like I'll be saving money vs. the 2 X $15 per mug we've paid for the past few years.

Course between the launch of this and our next trip, May2014, it will prolly change 1 to 6 times... Either way, it won't make me drink any more soda or pop or else from the mugs.
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    So will my cost of QSDP go down since I don't want the RFID mug? I'll take the discount.
    As is The Disney Way, the QSDP price actually went up at the same time the news about the removal of the mugs from QSDP was leaked.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like disney cutting back on things, but I totally get it when people continually takes advantage, ok I won't even call it that, steal a product that Disney does sell, and then Disney does something to try to prevent it.
    I get the desire to stop abusers. How that coincides with removing the mugs from QSDP must be above my pay grade, though.

Post Thanks / Like

please i dont have to like , and disagree on what disney is doing to there loyal fans who keep comin back and staying at their resorts to get the little extra magical things that make us wanna stay on property, whats next no more free parking for guest who drive? or is the disney cruiseline going to implore the same ethics on the ships,with the refil stations there? it's all about the money. they can say whatever they want to justify this but its wrong(IMHO), they keep raising ticket prices and complain of losing money????? huh every single time me an dw visit wdw and it's quite often being dvc members the parks are mobbed anyway now im ranting so long

oh ps we'll be doing a wdw trip and bahama's cruise in sept lol

again don't take this post the wrong way as me and dw love wdw and don't vaca anywhere else, but its little things like this that bother me
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I get it too... I'm not against this honestly... Just like I am not against the enforcement of the FP return times... The policy for FP was you had to return in your time, and Disney decided not to enforce the policy... Now they do..

Same goes for this... It was an unwritten (as far as I know) policy to allow people to return with mugs from former vacations and refill them without buying new mugs... It is a monster Disney created... They SHOULD have been stopping people who come in with cups/mugs other than the Disney mugs... Now they punish everyone who was only following procedures Disney themselves allowed guests to follow... It comes off as punishing loyal fans and repeat visitors...

And yes, an MBA had to come up with this new procedure... Anything that takes money from guests pockets and adds it to the bottom line, without actually making the guest experience better...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The only negative i see from this, okay 2, is the price hike and the removal from the QSDP.

Other than that, I'm fine.

Of course, if all the negative things that are being prophesied happen, then I might take issue with it. However, I was never good at predicting the future, so at this point I envision it as passive enforcement of rules.

I go to the fountain. I fill my cup. I drain my cup.

The rumored kink? I'm still thirsty after I drain my drink, and instead of standing in front of the fountain while a line of people wait, I will have to step away for a couple of minutes before I can refill.

Big. Flipping. Deal.

The big picture, yeh I get it. Rising prices, diminishing product.

If you feel that way.

Don't go.

There's another park down the road that is moving in the opposite direction because they want you there.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone there right now using a new mug?

I leave for WDW in a few days, staying at a Deluxe. Will they issue me the old mug for this trip?

If it's starting at the Value resorts, I'm assuming they won't be at the Deluxes this week? I'm confused as to why they wouldn't replace all of them at the same time.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

As long as the refill time limit is 3 minutes or less, I'm cool with it. The 5 minutes from the testing is a bit too long for how I usually use my mugs. I take morning walks, and usually immediately drink the contents of the mug right after filling it. Then I usually fill it again and head back to the room. If we get back in time in the evenings, I usually do the same thing then. I *might* spend 5 minutes in there combined, so having to spend 10 to accomplish the same thing will be an irritant. I might just bring two mugs and rotate through it, since the whole family will be on DDP and we'll all have mugs. That will make people wait longer actually, because I'll do them both at the same time.

After looking at this throughout the day, I see this as another example of the decline in customer service. How so? Well, one of the tenets of great customer service is that you never make things easier for yourself at the expense of your customer. Everything about this, as well as other recent "innovations", is about making it easier for Disney while making it more cumbersome, complex, and confusing for the guest. I'd say the evidence is irrefutable on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    whats next no more free parking for guest who drive? or is the disney cruiseline going to implore the same ethics on the ships,with the refil stations there? it's all about the money...again don't take this post the wrong way as me and dw love wdw and don't vaca anywhere else, but its little things like this that bother me
    Wife and I share your thoughts for sure!!!

Losing the free parking...now that would upset me!

Course I was joking bout the QSDP discount. Disney give a discount??? YEAH RIGHT! BAHHAHAHAHAH
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It doesn't really bother me. If I won't get the value out of it, I won't buy one or my DH and I may get one between the two of us and share.

Either way, I hope that they make sure all the beverage dispensers are WORKING and FULL for the ENTIRE day!! I don't mind paying the price, but I better be able to get a decent hot chocolate when I get back to the resort after the fireworks.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: