Quantcast New Refillable Mug Program - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Yeah, but its still just soda...sometimes things aren't a bigger deal.
    As I was saying, it isn't just about soda. This is just another thing the customer gets to deal with in order to make things easier for Disney. Which is fine, except when they pretend to hold true to superior customer service ideals. Maybe they just offer seminars on those to other companies now, rather than actually operating by them itself.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    As I was saying, it isn't just about soda. This is just another thing the customer gets to deal with in order to make things easier for Disney. Which is fine, except when they pretend to hold true to superior customer service ideals. Maybe they just offer seminars on those to other companies now, rather than actually operating by them itself.
    I understand, I just have a different opinion of what is something to deal with. If I didn't read about it here...I probably would never even notice it there.
    Again, we don't use the mugs much anyways.....

Post Thanks / Like

These mugs come with the DP so I don't see a problem and if you're not doing the DP you'll be paying for your food so obviously you should expect to pay for drinks. It is what it is because people abused the system.
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

We always stop at Target and get cases of water anyway. This just makes me realize what a good decision that is. We don't spend a ton of time in the resort and I hate carrying that mug around.

Last time we went to Disney it was during free dining and we got the mugs as part of the package. We filled them up once during the seven days we were there. Maybe it would be different if we were big soda drinkers but we can go months without even buying the stuff.

I do however think they should honor the mugs they told us were good forever. This isn't cheating the system. It's expecting someone to stay true to their word.

of

I think the biggest problem here is that WDW is spending tons of money on silly stuff instead of improving quality. But most of the people on these boards are proof that Disney can basically do whatever they want and people will continue to work second jobs or rack up huge credit card debt to make their trips possible. For me, it's not worth it.

We stared going less frequently as a family when the tickets stopped being non-expiring and you had to pay extra for park hopping. That was ages ago and it seems like every year there is something that decreases the value of a WDW trip.

Now we go every three years and that's enough for us. We take the kids other places for vacation. I still love WDW but would never make it a frequent vacation spot anymore.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    And honestly, I could count on one hand the number of times I've witnessed mug privilege "abuse." At the All Stars I once saw someone with an old CBR mug. Two or three times I've seen people with the more generic mugs from a few years earlier. That's just my experience though. To me this has always been one of those issues that some people get all riled up about, and I don't really care all that much. Same with pool hopping. I don't condone anyone breaking the rules, and I never would, but I have more important things to worry about.
    Agreed. I'm sure not going to babysit anyone or report them, or even say anything to them.
    Putting on my flame proof clothing, but I honestly don't care. I'm there spending time with my family and having fun.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure not going to babysit anyone or report them, or even say anything to them.
    Putting on my flame proof clothing, but I honestly don't care. I'm there spending time with my family and having fun.
    Yep...The whole soda abuse happens every second..i see folks using water cups from the room...water cups from the food court....etc.
    I really dont give a hoot. I just do my thing and have a great time. I'll be honest...I think we all have gotten a bit of soda here and there that went into a cup that it wasnt supposed to...
    But, All in all...we used to do the mug thing..we just don't need it anymore. Most of the time we eat and drink in the parks. But, if we do use the food court...i buy o.j. or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Yep...The whole soda abuse happens every second..i see folks using water cups from the room...water cups from the food court....etc.
    I really dont give a hoot. I just do my thing and have a great time. I'll be honest...I think we all have gotten a bit of soda here and there that went into a cup that it wasnt supposed to...
    But, All in all...we used to do the mug thing..we just don't need it anymore. Most of the time we eat and drink in the parks. But, if we do use the food court...i buy o.j. or something.
    Agree.
    Not that it makes it right of course. I think sometimes we can get to the point of splitting hairs, KWIM? I can't imagine that everyone is so perfect that even down to taking a pen from work, no one ever does anything that 'abuses' X,Y, or Z. Again, not that it's right.

Like I said, I'm just there to have a good time. And I tend to try not to judge others, because I have no idea of their situation.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

This will still work out great for us as we usually stay 10 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got off the phone with a person at Disney... he said there are no provisions yet for guest transferring their resorts mid stay.
    I called because I am staying at Saratoga one night then moving to OKW the next day.
    He also asked how I found out about it because they weren't supposed to talk about it yet...
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

Unless you are wanting to use the 'paper' cups to fill something - bottles, thermoses, etc, - I don't see 4 - 20oz refills in a one hour period (from first fill) as being an issue either. Is anyone seriously going to down 80 ounces of fountain drink in 60 minutes (give or take 20 minutes LOL)?

This seems to have elicited a lot of over-reaction simply because they are 'setting limits' rather than having any logical arguments against the policy.

If I may give my take on the effects of the policy:

1) Disallow visitors from reusing old (older/prior visit) refillable mugs
    2) Disallow visitor from bringing their own (non-Disney resort) refillable mugs/bottles/thermoses to refill at drink stations
    3) Disallow visitors from getting one 'paper' cup at a resort Quick Service and using it for their entire stay on property - This addresses using said cup being used to fill/refill mugs/bottles/thermoses (to a point - they could, theoretically, still use their 4 - 20oz refills in that hour to fill/refill mugs/bottles/thermoses, if they so desired.)
    4) Allow visitors unlimited refills of the Disney resort purchased refillable mug(s) at ANY Disney resort drink station for the length of purchase "contract"
    5) Allow for shorter stay visitors to pay less for the refillable mug, thus making it (possibly) more cost effective
    6) In the (near?) future, allow the visitor to refill their Disney resort purchased refillable mugs at Disney Water Parks

Other than the increase in price for the 4+ day visitor, I am at a loss to understand all the hate for this policy. "We" (yes, that's the 'royal we') like to complain about people taking advantage of things - like the self-serve beverage stations - but cry the blues when Disney does something, or at least tries to do something, about it.
    Well said...

Post Thanks / Like

Stations are now going live today. They aren't all live yet, but will be by the end of the month.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rapid Fill mugs at BC

The Rapid Fill mugs went live on 8/26 at BC, three days into our stay. fwiw, our reservation was through 8/30 but the Rapid Fill display showed the mugs as being good through 9/9. Also, there was no delay between refills at all.

Before going live, we saw plenty of people filling old mugs. The day it went live, we saw some disgruntled people asking at the register why they couldn't use their old mugs. It seems to me that at least some people really didn't know they couldn't keep bringing the old ones back; otherwise, why would they ask a CM?

I'm not happy about the higher price and I'm not happy about the fact that even with the new technology, Disney hasn't announced any plans to let guests bring back their Rapid Fill mugs on subsequent trips and have them reactivated. (We have way too many old refillables hanging around the house!) But I can readily see why Disney felt the need to move to RFID-coded refillables.

Post Thanks / Like

Most importantly...not answered after reading this entire thread...new design or no?
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuteduck223 View Post
    Most importantly...not answered after reading this entire thread...new design or no?
    Same design, different colors. Orange, lime green, and purple.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Which resorts are now participating? We are going to WL in October and would at least like a new color choice. Have many of the old ones.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Well, that ruins my plan to get a complete set of 12 black and 12 pink.
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildernesslady View Post
    Which resorts are now participating? We are going to WL in October and would at least like a new color choice. Have many of the old ones.
    I think they're all pretty close to being live. We stayed at BLT last week and they still had the old ones but the CM said they were getting ready to switch.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default How about Contemporary ?

I am going to the Contemporary for work on Sunday, we were just at the BC 2 weeks ago- i guess my mugs won't work...
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mackflava99 View Post
    I am going to the Contemporary for work on Sunday, we were just at the BC 2 weeks ago- i guess my mugs won't work...
    Nor should they.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    The Rapid Fill mugs went live on 8/26 at BC, three days into our stay. fwiw, our reservation was through 8/30 but the Rapid Fill display showed the mugs as being good through 9/9. Also, there was no delay between refills at all.

Before going live, we saw plenty of people filling old mugs. The day it went live, we saw some disgruntled people asking at the register why they couldn't use their old mugs. It seems to me that at least some people really didn't know they couldn't keep bringing the old ones back; otherwise, why would they ask a CM?

I'm not happy about the higher price and I'm not happy about the fact that even with the new technology, Disney hasn't announced any plans to let guests bring back their Rapid Fill mugs on subsequent trips and have them reactivated. (We have way too many old refillables hanging around the house!) But I can readily see why Disney felt the need to move to RFID-coded refillables.
    Glad to hear that there is no delay with getting your refills. Not that I am drinking a ton of pop but it seemed there was a lot of people worried about this. Also I do hope they give you a option to bring back the mugs in the future but I won't hold my breath on that one.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: