Quantcast August FP+ Testing includes bonus FP

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default August FP+ Testing includes bonus FP

FastPass+ testing continues throughout the month of August, with a bonus FP included for MK attractions. Guests invited to participate will receive a fourth FastPass+ selection at Magic Kingdom Park after they make their three allotted FastPass+ selections. The bonus FP selection will appear at the bottom of the guest's FP selection page.The bonus FastPass+ selection is only available for Magic Kingdom Park and for Guests participating in the test taking place Aug. 2-31.

As with the other FP selections the bonus FP can be modified using My Disney Experience or at one of the FastPass+ kiosks located in the park.

This offer is only being tested for Magic Kingdom Park at this time. Guests participating in the test at the other parks are still limited to three FastPasses per day.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    FastPass+ testing continues throughout the month of August, with a bonus FP included for MK attractions. Guests invited to participate will receive a fourth FastPass+ selection at Magic Kingdom Park after they make their three allotted FastPass+ selections. The bonus FP selection will appear at the bottom of the guest's FP selection page.The bonus FastPass+ selection is only available for Magic Kingdom Park and for Guests participating in the test taking place Aug. 2-31.

As with the other FP selections the bonus FP can be modified using My Disney Experience or at one of the FastPass+ kiosks located in the park.

This offer is only being tested for Magic Kingdom Park at this time. Guests participating in the test at the other parks are still limited to three FastPasses per day.
    I was there for this and it made the MK unbearable! The park was so crowded and the lines very very long. There was a wait time for Tikki Birds?! Come on are you kidding me! I left most days very frustrated that once again some rides were untouchable without a band. 120 minutes was the norm for most rides.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    I was there for this and it made the MK unbearable! The park was so crowded and the lines very very long. There was a wait time for Tikki Birds?! Come on are you kidding me! I left most days very frustrated that once again some rides were untouchable without a band. 120 minutes was the norm for most rides.
    ...seems to be a case of, "When everyone is special ...no one is special".

....could be ...that a good number of persons who may not otherwise do FastPass ....got them with the FP+ trial ...and therein lies the crowd issue
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

If that is due to FP+, it would be hard to see it as anything better than a dismal failure. A complete flop.

I had been waiting for some indication of the actual consequences of this on wait times for non-E ticket attractions. All we had been reading/hearing about is the experience for the FP+ testers, not for the innocent bystanders who will get caught by the friendly fire. I still believe FP+ will be great for those who only want to do 3 to 5 things at each park (as long as you are not attached to specific attractions), but bad for everyone else by "fixing" that which wasn't broken (wait times for currently non-FP attractions). Worse will be what happens once everyone is taking the slots 60 days out, and then FP+ users will be booking previously walk-on attractions because there won't be anything else left. They will be determined to use their 3 slots on anything that is available, ensuring a complete disaster.

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep...Sounds like my fun money is going to Universal next year.
    this system seems completely designed to push out AP's (local) and other day trippers.
    Personally-I wish every AP would not renew next season and stick it to 'em. I don't care how many people "vacation" in the world- without a good AP holder base-it will hurt them in the only place they seem to care about-the pocket book...
    Sad to hear there was a wait line for the Tiki Room-it's my favorite attraction..

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out WDWDriver's take on the long lines here:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...52#post2369952

Looks like, at least so far, the long lines likely have nothing to do with FP+.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    Yep...Sounds like my fun money is going to Universal next year.
    this system seems completely designed to push out AP's (local) and other day trippers.
    Personally-I wish every AP would not renew next season and stick it to 'em. I don't care how many people "vacation" in the world- without a good AP holder base-it will hurt them in the only place they seem to care about-the pocket book...
    Sad to hear there was a wait line for the Tiki Room-it's my favorite attraction..
    I have been wondering what the impact will be on the AP! Perhaps the magnets that came with the mickey monitor is suppose to soothe us while we are pushed into the background.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Check out WDWDriver's take on the long lines here:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...52#post2369952

Looks like, at least so far, the long lines likely have nothing to do with FP+.
    While I am hopeful that is the case, perhaps we should be more concerned that huge wait times are becoming the new normal anyway. I'm left wondering if every ride was running at maximum occupancy during those massive wait times, or if Disney was holding back for some reason. I'm not suggesting any ulterior motive, beyond saving money since it costs money to operate more trains/cars/boats than it does to make people stand in long lines (although there is an opportunity cost to keeping them in lines instead of moving about).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    If that is due to FP+, it would be hard to see it as anything better than a dismal failure. A complete flop.

I had been waiting for some indication of the actual consequences of this on wait times for non-E ticket attractions. All we had been reading/hearing about is the experience for the FP+ testers, not for the innocent bystanders who will get caught by the friendly fire. I still believe FP+ will be great for those who only want to do 3 to 5 things at each park (as long as you are not attached to specific attractions), but bad for everyone else by "fixing" that which wasn't broken (wait times for currently non-FP attractions). Worse will be what happens once everyone is taking the slots 60 days out, and then FP+ users will be booking previously walk-on attractions because there won't be anything else left. They will be determined to use their 3 slots on anything that is available, ensuring a complete disaster.
    After seeing it first hand last week I must agree. I felt like no matter what I did I was going to miss out out on certain things because there wasn't enough time in the day to wait in all the 2 hour long lines. Not to mention things would happen that were out of my control like a thunder and lightening storm or the ride would break down.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone want to venture a guess as to how many people who are being offered to test this are actually participating??? Hint: Not as many as you may think... and anyone want to venture a guess as to the how many of those test subjects have reported back anything positive?? No, Disney fan community does not count... They will never say anything bad about any horrible Disney product....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Anyone want to venture a guess as to how many people who are being offered to test this are actually participating??? Hint: Not as many as you may think... and anyone want to venture a guess as to the how many of those test subjects have reported back anything positive?? No, Disney fan community does not count... They will never say anything bad about any horrible Disney product....
    Ed, one of our moderators, and his wife have been part of 2 test runs. Here is a link with his impressions of the two experiences. Not surprisingly, the second experience was better than the first, which is common for any software or application trial.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Anyone want to venture a guess as to how many people who are being offered to test this are actually participating???
    I've been trying to get to be a test subject but all the begging hasn't helped me. We are staying at BLT which has the official name "BLT at the CR" but in this case, it's not. I've tried regular res, the AP desk, DVC, and tech support but no go. I really just wanted to use it as a comparison tool and give them feedback.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: