Quantcast Carribean Beach Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carribean Beach Resort

Need advice: We are staying at the Carribean Beach resort in Nov. I see several comments about it being so big and having to take shuttle to front of it to get to busses for the day? has anyone stayed in the Pirate themed rooms and are they close to the food court/pool or close to the lobby area?
    Minnielove

' 75-offsite
    '87- offsite
    ' 07-Wilderness Lodge
    ' 09-Animal Kingdom
    '11-Port Orleans

Post Thanks / Like

The pirate themed rooms are actually the furthest away from everything. But, it's all manageable. Not too big of a deal and it is a beautiful resort. My family enjoys it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnielove View Post
    Need advice: We are staying at the Carribean Beach resort in Nov. I see several comments about it being so big and having to take shuttle to front of it to get to busses for the day? has anyone stayed in the Pirate themed rooms and are they close to the food court/pool or close to the lobby area?
    It is pretty big and spread out, but you don't need to take a shuttle to get to the busses. There is at least one bus stop in every "village", it's just that the bus will makes the rounds within the resort before heading out. All park buses stop at all bus stops. You don't need to take the internal shuttle at all if you don't want to, but depending on where your room is, there could be a fair amount of walking involved, so you want to look over the resort map if that is a concern and request, an area accordingly.

It is a beautiful resort though. I just felt the need to utilize my rental car more when I stayed there.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

The pirate rooms are about a 10-15 minute walk from the main pool/food court if you dont want to wait for the bus. We just took the back way by the water and never had a problem walking, but if you have little ones would just wait for the bus. They are never a long wait since all it does is just drive around the resort.

Post Thanks / Like

It is a large resort laid out in 6 "villages" surrounding a lake. The check-in building, Custom House, is off by itself at the entrance of the resort - you must then cross 2 internal resort roadways to get to the resort buildings. Each village is made up of several buildings. They are color-coded to be all the same color in each village. Each village has a bus stop and a quiet pool. The building that houses the food court, restaurant, shops, and main pool is Old Port Royale. It's located near the center of the lake and has it's own bus stop as well. There's an island in the middle of the lake with bridges on either side so that the villages across from Old Port Royale have fairly easy access. The playground is also located on the island. The Pirate-themed rooms are in Trinidad South which is across a roadway from the other villages and is a 5-15 min walk to Old Port Royale depending on your room location and how fast you walk. The Pirate-themed rooms are awesome and worth the bit of extra distance if you enjoy the theming. Bell Services has vans and carts to help you move your luggage if you need such assistance. We walked ours from Jamaica to Custom House and it was a long, hot, tiring trip!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed in both Jamaica and Martinque sections. We loved Jamaica because it was a very nice walk over the bridge to get to the food court and the main pool.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned, the pirate rooms are the furthest from the pool and food court - BUT that's why there are shuttles. If you don't want to hike, take the shuttle (I would - it is all I can do to manage all the walking at the parks without adding on extra at the resort). But as for busses to the parks, they stop in every village so no longer wait at all, nor any need to take an internal shuttle to get to them. I booked a preferred location right by the main building because I was worried about that too, but now that I understand the shuttles it wouldn't have been THAT big a deal. one weirdness, though, since I'm used to POR is that the check in "the Custom house" is in a separate building - NOT where the food court, souvenir store etc. are. I would NOT walk from there to anywhere - it was pretty isolated! And just as a further nuisance - you can't take luggage on the shuttle bus, so if you arrive with any carry on (which we had, even though our main bags went by Magical Express) you HAVE to use bell services (and tip, of course. At por we've never needed bell services).

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at CB a few times, once when the 2 DS' were "stroller" age but never had a problem getting from point A to B to C etc. Unless someone in your party has a situation that makes it hard getting around or you have a small army of little ones in tow, you'll be fine. Look over the maps, figure out the bussing schedules - a little advanced planning will make everything go smooth. Oh, and we really liked the resort too!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed here last fall with my parents, sister and a friend. I loved it. Loved the pool and the walk from Jamaica to the food court in the morning.

Planning a trip for next fall. We should stay at a value but all I can think about is this hotel and bringing my kids here.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: