Quantcast Online Check-In: Yes or No?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online Check-In: Yes or No?

Well I've hit the 45 day mark and my package is paid in full.

Now to do the online check-in, or wait to do it in person? Any thoughts? I've never done it before (I don't think it was available my last trip, or if it was, I had no idea about it cause my sister organized everything). I should be arriving via ME around 2:40-3pm (flight lands at MCO at 1:40pm).

Wendy from MJ added my room requests to my package, so if I do online check-in, will I be okay? Or best to wait? My requests are "nice to haves," but certainly not mandatory for me to enjoy my vacation. Going solo so I'm not picky (my requests were fridge, full balcony, and a quiet room).

Thanks!
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really just a matter of what works best for you. If you've never done it, maybe try it. The convenience is that you have your credit card on record in advance, so you just pick up your packet and everything is done. The downside is that sometimes the line for online check in is actually longer than the regular line (and sometimes the reverse).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have done the online check in the last 2 or 3 trips and found that we had little or no wait getting our room. They have their own station just for online check in.

I think it is worth while, but that is just me. I am sure that we will be doing it when we go down in December.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

When you do online check in, I noticed it wants your credit card info. I didn't see a place to check off that you didn't want charging privilages though... Anyone know anything about that?

I'm in the same boat as the OP, not sure if I should do online check in or not. The credit card thing scares me as I don't want things charged back to the room.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    When you do online check in, I noticed it wants your credit card info. I didn't see a place to check off that you didn't want charging privilages though... Anyone know anything about that?

I'm in the same boat as the OP, not sure if I should do online check in or not. The credit card thing scares me as I don't want things charged back to the room.
    Even if you don't want to charge things to your room, don't they need a card number at check-in? I haven't been to a hotel or resort that doesn't request a card number for incidentals or just in case, though I know Disney does things differently sometimes. You always have the option not to charge things to your room, even if you provide a number.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Online Check-In

If you have specific, needed request, then wait. By the looks of your room request, you'll probably be fine on-line. You'll breeze past the line and simply pick up your packet! Enjoy your trip!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use online check-in, but I want to verify we get the type of Handicap accessible room we booked, since there are different options depending on which WDW resort you have booked.

When we stayed at Yacht Club for the night on July 4th, there was a CM with a tablet who would do part of the check in process prior to you reaching the desk. The CM at the registration desk just had to have me sign the charging privileges slip (I confirmed the credit card with the first CM) and handed us our keys. Check in was a breeze !
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I used the online check-in for the first time in June and I was pleasantly surprised how smoothly it went and I got my 2 requests that I asked for when I checked in online. It was also nice to have someone meet you at the bus and have all your information ready to speed along the process
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

We've used online check-in the past few trips, but never had a request. This year we have a request so we'll see how that goes. I prefer using it and we get in and out quickly. Last year the line was long and the regular check-in was empty. I went through the regular line and they had no problem taking me and I was done before the people at the counter.

Side note: If you have a million questions 1) do your research 2) go through the other line!! Online check-in is for people who know the deal. Nothing worse than being stuck behind some schmuck who has no idea what he is doing!!

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all! I went ahead and did it online. A note for those considering: where you can put in requests, it just shows you a few options that you can check up to two of. You can't write in anything specific. The options I got were things like upper flower, lower floor, close to transportation.

When I arrive I'll ask whomever is checking me in about the fridge situation. That's the only thing I really care about (but then, if there's none available, I won't let it ruin my vacation).

(anyone else think it's crazy that you can check-in to a resort 60 days before you arrive?!?)
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

There was an article about fridges. They have a manufactures defect and are going to be difficult to get. There were a few hotels that are the exception. I cannot remember which ones they were but a little research should give you the answer.

Family Trips (I was very young):
    80's - 90's Grand Floridian; Polynesian

May 2001 - All Star Sports
    2009; 2010; 2012; 2013 - All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I just did it for the first time and I will say I will always do it in the future you will love how quick it is when you walk in...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did online check in in May, and it was great. We got everything we wanted (ground floor, closest as possible within our area to the main building, and pool/landscape view). And I also checked "have room ready on arrival", which could be designated to be the #1 priority. We landed at MCO before 9am so I knew this might not be possible. But I got everything AND early check in. We landed at MCO at 8:45am, and we were inside the Magic Kingdom before noon. (Baggage pickup, rental car pickup, driving to resort, checking in, stopping in our room and driving to the TTC and a monorail ride!) Pretty good, I think.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I've done online check in a few times and its a breeze. My last trip it did not turn out as I'd hoped since the person in front of me had SOOO many questions! They kept the single CM tied up for about 45 minutes. Another CM finally noticed that I'd been waiting a super long time and did what they could to help me.

That can happen in any line so it won't stop me from going with online check in again.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: