Quantcast Bad news at Six Flags

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad news at Six Flags

Apparently, about three hours ago, a woman was riding the Texas Giant roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas and her restraint failed and she fell out of the car to her death. Very sad, her kids were on the same car in front of her. Prayers go out to her family.

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How horrible. My heart goes out to her family.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

So tragic! Just read an article online about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad to hear...... So Tragic.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Yes my prayers go out to her and her children as they must endure the death of their mother
    "I want to be apart of your world."

All Star Music 2000-present & future

Post Thanks / Like

Can you imagine? What an awful thing to happen.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

How horrible (and really scary)!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

This is a sad situation... Family going to an amusement park to have a fun family day, and a family members dies in a tragic accident...

I want to say one thing: Kudos to the Intercot community... On many other sites, there are members who are making fun of this woman because she was supposedly on the heavier side... The situation seems to be because of her body build (over weight, obese), the restraints didn't lock in tight enough, just enough to let the computer think they were in, but not enough to stay locked... The tasteless comments on other sites are sickening... They think it is funny... Really shows you the mentality of people... So, again, kudos to the Intercotees who will not go down that wretched road of trashiness and classlessness...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a clip on the news about this late last night and it was said that she complained to the Six Flags ride attendant that her restraint did not feel secure. Apparently others in line heard the attendant simply say something to the effect that "If you heard it click it is good" and more or less blew her off and sent the ride on its way. Regardless of how it happened or what was said, a ride should never leave the staging area if a guest states they do not feel safe and secure. If that means they have to be asked to get back off of the ride, try again on the next one, not ride or whatever, then so be it but it should have never been sent on its way if she complained.

I cannot even begin to imagine what her kids are trying to cope with after witnessing such a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

this just gives me chills :-( I'm thinking of all the discussions I've heard - especially related Forbidden Journey over at Universal - about how to squeeze into a restraint that is just too small. **** it in, scrunch down, etc. All that advice about how to "force" the second click. And I once witnessed an employee at SeaWorld with is knee in a guy's stomache trying to squash him in on Kraken because he was so determined to ride. I'm so heavy (well, I was in September) that I didn't even try, but now I would really, really advise anyone thinking about it to make sure they fit comfortably and securely in those restraints with NO QUESTION. I can just totally picture this being me, and I feel just sick thinking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I saw a clip on the news about this late last night and it was said that she complained to the Six Flags ride attendant that her restraint did not feel secure. Apparently others in line heard the attendant simply say something to the effect that "If you heard it click it is good" and more or less blew her off and sent the ride on its way. Regardless of how it happened or what was said, a ride should never leave the staging area if a guest states they do not feel safe and secure. If that means they have to be asked to get back off of the ride, try again on the next one, not ride or whatever, then so be it but it should have never been sent on its way if she complained.
    Oh yes, from everything I've heard in the news down here, Six Flags has a huge liability in this situation (as well they should). Whether human, mechanical or computer error, it appears it is all on the amusement park's side.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

One time I was preparing to ride Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags America (Maryland), and the operators came by and checked our restraints, and then a kid asked if she could get out because she was scared, and the operator told her "no it's too late". Seems like the same situation could have happened there.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    One time I was preparing to ride Superman Ride of Steel at Six Flags America (Maryland), and the operators came by and checked our restraints, and then a kid asked if she could get out because she was scared, and the operator told her "no it's too late". Seems like the same situation could have happened there.
    From everything I've heard this was a different situation altogether. Witnesses heard her express her concern to the attendant that her restraint was not secure, that she only heard it click once, whereas everyone else's restraints clicked two or three times. The attendant said as long as she heard it click it was okay. The woman fell out at the beginning of the first descent when she raised her hands up in the air, like people do on roller coasters. There didn't seem to be any indication at that point that she was afraid or tried to climb out. As far as it ever being "too late" to let someone out of a ride vehicle before it takes off, that sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

As some one who is on the larger side, and takes her kids to Six Flags (Great Adventure as it is known here in NJ) that is absolutely my worst nightmare!!!

I don't even go on half the stuff anymore with the kids, but I'm sending them on, and entrusting that everything works the way it should. These are high impact thrill rides.

Last year, I remember saying to my husband as our kids were going up Kinda Ka, Let's just pray a minute, because our babies are on that thing!!!

Feel awful for the son who was with his mom. There are no words. Such a tragedy.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: