Quantcast Water Park Changing Area?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water Park Changing Area?

Our next trip to Disney is only days away! We have never been to the Water Parks before so we want to experience both parks this time around. Are there changing areas? Locker rooms? Lockers? Or do we just show up with our suits on, find a table to put down our towels and go have a blast?
    1975 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    1977 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2001 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2005 - Fort Wilderness Camp Ground
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are changing areas with lockers. Bring a little cash. I don't remember what the lockers cost. You won't easily "find a table." There are chairs around, but we never feel right about leaving our stuff behind. We pretty much leave our towels in the locker and dry off when we're done. But I have seen people leave stuff on chairs, so it is done. You can wear water shoes and shirts over suits, but make sure your suits/shoes have no metal on them.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have always left a towel and flip flops at a strategically picked out chair, and rented a locker for everything else. Never had a problem. Also I have a waterproof container that you wear on a lanyard around your neck, that I keep some $ and KTTW card in. The keys for the lockers are on stretchy bands you can wear around your wrist from what I remember.
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses, it gives me a better idea of what to expect. And where did you get the waterproof container/lanyard? I like that idea. Are things like that purchasable at the waterparks or DTD?
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IMADisneyFreak View Post
    And where did you get the waterproof container/lanyard? I like that idea. Are things like that purchasable at the waterparks or DTD?
    Yes, they do sell the little containers but they are also readily available for sale in many other places. You might try a sporting goods store. Some department stores would also carry these items - probably for less than you would pay while in a Disney water park.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Bring towels or you have to pay for towels...they aren't free at the water parks!
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    There are changing areas with lockers. Bring a little cash. I don't remember what the lockers cost. You won't easily "find a table." There are chairs around, but we never feel right about leaving our stuff behind. We pretty much leave our towels in the locker and dry off when we're done. But I have seen people leave stuff on chairs, so it is done. You can wear water shoes and shirts over suits, but make sure your suits/shoes have no metal on them.

This is what we do as well. I do not feel comfortable leaving our stuff either. I know people do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Bring towels or you have to pay for towels...they aren't free at the water parks!
    No, I believe they are $1 or $2.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    If I remember well, the large lockers are usually about $15, and in the end of the day you can return your key for a souvenir mug or getting $5 back

Post Thanks / Like

There is no need for cash. You can do everything with a credit card or KTTW card. Those can get wet. No problem.

We always just bring out KTTW card (DH uses his swimtrunk pocket and I always wear board shorts with a pocket as well, that secures closed with velcro or zipper). We bring a tote bag with sunscreen and towels. We wear our suits and just throw our t-shirts into the bag with the towels and just put it down somewhere.

IF it gets stolen, all we lose out on are things that are easily replaceable anyway.

We keep our shoes on, and carry them on slides where we can't wear them. We wear either crocs or water shoes.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We always leave our towels, flip flops and clothes, back pack etc. at the chairs and have never had a problem. However, we do not leave any money or our KTTW. We have one of those waterproof lanyards we keep those in and wear it.

We bring towels from our resort to use there rather than rent them, then we just bring them back to the resort at the end of the day.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

they do have changing rooms, the ones at Blizzard Beach are nicer.
    We try to bring in as little as possible,nothing valuable like a wallet, just towels, sunscreen and keys in a waterproof case
    target has a waterproof case for 3 dollars at the dollar spot right now (at least ours does)
    The problem with the lockers is that they are far away from everything, so its a pain to go back for stuff.
    This applies if you are driving down here, not flying, but you can bring a cooler into the waterparks, with drinks and food. we've had some great picnics. just the standard no glass, no alcohol
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

The is great information! I did not realize that there would be a charge for the towels (just wasn't thinking along those lines I guess) so bringing the resort towels is a good idea. Other than that we will leave what little we bring by a chair and go have a blast! So which park is better? Blizzard Beach or Typhoon? I am sure they are both great but I would think there would be a preference for most people.
    2006 - Pop Century
    2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Old Key West
    2020 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

My preference is for Typhoon Lagoon. I see enough snow at home.
    Seriously though I like the atmosphere at TL better than Blizzard Beach.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I also liked TL more. We just had more fun. The slides seemed longer and not as "serious." I seem to remember there also being more slides that accommodated two people tubes.

The wave pool at TL was great and has various "swims" throughout the day. At one point a giant wave released ever so often and at other points it was just really choppy waters.

We hated forking over $15 for a towel, but we traded it in for a Blizzard Beach mug and that was okay. :-) I smile every time I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes to Blizzard Beach! There's something about the paradox of fake snow, ski lifts, sand and reggae music. The theming is great here (the bathroom/changing room is adorable and who doesn't like to take a ski lift up to a slide instead of stairs?! ). I also think it's a better choice if you like a variety of tube slides and a calmer wave pool. I'm a big tube/mat slide fan, so I always feel like there are a good variety of smoother options here. The bobsled racer slide is also very unique - its a special thick mat with handles where you get to ride head-first. There's also a great tube slide where you "race" down and are timed. Really creative!

Also, if you or anyone in your party look like you're on the younger side, make sure you bring your license if you'd like an adult beverage. I'm 33 and they wouldn't serve me without it at the water parks. Something to add to the lanyard case!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I went to TL solo several years ago and was worried about where to keep my stuff. I brought a towel from the room, and then when I got to TL, I rented a locker (I forget how much it was). They give you a key that's attached to a stretchy wrist band.

The locker rooms were big and clean. I just found my locker, stuffed everything inside, and then enjoyed the park worry free cause all my belongings were locked up.

When I was ready for a meal, I went back to the locker, threw a cover up on and got my room key (dining plan), and got lunch. Then I put everything back and swam some more. When it was time to go, I got some money back from the locker rental for returning the key.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP