Quantcast got our My Disney Experience invite!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default got our My Disney Experience invite!

So after logging on last night & playing around with the system I do have to say that I love the idea if it works as good as it seems.
    For those of you that didn't know, after picking your 3 attractions it randomly gives you 4 scenarios that you have to choose from however afterwards you can go back in to each individual fast pass+ reservation & change them to practically whenever you like for return times.
    For example the computer generated times might not have known we were park hopping so we wanted later or earlier return times & we were able to go back in & change them.
    I think its interesting that they have included rides that in the past have never required a fast pass in the network.
    Being part of the test group I'm excited to try it & hopefully give my feedback afterwards
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I think its interesting that they have included rides that in the past have never required a fast pass in the network.
    I think this is what I DON'T like about the new system....If the ride/attraction never needed a FastPass before, then why now? "Let's make 'fake' back-ups at all rides and attractions"....

Why don't they just come out and say that if you don't have a FastPass/FastPass+ you can't ride or watch....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

When is your trip? Just curious if you got the notice to participate around the 17 days out I've heard of.

My trip is coming up in about a month so I'm hoping to get to participate!
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

That is exciting. I can't wait to hear how it works out for you. I hope I get a chance to test it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etibbetts View Post
    When is your trip? Just curious if you got the notice to participate around the 17 days out I've heard of.

My trip is coming up in about a month so I'm hoping to get to participate!
    It was just about 17 days exactly prior to our trip. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. They give you a date that you need to react to the invite to get the bands in time.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone interested, the test resorts for Sept so far appear to be BC/YC/BCV, AKL, POR, Poly and AoA. There's also chatter that POP and CR will extend the August testing through September.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We are visiting 9/3 to 9/8 and staying at POFQ. Is the FP+ invite only? If we don't get an invite, can we still use the regular FP?

We visited these exact timeframe in Sept 2010 and barely needed to use FP except for maybe Soarin or TSM. Hoping for the same this time.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, all! I don't recall receiving an "invite", per se. It is possible my DH read/deleted an e-mail that I didn't see. However, at about 20 or so days before trip I went into mobile app for MDE and was surprised to see I could add FP+ to our plans. So I added one trifecta with success. Does this mean we are part of the test, too?
    Grand Floridian 09/01
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/02
    Port Orleans Riverside 05/04
    Polynesian 09/09 - 10-year Anniversary/DD 3rd Bday
    Port Orleans Riverside 09/13 - 15-year Anniversary/DD 8th Bday

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home...unless you're going to Disney!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jokat View Post
    Hi, all! I don't recall receiving an "invite", per se. It is possible my DH read/deleted an e-mail that I didn't see. However, at about 20 or so days before trip I went into mobile app for MDE and was surprised to see I could add FP+ to our plans. So I added one trifecta with success. Does this mean we are part of the test, too?
    You should be since you're at POR. Go to Manage Magic Bands and you should be able to pick your colors and so forth.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfirsttimer View Post
    We are visiting 9/3 to 9/8 and staying at POFQ. Is the FP+ invite only? If we don't get an invite, can we still use the regular FP?
    Right now POFQ is not part of the testing. You can keep checking MDE online in case they add it. You will still be using regular FP with no problem.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

We are staying at POR and arrive 9/10. I never received an e-mail invite but I too logged on to My Disney Experience today and was able to customize our bands and make Fast Pass+ reservations for multiple days. I even received a confirmation number for the shipping of the bands. My travel agent called Disney directly to confirm that we were in the test period and the CM said that the system should not be working for me if I didn't have an e-mail invite (I was making FP+ reservations as she was on the phone with CM). I guess I'll wait and see if the bands actually do arrive within 10 days. Overall, it was pretty easy to set everything up once I got "the hang" of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be staying at POR the second week of November...will they still be part of the testing or are they beta testing in September for that resort and then change it to a different resort?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bburky502 View Post
    I will be staying at POR the second week of November...will they still be part of the testing or are they beta testing in September for that resort and then change it to a different resort?
    At this point it's hard to say. They've only released info through Sept 28. The fact that they're extending the August resorts and adding new one for September leads me to believe they're close to going live so there is a possibility that it will be resort wide by November.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Got our bands 3 days later...the packaging is way cool

Post Thanks / Like

How often do they add new resorts? We are staying at BLT in October and would love to try it. Thanks.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    How often do they add new resorts? We are staying at BLT in October and would love to try it. Thanks.
    Probably should start to hear something in the beginning of September. We're staying there next week and I was a little disappointed to hear they ended the testing at BLT in July and didn't extend it.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

We never got an official invite either. Just logged into MDE and when I went to FP+ it allowed me to make reservations. A few days later, when I went to the Magic Bands tab, it asked me to customize our bands. And three days later we received them!
    This was about 24 days out, so perhaps if I'd not noticed on my own that I could select FPs, I may have gotten the email at 17 days out.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't get invited! Checking into the Beach Club on 8/31 and no bands, no FP+, nada.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

M not so sure we will even need fast pass+ going right after labor day but it was still exciting to be part of the test group

Post Thanks / Like

Question FastPass+ Confusion

I just recieved my invite via UPS rather than an email yesterday, which is strange in itself. I have a MyDisneyExperience profile setup and am a DVC member to boot. WDW has my email address in many databases I'm sure.

I am not happy about a few things here and maybe someone can correct me.

Only 3 FP+ per day in one park per day. Not great for a family that park hops or has been able to pull more than 3 per day in the past.

Am I correct in my statement and is anyone else not happy about this revelation?
    DVC - BCV
    Last Trip: 09.15
    Next Trip: 05.16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: