Quantcast Forget Fastpass+, Fastpass in General Needs a Major Overhaul. Period!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forget Fastpass+, Fastpass in General Needs a Major Overhaul. Period!

The current Fastpass system is so ineffective. It makes lines for the regular folks so slow and brings what could be a bearable wait to a grinding halt. They should either just do away with the system completely or offer Fastpasses for everyone. Disney obviously has no understanding of the theory of constraints!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The current Fastpass system is so ineffective. It makes lines for the regular folks so slow and brings what could be a bearable wait to a grinding halt. They should either just do away with the system completely or offer Fastpasses for everyone. Disney obviously has no understanding of the theory of constraints!
    But FastPass is available for everyone.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Yeah, not sure what was meant by "regular folks." I just assumed they meant people who did not get a FP. Ultimately, I think 30+ minute waits for attractions that aren't running at full capacity is bad, personally.

Post Thanks / Like

My question is why do people wait in line when Fastpass is available? I just don't understand the lunacy of waiting!
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

If those fastpass people weren't in the fastpass line, they'd be ahead of you in the standby line.
    And it is available to everyone.
    If you don't like the standby line- get a fastpass. Easy solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can remember when there was no Fastpass for any WDW attractions. And what was the number one complaint of guests? You guessed it: "The lines are tooo LOOOONG. I don't like waiting so long for one ride."

So what did Disney do? They created a system where you could hold you place in line "electronically" so you could do something else during the two-hour wait (yeah, I know the cynics say it just so you can spend money while waiting your turn). Now they are fine-tuning that system and it remains to see how guests will like it. Still, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, etc. all handle the same number of riders per hour that the did 20+ years ago, before FastPasses. Only so many people per hour can ride, no way around that.

A few people will always complain about anything. But if WDW did away with Fastpasses, everybody would complain. We learned how to effectively used the Fastpass system, and have never waited more than 20-30 minutes for any attraction, even during peak seasons. We haven't used Fastpass+ yet, so I can't comment yet on how user-friendly it will be.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FastPass + ???

Excuse my ignorance, but we haven't been to WDW since September 2011. I know they were changing the FP system so you had to use the FP during the actual return time (not hours later).

What exactly is FP +?

Thanks!
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Creek Buccaneer View Post
    My question is why do people wait in line when Fastpass is available? I just don't understand the lunacy of waiting!
    Sometimes you have no choice but to wait if you want to see an attraction. For Example: I want to ride TSM I get a fastpass at 9am for 230pm. I can only hold one fastpass so now if I want to see or ride an attraction before 230 pm I must wait in the standby line.

I also commented on how stinking long the standby lines were when I was there this month. Standby Lines were out of control. I don't want to see Fp to go away just to go back to what worked in the past.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    Sometimes you have no choice but to wait if you want to see an attraction. For Example: I want to ride TSM I get a fastpass at 9am for 230pm. I can only hold one fastpass so now if I want to see or ride an attraction before 230 pm I must wait in the standby line.

I also commented on how stinking long the standby lines were when I was there this month. Standby Lines were out of control. I don't want to see Fp to go away just to go back to what worked in the past.
    Correct me if I"m wrong, but the Fastpasses have something on them that says you can get a new fastpass at X:XX time and often that time is 2 hours after you get the first fast pass if the new fast pass return time is longer than that. At least that's the case in Disneyland. So, if you get a fastpass at 9:30 and the return time is at 2:30, you can get another fast pass at 11:30.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Correct me if I"m wrong, but the Fastpasses have something on them that says you can get a new fastpass at X:XX time and often that time is 2 hours after you get the first fast pass if the new fast pass return time is longer than that. At least that's the case in Disneyland. So, if you get a fastpass at 9:30 and the return time is at 2:30, you can get another fast pass at 11:30.
    Not when I was there a few weeks ago. We could not get another fast pass until the time to go on the ride.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Correct me if I"m wrong, but the Fastpasses have something on them

1- that says you can get a new fastpass at X:XX time and

2- often that time is 2 hours after you get the first fast pass

3- if the new fast pass return time is longer than that.

4- At least that's the case in Disneyland.

5- So, if you get a fastpass at 9:30 and the return time is at 2:30, you can get another fast pass at 11:30.
    1- Correct.
    2- It's usually just for the very popular rides.
    3- Correct. If the current FP Return Time is longer than 2 hours away, you will be able to get another FP at the 2-hour mark from time of
    current FP pick-up.
    4- And, at WDW.
    5- That is correct.

Not when I was there a few weeks ago. We could not get another fast pass until the time to go on the ride.
    You must not have been looking very closely.
    The "2 hour rule" is how the "regular" FP system has worked for over a decade.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, when you get a fast pass with such a late time on it from the time you received it, it will usually give you an earlier time to get another one. We a lot of times get to DHS around 9:30 - 10:30 and TSM already has passes timed anywhere from 2:00 - 7:00PM depending on the day. When this happens there is a note on the bottom that reads "your next fast pass will be available after 11:30" or about two hours after the issue of the TSM fast pass.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Opus X Guest

Whoa.....not true. You will get another fast pass at 11 am. Or 2 hours after the other fast pass...unless the return time is less than 2 hours.
    Its printed at the bottom...when you can get another..often, it will not be the same time as the return time on the ticket.
    I.E. your 230 return time when you got it at 9 am. You dont have to wait untill return time. You can get another at 11 am by your example.

Opus X Guest

I keep reading this thread and an amazed at the lack of understanding how to get the most out of fast pass..It is a GREAT tool..and everytime we goto WDW/DLR it is used to the max. It appears though that alot simply dont understand it or read on the bottom of the ticket as to when they can get another one.
    In my little world of Disney friends...we all LOVE it.
    Im looking forward to FP+, it will be nice to book in advance. Also, get to the parks at rope drop. Most of the time...FP isnt needed. We rode S.M. 4 times..within 30 min..
    There is this devilish part of me that likes the fact some folks choose not to use it..or doesnt know how...It allows more for the rest of us....I know thats bad..But FP is incredibly simply and works flawlessly.
    YMMV- I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    At certain attractions a full day of Fastpasses are gone within an hour of the park opening. What's the sense of that?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to DW 3 times. In 2003, 2007 and 2012. In 03 and 07 we went in November. In 2012 we went in February. We have never waited more than 30 minutes in any line. I did my homework before we went and learned all about fast pass and which rides were important to use it on. In 2003 we were there for Thanksgiving, it was our first trip and we had no problems with long wait times. We just did a little planning before we went. I love FP and can't wait to try out FP+.

Post Thanks / Like

At certain attractions a full day of Fastpasses are gone within an hour of the park opening. What's the sense of that?
    If the alternative is to do away with fastpasses for that attraction, then those guests who get to the park early will still enjoy the shortest wait times. Early bird gets the worm! Either that or wait until right before park closing when the lines may finally get short again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

The FastPass system, which is available for everyone, works fantastically if used correctly. And I don't understand the logic behind standby lines being longer if people have FastPasses- we use FastPass like it's going out of style and really only wait in one or two standby lines a day. And I'm perfectly fine waiting for 30 minutes or so twice if I'm not waiting for anything else.

Trying FP+ in October- excited to see how it works.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    The FastPass system, which is available for everyone, works fantastically if used correctly. And I don't understand the logic behind standby lines being longer if people have FastPasses- we use FastPass like it's going out of style and really only wait in one or two standby lines a day. And I'm perfectly fine waiting for 30 minutes or so twice if I'm not waiting for anything else.

Trying FP+ in October- excited to see how it works.
    Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

That's about logistics and capacity. There has to be a limit of fast passes otherwise the benefit of the fastpass would be nullified. What I mean is that everyone has the opportunity to participate if they choose to do so and there is no additional cost. Now it might require getting to the parks early but that comes with each person choice.

With FastPass+ theoretically late starters will be able to get the Fastpasses they want assuming they are willing to use MyMagic+.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: