Quantcast Forget Fastpass+, Fastpass in General Needs a Major Overhaul. Period!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Forget Fastpass+, Fastpass in General Needs a Major Overhaul. Period!

The current Fastpass system is so ineffective. It makes lines for the regular folks so slow and brings what could be a bearable wait to a grinding halt. They should either just do away with the system completely or offer Fastpasses for everyone. Disney obviously has no understanding of the theory of constraints!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think another issue is when the decision is made to add capacity to an attraction. I believe they should try to be ahead of the curve, but management appears to choose intentionally to be well behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would just get rid of Fastpass and Fastpass +. You are correct, the standby line becomes unbearable. It seemed so much worse during my November vacation then in years past. Looks like they are giving out way too many fast passes.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    The current Fastpass system is so ineffective. It makes lines for the regular folks so slow and brings what could be a bearable wait to a grinding halt. They should either just do away with the system completely or offer Fastpasses for everyone. Disney obviously has no understanding of the theory of constraints!
    But FastPass is available for everyone.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    Yeah, not sure what was meant by "regular folks." I just assumed they meant people who did not get a FP. Ultimately, I think 30+ minute waits for attractions that aren't running at full capacity is bad, personally.

Post Thanks / Like

My question is why do people wait in line when Fastpass is available? I just don't understand the lunacy of waiting!
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

If those fastpass people weren't in the fastpass line, they'd be ahead of you in the standby line.
    And it is available to everyone.
    If you don't like the standby line- get a fastpass. Easy solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can remember when there was no Fastpass for any WDW attractions. And what was the number one complaint of guests? You guessed it: "The lines are tooo LOOOONG. I don't like waiting so long for one ride."

So what did Disney do? They created a system where you could hold you place in line "electronically" so you could do something else during the two-hour wait (yeah, I know the cynics say it just so you can spend money while waiting your turn). Now they are fine-tuning that system and it remains to see how guests will like it. Still, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, BTMRR, etc. all handle the same number of riders per hour that the did 20+ years ago, before FastPasses. Only so many people per hour can ride, no way around that.

A few people will always complain about anything. But if WDW did away with Fastpasses, everybody would complain. We learned how to effectively used the Fastpass system, and have never waited more than 20-30 minutes for any attraction, even during peak seasons. We haven't used Fastpass+ yet, so I can't comment yet on how user-friendly it will be.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Default FastPass + ???

Excuse my ignorance, but we haven't been to WDW since September 2011. I know they were changing the FP system so you had to use the FP during the actual return time (not hours later).

What exactly is FP +?

Thanks!
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Originally I did not like the concept of fastpass+, however, as I am in the middle of my vacation, I love it! With regular fastpass we don't have a choice of when to return, which makes it difficult when travelling with a 2yo. With fastpass+, I can choose exactely when to return. It makes those afternoon naps and ADRs more maneagable.

I do think that booking fastpasses 6 months out is redicuously, that would be my only hange.

Post Thanks / Like

With the amount of money and resources poured into FP+ by Disney, there is absolutely 0% chance that they will go back to the old system once FP+ is fully implemented. This overall is not just to see whether or not it will "work best" for guests, but rather if it "works best" for Disney and its' stockholders.

They may tweak certain elements as much of this is still testing and trial and error. The problem with some rides is the amount of visitors they can process per hour. Toy Story Mania, Soarin, Test Track, and Space Mountain are fairly slow compared to other major attractions in the Orlando area and beyond.

Timing elements also dramatically impact Tower of Terror and RnRC when churning out guests.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    At certain attractions a full day of Fastpasses are gone within an hour of the park opening. What's the sense of that?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to DW 3 times. In 2003, 2007 and 2012. In 03 and 07 we went in November. In 2012 we went in February. We have never waited more than 30 minutes in any line. I did my homework before we went and learned all about fast pass and which rides were important to use it on. In 2003 we were there for Thanksgiving, it was our first trip and we had no problems with long wait times. We just did a little planning before we went. I love FP and can't wait to try out FP+.

Post Thanks / Like

At certain attractions a full day of Fastpasses are gone within an hour of the park opening. What's the sense of that?
    If the alternative is to do away with fastpasses for that attraction, then those guests who get to the park early will still enjoy the shortest wait times. Early bird gets the worm! Either that or wait until right before park closing when the lines may finally get short again.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

The FastPass system, which is available for everyone, works fantastically if used correctly. And I don't understand the logic behind standby lines being longer if people have FastPasses- we use FastPass like it's going out of style and really only wait in one or two standby lines a day. And I'm perfectly fine waiting for 30 minutes or so twice if I'm not waiting for anything else.

Trying FP+ in October- excited to see how it works.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Opus X Guest

110% disagree.
    We use at least 5-6 fast pass per day. Hardly ever wait and the attractions like POTC never wait more than 10 min via stand by. H.M. also.
    I dont think the O.P. has a clue as to actually utilize fast pass. or plan for that matter.

I just dont understand the OP. here at all. Fastpass is a godsend. F.P. + i am also looking forward to.
    I have waited in line for BTMRR in the stand by line and maybe waited 25 min. Thats not that bad at all. Just depends on time of day.
    I also dont get "regular folks" You mean the ones with 1 heart and a brain? Fast pass is a free opportunity for all to take advantage of...If folks choose not to...thats their bad call.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDawgette View Post
    The FastPass system, which is available for everyone, works fantastically if used correctly. And I don't understand the logic behind standby lines being longer if people have FastPasses- we use FastPass like it's going out of style and really only wait in one or two standby lines a day. And I'm perfectly fine waiting for 30 minutes or so twice if I'm not waiting for anything else.

Trying FP+ in October- excited to see how it works.
    Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

Fast pass IS available to anyone in the park...
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I love FastPass the way it is. With careful planning it can make a fairly easy day of it. We usually go in October and find that using FastPass we never wait in a long line.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Fastpass+ only allows 3 FPs per day (4 for MK). If you are using a magic band, you cannot use the regular fastpass.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: