Quantcast Magic Band Invite, when?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band Invite, when?

So, I am hearing a lot of folks saying that they have received invites for magic bands and FP+. Thank you all for your updates.

I am sure this is posted somewhere, so I am sorry if this is redundant. How far in advance are folks receiving their invites? Are they coming in email, a letter, or some other communication method? Thank you so much for your help with this.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I never got invited. I just kept checking my reservations on the WDW site and then one day
    TA DA!
    I had the option to customize my magic bands, which I did immediately.
    Nell

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band

Did you link your reservation to mydisneyexperience.com?
    I did and was looking on it today and saw the information to order a band. I did not receive any email notification. It was by luck that I looked on the website today because today was the last day for me to order a custom band. Try linking your reservation and see if you get one. 32 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow! I am glad I asked. I thought I would get some sort of invite. I am going to go and look right away.

Sept. 2019 Disney Dream
    Feb. 2016 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
    Nov. 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2008 All Star Movies
    Nov. 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter
    Nov. 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
    May. 1999 Off Site
    Sept. 1997 Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Then you can pick your fastpasses which was far too easy and super quick. I am cautiously optimistic!
    Nell

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure there are posts on this but I can't find a recent comment so I wanted to ask- does anyone know if you can get the regular Fastpass in addition to the FP+ while it is still in testing? I've seen varied answers to this over time and am curious to hear from people who have been in the last few weeks what the current status is. I love the idea of FP+ but wish you could do more than one park/per day. Just want to plan accordingly. Staying at cont so assuming we will be in the test group.
    Mary

Ten trips and counting!!! DW next!
    DVC AKKV

Post Thanks / Like

It was about 17 days prior to our arrival. We also received a hard copy in the mail in addition to the e-mail so I wouldn't be too concerned with missing an e-mail.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marytheta View Post
    Im sure there are posts on this but I can't find a recent comment so I wanted to ask- does anyone know if you can get the regular Fastpass in addition to the FP+ while it is still in testing? I've seen varied answers to this over time and am curious to hear from people who have been in the last few weeks what the current status is. I love the idea of FP+ but wish you could do more than one park/per day. Just want to plan accordingly. Staying at cont so assuming we will be in the test group.
    I'm curious about this too!

Also, when the testing is all done etc for fastpass+, will the current fastpass be gone altogether? We aren't going until the end of June so I am assuming the testing will be done.
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Bands

We are DVC Members and got an invite for MB for our upcoming trip in Sept. We linked our Res,room key, Park Tickets, Fast pass selections, Payment method, and dinner Ressies. This was Monday and our bands arrived today. I spoke with a student at UCF in Orlando who got hers and tried it. She said it was awesome. Better yet, they can be re used and relinked for future trips. Ya have to get on the My Disney Experience App to link up. I will report after our visit and tell all about it.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know about the MBs plus regular FP, also. I haven't signed up for MDE because we often use more than 3 FPs in a day, and I don't want to be stuck in the stand-by line all day, just because we chose to go with MDE/MB.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marytheta View Post
    Im sure there are posts on this but I can't find a recent comment so I wanted to ask- does anyone know if you can get the regular Fastpass in addition to the FP+ while it is still in testing?
    Some guests participating in the wristband testing have reported that they are also able to use the old Fast Pass system, but only if they are issued a KTTW card at their resort. The card serves as a backup to the wristband, and it will work in FP distribution machines to get a traditional paper FP. The wristbands do not work in the current distribution machines.

Edit: Disney never intended for participating wristband guests to also get traditional FPs, so this appears to be a bit of a glitch that they will likely correct. Also, in order for the KTTW card to work in FP distribution machines the card must be used for park entry instead of the wristband. Disney intends for wristband holders to use the wristband for entry, so I wouldn't expect this situation to continue much longer.

Also, when the testing is all done etc for fastpass+, will the current fastpass be gone altogether?
    Yes, the current paper FP system will go away. All of the current FP distribution machines will be removed from attraction entrances.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

So am I to understand that each guest will only have the availability of up to 3 fastpasses for the day? Or is that incorrect? I would normally get more than that with the old system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fanofdisney View Post
    So am I to understand that each guest will only have the availability of up to 3 fastpasses for the day? Or is that incorrect? I would normally get more than that with the old system.
    Yes, during the testing phase (and likely upon full implementation) each guest will be able to reserve 3 Fast Passes per day at only one park per day. Currently, a fourth "bonus" FP can be reserved at the Magic Kingdom park only. So if you are park hopping you must choose in advance which park to use FP.

Will this change in the future? Probably. But for now the limit is three (four at MK).
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I wonder how hard it is to still get a kttw card if you have a band. Read the other day about some glitches with paying with the band and how the poster had to use his kttw card to pay. I'm sure these r just testing glitches and not happening to everyone. Either way I would feel better with it too I think.
    Mary

Ten trips and counting!!! DW next!
    DVC AKKV

Post Thanks / Like

I got an email today from Karen at Magical Journeys with a link to take part in the testing of this. We are going October 13th-24th.
    I had questions and called the number on the link. The lady was very helpful and even double checked that I get 3 Fast Pass+ per person per day for my whole stay, in 1 park only. And I do.
    I also asked her specifically if we decide to participate in this and get the Magic Bands do we still get to use regular fast pass along with the 3 Fast Pass+.
    She said YES, that they will also give us at check in a Keys to the World card so we can use it. She said they do not want their guests to not be able to use the regular fast pass during this testing period.
    I asked her a few more times, and over explained what it was I wanted and every time she said YES, you can use the regular fast pass and the Fast pass+

Now, I am sure this is just for the test period, but for now it sounds like a great deal for us.

Oh, and I had linked our reservation with My Disney Experience a while back.

I am rather excited to try it out. I know many are not thrilled about it and honestly I wasn't either, but for this test period it is going to work great for us. Having a 2 yr old and being able to schedule certain things will be wonderful, and still being able to get reg. fast passes for park hopping will be great.
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Opus X Guest

Im looking forward to FP+ . I would love to "book" 3-4 fast pass in advance. We vacation at WDW in Early May. 90% of the time...no attraction other than Peter Pan has much of a stand by wait time.
    So..we probably only used 3-4 FP per day. We will be going back in May of 2015. Im sure FP+ will be 100% implemented by then.
    I have a feeling it will be and work just fine. There is nothing wrong with booking 3-4 or 5 fast pass attractions in advance. I did find out that the paper fast pass will still be there forever....sort of. C.M's will still have the "complimentary" fast pass ticket to hand out as they do now for various reasons. I heard this on WDWtoday pod cast.
    Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    I got an email today from Karen at Magical Journeys with a link to take part in the testing of this. We are going October 13th-24th.
    I had questions and called the number on the link. The lady was very helpful and even double checked that I get 3 Fast Pass+ per person per day for my whole stay, in 1 park only. And I do.
    I also asked her specifically if we decide to participate in this and get the Magic Bands do we still get to use regular fast pass along with the 3 Fast Pass+.
    She said YES, that they will also give us at check in a Keys to the World card so we can use it. She said they do not want their guests to not be able to use the regular fast pass during this testing period.
    I asked her a few more times, and over explained what it was I wanted and every time she said YES, you can use the regular fast pass and the Fast pass+

Now, I am sure this is just for the test period, but for now it sounds like a great deal for us.

Oh, and I had linked our reservation with My Disney Experience a while back.

I am rather excited to try it out. I know many are not thrilled about it and honestly I wasn't either, but for this test period it is going to work great for us. Having a 2 yr old and being able to schedule certain things will be wonderful, and still being able to get reg. fast passes for park hopping will be great.
    Which number did you call? I am needing to link my DF's MDEx account to our hotel reservation so that we can choose our FP+ selections. Our reservation was added today as well!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Just signed on under my name and we were chosen to participate in the magic bands!!!!!! Kind of excited and a little nervous too!!

56 days!!!!!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

When can you make your fast pass plus reservations? It's saying mine aren't in the selection window....
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Which number did you call? I am needing to link my DF's MDEx account to our hotel reservation so that we can choose our FP+ selections. Our reservation was added today as well!
    This is the number from the bottom of the invite
    Need Help? For questions, please call 407-939-7849 between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. EST.

I just called again today, they are very helpful
    1999 off site- July
    2001 All Star Movies- Sept
    2004 CBR-Oct
    2005 Poly won free from Disney-Jan
    2007 POP-Oct
    2010 POP-Oct

2013POP - Oct First trip /all 3 kids- DD's 1st
    2014 All Star Movies-Nov / Mother son 2 day visit, after college tours
    2016 POP-Sep

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: