Quantcast Tell me about the cabins

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about the cabins

We are still trying to decide where to stay next July and are thinking about the cabins. We are a family of 5 and a baby who will be 2 next year. I need to know anything you can tell me about the cabins , transportation and waits for buses, how much of a hassle it would be with a stroller. Our other choice right now is the Polynesian. I see we can make some of our own food but really I do not plan to do alot of cooking, Breakfast in the cabin would be great though. Is there a lot to do there for the 2 year old and the rest of us, 3 young adults and us the parents. We have always stayed at one of the resorts and quess we are spoiled from them and I just wonder if we will "feel the Disney Magic" as much. I will appreciate anything you can tell me and pictures would be great. Thanks much
    All Star Sports 1996
    All Star Movies/Dixie1999
    POR/CBR 2001
    Animal Kingdom Lodge/Poly/POR 2003
    Pop,Port Orleans,Wilderness Lodge, Poly 2006
    Caribbean Beach 2007
    Caribbean Beach/Poly 2010 College graduation for DD
    Next Trip--June 2014 AoA Resort
    Girls trip Thanksgiving 2015.Port Orleans!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can remember VERY few comments Ive ever seen on here that expressed dissatisfaction with the Ft W cabins. I took my family of 6 (4 teen boys, including two "first timers") and it was the best possible accomodation for us. I have stayed in the cabins 2 or 3 times, and have always been very pleased. You will plenty of activities, Disney atmosphere, and a level of privacy unlike anywhere else in the World. I have wanted to stay at the Poly my whole life, and I can still strongly recommend that you give serious thought to taking a group your size to Ft W. If you do go, look for a loop (like Bobcat Bend, 2100) that is near a loop with a comfort station. We were maybe 30 yards from a comfort station 6/08, and it really cut down on competition for the one bathroom in the cabins
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the buses go - the most we ever waited was about ten minutes at the loop for a bus going the direction we wanted, and about 15 minutes at the transfer point for a bus to the park we wanted. The newly revised water play area at the Meadows pool will provide LOTS of fun - and the waterslide in the main pool was a great thing!

As far as food goes - the take-out chicken dinner at Trail's End is one of the best bargains down there for the calories involved. 10 LARGE pieces of chicken, about a quart of coleslaw, and what felt like 5 lbs of fries - the three of us took cold chicken for lunch the next day.
    July '66, Disneyland.
    Aug '73, Mar '82, Sep '97 - Before Mr. Boo..
    Feb '02 - With Mr. Boo, age 4
    Oct '03 - POR! Forget the sun, let it RAIN!
    In 2009? March for a day - EPCOT! July - Ft. Wilderness!
    Nov 2020 Ft. Wilderness
    Nov 2021 Ft Wilderness again!
    Nov 2023 Ft Wilderness, here we come!

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the cabins and were we not on a quest (bucket list) to stay at all the WDW resorts we would likely make the FWCabins one of our primary home resorts...lots of space...lots of privacy...mom and dad can have their own bedroom...save money on food...and when you get away from the parks you really get away...also lots of recreation options that don't require leaving the resort.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Having stayed at FW many times in our camper and tent, we got a cabin for our last trip. We had a great time, and enjoyed the space and huge bathroom. We would stay there again, and hope you have a great time
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

We loved the cabins last fall. However, if you are used to the Poly, there are some differences in expectations. For starters, the beds (one in the bedroom and the Murphy in the living room) are doubles, not queens, which, depending on the size of the folks in them, can make a difference in comfort level. There is also a set of bunk beds in the bedroom, and between them and the bed, there is not a lot of left over space. We weren't crowded, and the living space more than made up for it, but it did take us a little aback when we first entered. The bathroom is great , as is having a deck, kitchen and living room.

Transportation wasn't an issue for us at all - although we did have some operator error (we got confused on which side of the road we needed to wait on) the first night.

The pool is great, and there is lots to do at the campground (the campfire is not to be missed). BUT it is a very different experience from a deluxe, so if you think you will have the slightest regret, you should probably reconsider.

We won't hesitate to go back to the cabins. In fact, I'm actually a little disappointed that DS has asked for the Lodge for his b-day trip - I was looking forward to visiting the refurbished swimming area and maybe renting a canoe with DD. Oh well, just another good reason to plan a different trip...

Have a great time wherever you decide to stay!
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

Post Thanks / Like

We feel the cabins are the best-kept secret at DW. We have stayed in the cabins 6 years straight and we have 4 adults and 2 kids. If you would like your 2-year-old to take a nap or go to bed earlier than you, having a back room is nice and allows you to be able to stay up a little later without disturbing them. The new pool is great, the campfire movie is fun, you can visit the horse barn that has all the DW horses, mini boat rides, the beach, and your 2-year-old can ride ponies very inexpensively. We also like to hang out on the deck and have a couple adult beverages and relax after a long day in the park. You can also go to the beach and see the fireworks with the music is piped in. I can go on and on, but there is a lot to do in FW.
    As for transportation, we typically rent a golf cart to give us a little more freedom and we also brings our bikes.
    This is a great place to stay!
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07