Quantcast What's Fast Pass Plus

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's Fast Pass Plus

Can someone fill me in on fast pass plus?
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

FP+ is the new system for Disney. Instead of having fastpass kiosks at all the rides you go online to the website or the My Disney Experience app and book your FP that way. You can book 3 per day. The old system will be done away with completely.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy your tickets through our sponsor, OTC, can you still get FP+, or do you have to wait until they're tied to your wristband upon check in, and hope for the best?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    If you buy your tickets through our sponsor, OTC, can you still get FP+, or do you have to wait until they're tied to your wristband upon check in, and hope for the best?
    As soon as you get your tickets from OTC you can enter the ticket number on the MDE website and begin making your FP+ selections. You won't have to wait.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Chris.

Post Thanks / Like

What if you do not get your tickets til you are at WDW? Are you "locked out" of FP+ or can you book online w/o tickets? We are going in Nov with friends and staying at SOG. Planning on using Disney VISA points to purchase tickets once we get to the world.
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vamaggie View Post
    What if you do not get your tickets til you are at WDW? Are you "locked out" of FP+ or can you book online w/o tickets? We are going in Nov with friends and staying at SOG. Planning on using Disney VISA points to purchase tickets once we get to the world.
    Until you have tickets you cannot reserve FP+. We are in the same boat. We are going in Nov also, but do not want to purchase tix til we get there.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Until you have tickets you cannot reserve FP+. We are in the same boat. We are going in Nov also, but do not want to purchase tix til we get there.
    So does this mean we are "scr**ed" for getting onto the "good" rides? We are going Thanksgiving week and I'm afraid we won't be able to do any big rides w/o FP. Does Disney really expect everyone to buy tickets ahead of time and be able to go online to reserve FP+? Thinking I really don't like this
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny1113 View Post
    Do you know if this includes Annual Pass vouchers? We will purchase our vouchers in spring, but not activate them until we arrive in September.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

So does this mean we are "scr**ed" for getting onto the "good" rides? We are going Thanksgiving week and I'm afraid we won't be able to do any big rides w/o FP. Does Disney really expect everyone to buy tickets ahead of time and be able to go online to reserve FP+? Thinking I really don't like this
    I dont think your going to be gypped out of the good rides you can take advantage of FP+ when your there you might not have the optimal time for you but im sure there will be times available
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_redshirt View Post
    I dont think your going to be gypped out of the good rides you can take advantage of FP+ when your there you might not have the optimal time for you but im sure there will be times available
    I'm not so sure about that. I would be very concerned if I was going Thanksgiving week and was not able to book my FP+ rides when others have had 30+ days to get theirs.

Someone recently posted that they were there in September, during a low crowd season, and tried to get FP+ the morning of their park visit. There was nothing left that you would want a FP+ for.

Your only hope is the FP+ isn't fully rolled out, and you can still use your tickets to get FPs.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. I'm hoping not, but I'm doubtful. As previously mentioned, someone on here posted that they didn't have much luck.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Do you know if this includes Annual Pass vouchers? We will purchase our vouchers in spring, but not activate them until we arrive in September.
    I don't know how the AP works (maybe someone will come along with more info) but with the tickets, if you have a confirmation number you can link the tickets and therefore participate in FP+.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Premier pass and I currently cannot link it through the system. I get an error message that states the number is invalid although I've used it several times in WDW and it is has been converted to the new system. I've contacted Disney but no luck yet figuring out why it won't work. My next trip is in November so I'm stressing a bit that I'll be in the stand-by lines.

I'm hoping that the folks who were not able to get fastpasses for the attractions they wanted on the morning of their visit was only because it is the test phase and regular fastpass was still in effect.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    You cannot link the vouchers. APs won't count until you have them activated and have the actual ticket number. My mom bought her AP voucher and is activating is next week during our trip, but she is not able to link to MDE right now. We called about it and that's the way it is - no active tickets or AP, no access to FP+. And I understand that - why would they want someone without a guaranteed ticket taking up FP slots. Disney can't read intention. I know it may sound ridiculous to say, "Why would anyone sign up for a FP if they're not going to be at the park." Some folks would do it. There's no doubt of that.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

If AP vouchers aren't eligible for FastPass+ by our next September's trip, I am going to cancel. We always take two trips on one pass, although I know Disney is pricing that option out of existence. We are staying 11 days so the price difference isn't that great. But if I'm not able to participate in their new system despite paying $600 per ticket for four people, and I'm forced to be in standby lines all 11 days, Disney will no longer be an option for us. I'll take our money elsewhere.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fast Pass Plus

Wow - this actually sounds like it is more of a negative than a plus for Disney visitors making it even more of a challenge to get a fast pass which would be a huge disappointment. Someone stated earlier in this thread that eventually the old fast pass system is going to be done away with completely. When is that estimated date?
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

For anyone ordering APs from WDW or DVC have them hold your APs at will call rather than mail a voucher. If you go on the MDE site they are now accepting will call confirmation numbers for APs and tickets. Last week people began reporting linking these numbers and getting FP+.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    For anyone ordering APs from WDW or DVC have them hold your APs at will call rather than mail a voucher. If you go on the MDE site they are now accepting will call confirmation numbers for APs and tickets. Last week people began reporting linking these numbers and getting FP+.
    VWL Mom, thank you for that great news. Sometimes I don't give Disney enough credit for making adjustments (improvements).
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they will block out walk-ins like they have with the 6 months Dining Plan Reservations. This may be a way that Disney management will know what resources are going to be used in advance, plan staff and funnel guests accordingly.
    These two pre-planning requirements will reduce our impulsive daily choices of what park to visit and where to eat.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: