Quantcast Home sales parties... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently stopped going to these parties. I I am with you on this. I get guilted into going then they get out of control, I end up feeling guilted into buying SOMETHING with the no money that I have, then I buy stuff I don't want or need with money I don't have. Then, the "hostess" that has one ends up having one every month for all different things, Athenas, Scentsy, Tupperware, Pampered Chef....now she just sent me another evite for some other stupid thing, I have recently decided to just start saying no to everything, I am broke as a joke and can't afford, leave me a lone with this stuff!!!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't go anymore. Everything, no matter what it is (jewelry, purses, Tupperware) is always very over priced. Add on top of that it's also nothing I usually need or want. Then you feel obligated to buy something, so you are searching the catalog madly for the smallest, cheapest item. And don't forget the confrontation to host your own party next. Ugh.

The last one I went to was a Pampered Chef party. Boy the was painful. Not only was it' the sales rep's 1st party/show, but she didn't know how to cook. And everything was geared toward fast microwave cooking which I do not do (other then to heat frozen foods). She struggled with the directions and every small step, even cutting vegetables was a challenge. Ugh. It lasted almost 4 hours and all I could think is this is 4 hours of my life I am never getting back. No more.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I avoid these home parties at all costs... and I agree that they have seen their time. Most of us Mom's are still running around with our kids activities until after 9pm.

I did go to a Tastefully Simple party a few months ago, and I thought was good for a few reasons... The sales consultant set up all of her dips and fun things all around the dining room and kitchen counter tops. You could mingle, talk to your friends and sample the various items, AND she had stuff there to sell. No shipping.
    It was a win/win.
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: