Quantcast Lap baby

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Lap baby

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lap baby

I'm wanting to change our CP package, but can't find a reservation for the slot wanted. We are a family of 5. There's a opening for 4, but not 5. If our youngest is turning 6 months on the trip, and would be sitting in one of our laps, can I make the ADR for 4, or do I have to make it for 5? I'm guessing I have to stick with 5, but I'd really like to change the time, if at all possible. If we have an ADR for 4, and walk up with 5 of us, will they turn us away?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to make it for the number of bodies present at the table, not the number of chairs you need. Sorry.

I don't know what will happen if you show up with 5 with a reservation for 4 for a special dinner package. Not sure. Maybe call the dining line to ask?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It's true. You have to make the reservation for five, even if one of party is an infant. They may let you in or they may turn you away.

We had a similar problem once and they did let us in and sat us but we did not try it at any of the specialty places. I can imagine that seating at a place like CRT is tight.

We booked our trip at the last minute and was during free dining so ADRs were impossible to find. We ate at some obsure places and they were mostly empty so it wasn't a big deal.

I did have to hold my son on my lap at the Coral Reef and it was not super relaxing to eat holding him. We had to take turns eating and holding the baby.

Are you really planning on eating every meal with an infant on your lap or is it just something that you are willing to do to get a table at CRT?
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post

Are you really planning on eating every meal with an infant on your lap or is it just something that you are willing to do to get a table at CRT?
    I don't think the OP said anything about dining at CRT. What the OP stated was "CP" package, which I am guessing is the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.

Not sure if they will turn you away or not. I don't think there would be a problem with the CP itself. Obviously a 6 month old won't occupy a seat. I guess it will just depend on the restaurant. Maybe just tell them you weren't aware you needed to include the infant when you made the reservation. Also keeping checking back, you never know when others might cancel.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

A situation that is best handled with phone call instead of online. If call is not helpful, keep reservations and show up anyway with the idea that of course a baby does not require a reservation.
    An example of being safer trying for forgiveness instead of permission.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneynarula View Post
    No. I have ADRs for 5 for all other planned meals. And this one is at Rose and Crown, but the CP package. Not that I mind him in my lap; I babywear, so he's quite often attached to me during meals.

I know the "rule" is a ressie for each person, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with bending the rules for a lap baby.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: