I guess I'll comment too. Looking through the posts, I think the advice you've received is 100% accurate, so I'll comment on the smaller things. The monorail is interesting because almost immediatley after leaving the [tommorrowland] station, you see all the hotels and restaurants (and congestion) on harbor blvd, you'll also see some nice views of CA Adventure. In DL, the Monorail is more of an attraction as opposed to WDW's where it's a transportation service. It does have a station near the back of DTD so it can be used as a mode of transportation.
Also, the tiki room has no preshow, but the nice thing about this attraction is that you can see when it's letting people in as you are walking by so there's no need to wait for it.
The Disneyland Railroad (which has 4 stations)has a display of (I believe) dinosaurs between the Tomorrowland and Main Street stations, also the trains are different, on one of them all the seats are sideways.

Also, as you already have your plans made I know the subject of overlays will not affect you, but let me comment on them anyway for future trips. The Haunted Mansion Holiday is just the best, if I'm there from Mid Jan-Early Sept, this is an attraction I'll probably only do once, but if I'm there Mid Sept-Early Jan I will do it several times. As for Space Mountain, I strongly prefer the normal ride to Ghost Galaxy, with that said I tend to plan my trips for either November or December. Small World Holiday I can take or leave, good ride, but the originals good too.