Quantcast Episode 56 - Go To Disneyland!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 56 - Go To Disneyland!

The INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast
    The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Christine Warner, Carol Robert, Gary O’Brien & John Yaglenski

- Harry Met Sally - John is turning in his man card.
    - The Girls went to Disneyland last podcast and tell their story.
    - Christine is blown away by Cars Land and how textured and layered Disneyland is.
    - Lots of crying there - Carol talks about Main Street and Christine teared up over the headboards
    - Disney’s America shout out - stupid rich people of Virginia
    - Run Disney left coast style and it was a hot mess according to Christine. Mel had less issues.
    - The Fresh Prince literally lives in Bel-Air
    - Christine was confused by Toad and said - Don’t do drugs!
    - Glow with the show coming to WDW
    - Pal Mickey
    - Take it or League It?
    - New Take it or Leave It Theme! SO AWESOME!!! Tonite’s topic - Paying for a specific resort view. Carol says - Take It… it’s only money! Gary agrees with Carol - and says Take It too! Christine says Take It as well. Mel says in general - Leave It cause we’re cheap! John finally gets to go and says LEAVE IT!
    - John wants socks every day
    - We try to connect with Maria K from the INTERCOT boards who gives us her first hand experiences with MyMagicBand+. She wonders how you might be able to ride with local friends or family who can’t use the bands once the old FastPass system is gone. Park hopping is discouraged by the way things are set up. What happens if a ride is closed or down due to inclement weather? Do you get that one of your 3 passes back? Wrist band key and payment wise, there is a lot to like. Maria proves John right - NO ONE will cancel their fast passes and put them back into the system. INTERCOT Consulting says - BLING - bump and transfer your fast passes to someone else.
    - Quick hit topics… Starbucks at Fountainview is now open. No seating - grab and go. Some coming to Downtown Disney as well.
    - California Grill Re-Opens
    - Princess Fairytale Hall opening as well
    - Gary’s Random Tips - Wet Towels
    - #RT4AT - ReTweet for a Tee - to celebrate the final month of ICOT 15.

>> Listen, Download, Love, Savor the flavor...
    Last edited by John; 10-01-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're cheap!

And yes.....go to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    And yes.....go to Disneyland!
    Eh...I'd would want to go more often if it wasn't in Southern California. I've been to Disneyland a few times, and I do enjoy it, but there is very little else I like in Southern California. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend those who love it there. I know just as many people who dislike where I live or the East Coast in general. It's just different strokes for different folks. I just don't have the desire to fly across the country that often to just spend a few days in Disneyland.

Good podcast, though, folks!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Eh...I'd would want to go more often if it wasn't in Southern California. I've been to Disneyland a few times, and I do enjoy it, but there is very little else I like in Southern California. Sorry, I'm not trying to offend those who love it there. I know just as many people who dislike where I live or the East Coast in general. It's just different strokes for different folks. I just don't have the desire to fly across the country that often to just spend a few days in Disneyland.

Good podcast, though, folks!
    Blasphemy.

Actually, I had that attitude (you know, the Jersey one) too when I first moved to CA. After a couple years, my tune changed drastically. So Cal is paradise. For real.

Can't wait to listen to the podcast!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Is Christine going to burst into flames for saying that? Is she even allowed to say that? Can we get a ruling from the Disney Fan Rulebook?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny, Christine - aside from going to the ocean, we're very content spending the entire week at the parks. Doesn't matter what else is there. I never stray off site when in Florida either. If it weren't for Disney World I'd NEVER go to Florida.

She can say what she wants, Gary. She's just wrong.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

She can say what she wants, Gary. She's just wrong.

You know I still love all you guys, right ?!

For the record, I don't dislike all of California; if I could afford it, I would live in the San Francisco Bay area in a heartbeat!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry

I am so sorry that my file wouldn't play. It wasn't very good but thought it would be at least worth a listen. I am so no computer savy enough to create anything good. was done on my very simple netbook. It was done with the price is right music in the background. The theme song that was done by our neigbors to the north was wayyy better than mine.
    Thanks for the shout out tho!!!!
    Maybe next time.
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

"This is the theme to take it or leave it. It's Intercot's take it or leave it. Johnny called me up and asked me to create a theme song..."

Awesome. And stuck in my head ALL DAY so far.

Great podcast! I loved hearing about Disneyland!!! "Layered" is the perfect descriptor for it. It totally is layered.

As for my Take it or Leave it:

LEAVE it. Mostly. I guess I'm going along with Gary and saying that it depends on the circumstances of the trip and the resort. In general, I will always pay for a preferred building at the moderates or values. At most resorts, I don't care about the view. I actually prefer the quieter "garden view" over water views. Water views generally come with boat horns early in the morning.

And, Carol, sorry, but it's often WAY more than $15/day for an upgraded view. At some resorts, like CR, Poly, YC/BC, BWI, the difference can be in the hundreds (per night) between standard and premium view. We opt for Club Level over an upgraded view most times. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want something tangible for it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah . I was talking about the preferred buildings. I'm sure they're more than that now too. Nonetheless, Take It - It's only money.

Post Thanks / Like

Fav quote in this podcast.....

Forget it, she's rolling...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, no and its not over now !!!!
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyB View Post
    Fav quote in this podcast.....

Forget it, she's rolling...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, no and its not over now !!!!
    LOL! Was that John when we had to 'redo' our introduction to our Take It or Leave It song?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrific Job!

I was laughing out loud in my cubicle. Carol was excellent.

The theme song is great.

My vote: Take it.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Gary on the Take It or Leave It. Depending on what kind of trip I'm planning, I may want a better view, other trips I'm not gonna care.

Glad you guys liked the theme! My hubby Roy and I made the music on Garage Band, Carolyn wrote the lyrics and her hubby Mike sang the tune. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had it stuck In my head all day!

As for Disneyland, I've never been (you're not alone Gary!) BUT it's definitely on my "To-Do" list. I've planned so many trips there in my head....now I just need to find the money to do it for real!! My worry is that I'll fall in love with it and I'll feel like I'm cheating on my beloved Disney World. LOL!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post

As for Disneyland, I've never been BUT it's definitely on my "To-Do" list. My worry is that I'll fall in love with it and I'll feel like I'm cheating on my beloved Disney World. LOL!
    I was scared of that too- what actually happened was I came home and slapped my beloved Walt Disney World upside the head and said with a scowl, "why can't you be more like your older sister!?"
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I was scared of that too- what actually happened was I came home and slapped my beloved Walt Disney World upside the head and said with a scowl, "why can't you be more like your older sister!?"
    Awesome!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I came home and slapped my beloved Walt Disney World upside the head and said with a scowl, "why can't you be more like your older sister!?"
    LOL !

Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely go to Disneyland some day. Jennsky and I have plans when the kids are a little older. It's a long flight from way up here in the north!
    As for paying extra for a Preferred View/Building I say LEAVE IT. I haven't ever paid extra... only once was I given a complimentary upgrade to a preferred location at Caribbean Beach Resort which was nice, but unnecessary for us. I feel the same as John: I'm rarely in my room except to sleep so it's no big deal for me to do a little extra walking. PLUS, we usually have our car there so I don't mind being close to a parking lot.
    Now, with that said, when I am staying in a Standard Room I will make a request to stay in the closest standard building to the main hall (where the food courts, etc. are) but in all honesty, if I don't get my request it's not the end of the world.

One time, I stayed one night at ASMusic with my son - we were just staying there one night until we checked in at Fort Wilderness the next day. We were put in the very furthest building, in the very last room at the very back of the building! It was hilarious -- like the room hadn't been used in AGES!!! The shampoos and soaps were all the old red & black style bottles... it was like being in a time warp!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Take it, take it, take it! If I could afford to I would stay club level, and theme park views every time. I would never stay at caribbean beach without a preferred room again, we have booked a pirate room and a royal room in the past. there are some views I wouldn't care to pay extra for (water/lake views) but overall (not just at Disney) I will pay extra for certain views.

Also, maybe this is just a glitch in the MDE site/app where I have already completed a stay using the magicbands/fp+, but we have our AP's linked to the account and I can still book FP+ now, for like whenever I want and I don't currently have an onsite stay booked. So perhaps if you have an AP you will still be able to book FP+'s, you just wont get them on a magicband without staying onsite. Also, we used the bands/fp+ while staying on DVC points just like you would for a regular hotel stay, no difference.
    Apr 2007 - ASMu
    Apr 2008 - Offsite
    Nov 2009 - ASMu
    Feb 2011 - CBR
    Aug 2011 - ASMu
    Aug 2012 - POFQ
    Sept 2013 - POR/AKV
    Mar 2014 - AKV
    Aug 2014 - AKV
    June 2015 - VGC/Aulani
    Nov 2015 - POP
    Aug 2016 - CSR/AKV
    Oct 2017 - AKV/BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Great episode everyone! Carol was on fire that night, so quick with the one liners.

I say LEAVE IT. I have only stayed at Value and never paid for a preferred location. Even when I had a 90's room at POP the walk to the bus stop and food court was under 10 minutes (for me, in my late 20's and no kids, strollers, etc.). But for some families like in Christine's example at the larger resorts I could see where a preferred location would be...well...preferred!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: