Quantcast Split-Stay Planning Help

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Split-Stay Planning Help

In the early stages of planning an October 2014 stay. This would include my wife and 2 kids (6, and 1) and my wife's parents. My wife's parents are only planning on staying for 3-4 nights, we are planning on staying a few nights longer.

I have been analyzing point charts to see which option would work best for us, but since this is only our 2nd DVC trip, was hoping for some advice.

I have a max of 219 points for this trip, this does include some borrowing. Here is what we are currently thinking.

Option 1: Reserve a 2 bedroom for 3 nights, looking at Wilderness Lodge hopefully. Also open to BLT, but we have stayed here before and are looking for something new. We would like to stay in the MK area.

Once her parents leave, we would transfer to a studio,hopefully at the GF if available. Would really like to check that out. If not, would be fine with WL or BLT Looking to stay an additional 4 nights if possible.

Option 2: 2 separate reservations, studio for 3 nights for parents, studio for 7 for us. This would eliminate the need to switch resorts. The points are about the same compared to Option 1.

What would you do? Neither of these are our home resort, so we will be at the mercy of the 7 month window. Worried about availability if we went option 2.

Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Split Stay

Personally, I don't think I would do a split stay at two separate resorts. But I'm one of those people who don't want to waste time packing up, checking in, unpacking (11 AM checkout 4 PM checkin, etc.) so if I did split stay, I would keep it at one place.

I love BLT and never stayed at Wilderness, so I can't advise you there.

I would do 2 studios. I think you'll be better off with that at a 7 month window.

JMO
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Have you asked your wife which she prefers? Does she want her parents close or does she prefer to keep them separate?

Traveling with a one year old I would prefer the kitchen and washer dryer...it makes life so much easier. So I would go with the 2 bedroom/studio combo. If you request a two bedroom lock off you pretty much have the same setup as a studio/one bedroom setup so you can close the door when you've had enough of them There's also a chance that you could just keep the studio part when they leave rather than changing rooms. If this is the route you choose be sure to have MS link them for you and again when you arrive.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

If you go for two studios they may not be near each other. Something else to think about - because BLT has a sleeper chair you could all actually fit in a 1 bedroom (the 1 year old being in the cot). It has two bathrooms which is another plus.

I have done lots of split stays and it is nice to try the different places but also nice to stay put. If the GF was available for your alone time I would probably go for it.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Neither my wife or her parents care if we split a 2BR or Studio.

I think it will just come down to what's available at the 7 month mark. Not sure what is likely to more available, 2 studios or the split.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: