Quantcast Some Rumors to Discuss

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Rumors to Discuss

Well, a few rumors have hit the internet, and I must say, they are worthy of discussion just to point out that, if they wind up true (remember, rumors are just rumors and even if true, things change all the time in the theme park industry... so what's true today may not be true tomorrow) shows just how dumb TDO really is, and how much of a joke WDW has become.. Anyway, on to the rumors (again, from good sources, but as always, take with a grain of salt)...

We all know Imagination is closing... Everyone has heard January... but no one knows why... People assume it is for a major refurbishment, possibly a whole new Imagination pavilion... well, rumor to hit the net this weekend was, Imagination is indeed shutting its doors, but not in January like once thought... it will close in 2014 and stay closed... Why? to save on labor and maintenance costs... So no Imagination pavilion... no new attraction... no more Figment...

Soarin is rumored to be getting that third theater which has been discussed many times before... There is room for a 3rd theater, and will not be the reason Imagination is closing...

World Showcase will get a new pavilion, but not what you think... No, not another country... The open space over by Normay is rumored to become a Princess meet and greet hall, similar to what just opened recently at MK... Frozen's princesses will be the headlining the meet and greet...

Wishes will end its run late 2015, early 2016...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, so those are the rumors... Which ones are likely to happen?

My opinion, I think three of the four are likely... I cannot for the life of me understand the princess meet and greet in World Showcase... I hope this one is more misinformation and the person got the information wrong... Just doesn't make sense... But then again, this is TDO... This is WDW... nothing makes sense in WDW anymore... Then again, anything princess related is right out of TDO's playbook... They cannot seem to do anything in WDW without it being tied to princesses...

As for Imagination closing, this is right out of TDO's playbook too... Closing pavilions, letting them rot... That is typical and expected....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

If these are true, what a shame. Was really hoping for a new version of Figment and The Dreamfinder. With all the new technology they could install, who knows what it would look like.
    76 CR,80 Offsite,82 CR, 85 Offsite, 88/89 GF,
    91 Dolphin, 93 DxL,94 WL,94 POLY,
    97 Offsite, 99 CSR, 02 ASMo, 03/04 ASMo
    04 POR, 05 POR, 08 POR, 10 ASMu FS,
    12 ASMu FS, 14 ASMo,
    POR, 15 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Okay seems like the goal is to eventually shutdown FW and just have WS. I hate to throw the Walt's dream thing around but really, I know he was a business man out to make a profit but he also wanted to provide entertainment for the public in a safe clean environment. Come on TDO less is not more
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

sad news if it is true
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Oy! Save on labor. To have more in their pockets!! They sure seem to be booming more now, so it's not like they can't afford the labor
    I agree it needs some kind of overhaul, but not total closure. Boo.

Meet in greets in WS. They've done a few here and there, but I don't like this addition if it's true. It will make the area seem less "worldly". We need more culture rich additions. Go to MK if you want an OD on characters.

Soarin. Doesn't really bother me either way.

By 2016, they need a new night time themed show anyway to replace Wishes. IMO, those themes/show need changed every 4-5 years anyway.

Okay, think I covered it. This may have been the most mouthy on such things that I've gotten in awhile
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Closed pavilions are such a bad move. I hope that doesn't happen, though I could see it happening. It just looks so sad to see the whole area inactive and overgrown. It's a mood killer.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    We all know Imagination is closing... Everyone has heard January... but no one knows why... People assume it is for a major refurbishment, possibly a whole new Imagination pavilion... well, rumor to hit the net this weekend was, Imagination is indeed shutting its doors, but not in January like once thought... it will close in 2014 and stay closed... Why? to save on labor and maintenance costs... So no Imagination pavilion... no new attraction... no more Figment...
    OK, I can get the closure for a major overhaul - maybe gut the whole place and start fresh - but not permanent. The only reason to close it permanently would be to raze the building and put - in the words of Monty Python - something new and different in the space.

Soarin is rumored to be getting that third theater which has been discussed many times before... There is room for a 3rd theater, and will not be the reason Imagination is closing...
    A third theater for Soarin' would be nice to cut down on some of the wait times. It would also allow them to rotate through the theaters for routine, and sometimes more than routine, maintenance without closing the whole thing. In the event that they (finally) get to do another 'Over California' type film, this could be a staging/test theater before rolling the film out to the other two.

World Showcase will get a new pavilion, but not what you think... No, not another country... The open space over by Normay is rumored to become a Princess meet and greet hall, similar to what just opened recently at MK... Frozen's princesses will be the headlining the meet and greet...
    With the addition of the 'staged' meet and greets in the MK, I could see this as being a net positive. Cut down on the lines waiting near the different pavilions and allow for FP+ scheduling. I am not a meet and greet person, and have seen the lines around World Showcase get out of control. Certain ones even block access to shade and seating around the lagoon.

Wishes will end its run late 2015, early 2016...
    It would be sad to see Wishes go, but change is inevitable and not necessarily bad. The big thing with this would be what they would have as replacement and how long it would be between shows. I really don't think MK could, or should, go without an evening fireworks spectacular.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Closing the IMAGINATIONS Pavilion, if permanent, is indeed a sorry testament to EPCOT. By the way, exactly what or who is TDO? I haven't been to INTERCOT in a long time....working for a living can be a real drag. Anyways, I had just a few minutes to check in and I see this.

The worst thing about the changes to FW is that neither my child, son-in-law or my grandchildren will have the awesome adventures of Horizons, World of Motion, Wonders of Life, now, perhaps, IMAGINATION. I think some of us may take for granted the truly unique experiences we enjoyed at EPCOT twenty years ago or so. The closing of these famous exhibits in the name of "thrill" rides is indeed sad.

There are many things happening around us in the name of lower costs and greater profit. I absolutely do not mind anyone's earning profits through hard work...isn't that the way it's supposed to be? But at some point, we do our jobs and we do them well because we take pride in our work. The Bible asks us to do all things as unto the Lord - that is, just do your best. Where did this way of living go?

Sorry for the down in the dumps, but this just caps a rotten day called Monday. Thanks for letting me "vent" a little. I will do better tomorrow as I hope for all my INTERCOT friends.

R
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time...and for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. We now have the ability and the responsibility to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us, to create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawleyPlatoon View Post
    Closing the IMAGINATIONS Pavilion, if permanent, is indeed a sorry testament to EPCOT. By the way, exactly what or who is TDO? I haven't been to INTERCOT in a long time....working for a living can be a real drag. Anyways, I had just a few minutes to check in and I see this.
    TDO = Team Disney Orlando, the management team which runs the resort...

Post Thanks / Like

No more Imagination would really stink. I don't mind the idea of making major changes but it is a great area and my family loves it. We play with the jumping water every visit to EPCOT.We ride the ride and play in the sub par playground. It is a great concept; one little spark of imagination has endless possibilities. I would love for them to make the place really imaginative. Get Crayola to sponsor it! Re-open the upstairs too!

Meet and Greet? BOO I miss the days when characters roamed the park. I understand why they can not anymore but the last thing I want is another carboard cut out meet and greet.

Soaring gettting antother theatre- great.
    4 screens- make two different shows.

Wishes going- OK just make the next show just as spectactular!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....so boring....Not impressed with any of these rumors...

Another princess meet and greet. (I'm not opposed to them, after all Disney and kids go hand and hand), but come on, do we really need another one.

Empty buildings at a theme park is laziness and doesn't go over well with park guests, especially with the limited attractions at EPCOT already, and the extremely long lines with their new FP+ system.

None of the new "additions" in the last years have impressed me. With all the new technology they should be hitting home runs with each change, but they are not. They just keep using the same tired old ideas. I like the Ariel attraction (it's cute) but it's just an upgraded Nemo ride. Nothing new.

The last attraction that excited me was Soarin.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

What needs to happen for the Imagination Pavilion to stay open is to find new sponsorship to replace the loss of Kodak. As has been said numerous times on this board, Walt Disney relied on sponsorship for his attractions ever since Disneyland was opened. That is especially true for Epcot. The countries are fine as many get money from the host country. So long as none of the countries go out of business, they'll be fine . Future World relies on corporate sponsors, which are becoming more difficult to find. If I remember correctly, there are 2 pavilions in Future World without sponsors, Universe of Energy and Imagination (possibly the Seas with Nemo and Friends as well?). Probably the Imagination pavilion costs more to run.

I'm not condoning their actions; I'm just floating out a possible theory if the rumor is true. I would be interested to hear ideas for possible new sponsors for the Imagination Pavilion.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    What needs to happen for the Imagination Pavilion to stay open is to find new sponsorship to replace the loss of Kodak. As has been said numerous times on this board, Walt Disney relied on sponsorship for his attractions ever since Disneyland was opened. That is especially true for Epcot. The countries are fine as many get money from the host country. So long as none of the countries go out of business, they'll be fine . Future World relies on corporate sponsors, which are becoming more difficult to find. If I remember correctly, there are 2 pavilions in Future World without sponsors, Universe of Energy and Imagination (possibly the Seas with Nemo and Friends as well?). Probably the Imagination pavilion costs more to run.

I'm not condoning their actions; I'm just floating out a possible theory if the rumor is true. I would be interested to hear ideas for possible new sponsors for the Imagination Pavilion.
    As cool as Apple would be as a sponsor (They certainly have the cash), I'm not sure how Figment with iDevices would go over.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Default All done

So sad to what Disneys become. Back in the eighties they seemed like they cared. Now, no more skyway, cable cars, swan boats. Just more stores and meet and greets. It's become a money grab. I think I'm done for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Lake View Post
    If these are true, what a shame. Was really hoping for a new version of Figment and The Dreamfinder. With all the new technology they could install, who knows what it would look like.
    Couldn't have said it better! My thoughts exactly. Figment and dreamfinder are a great combo and I wish they would bring the old version back

82 days!!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard other rumors about the Imagination pavilion that are more along the lines of bringing back the original ride and Imageworks area. I would assume any rumors of a closure are so that work can be done here. Personally, I think it is currently one of the weirdest and worst rides at WDW and I welcome ANY change there.

No on the princess M&G idea. Just...no. Enough already!

And yes on Wishes replacement. It's about 10 years overdue. Hope they bring in some of Disneyland's fireworks show elements.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Personally, I think it is currently one of the weirdest and worst rides at WDW and I welcome ANY change there.
    I'd still rather have that than another closed pavilion.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

TDO = Team Disney Orlando, the management team which ruins the resort...
    Fixed it for you...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    I'd still rather have that than another closed pavilion.
    Honestly, I wouldn't. We never go in there anymore so it wouldn't make a difference at this point. Although, generally, the idea of shutting down a pavilion and just letting it rot is something I'm against.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: