Quantcast how long before Maelstrom becomes 'Frozen' - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Disney needs to put Frozen the ride in EPCOT Norway!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeany031 View Post
    I think that Disney needs to put Frozen the ride in EPCOT Norway!

......and ...I think that Disney needs to put a 'Frozen' ride (if there were to be one) ...in Magic Kingdom's ...Fantasy Land.

....since the story is based on some person's fantasies and ideas ....and a whole lot of computer animation magic.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Then again, Walt's original plan for Disneyland was to have the castle by Snow White's castle in homage to the first feature length cartoon. Instead, it was changed to Sleeping Beauty Castle as a tie-in to the movie that was about to be released.

Don't think for ONE SECOND that Walt Disney was not about total promotion of his movies and cartoons in his parks.

He wanted Mickey Mouse, et al, to be the mascot of the parks and was told NOT to do that because if the park failed, it would mean the failure of those characters. So, Jiminy Cricket and Tinkerbell were used.

The park may have been sparked by the idea of a place where families could go together and he may have loved tinkering and exploring new ideas, but the park promoted his movies and TV shows and the TV shows and movies promoted his park.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but no one knows what Walt would have done now and speculating on it in a way to propose you have personal knowledge on what Walt would or wouldn't do is, frankly, kind of weird.

We all love Walt and the parks he dreamed up and made real and I'm sure there's some incentive to stay true to Walt's original ideals... but this whole version of Epcot was not what Walt had even planned when he came up with the EPCOT concept. And that doesn't mean it's wrong. His business thrives today because people have carried on with it long after his death. But no one knows what Walt would have really made of it, let alone if he would have preferred characters and movies to be promoted there. It's a far different park than the Magic Kingdom with different concepts in execution and expectations.

One thing I'm sure the current executives are always considering is how to increase profit. The tricky part with Epcot and especially World Showcase is probably how to bring in families with kids but still attract the crowd that enjoys the more adult aspects of World Showcase.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Yes, but no one knows what Walt would have done now and speculating on it in a way to propose you have personal knowledge on what Walt would or wouldn't do is, frankly, kind of weird.

We all love Walt and the parks he dreamed up and made real and I'm sure there's some incentive to stay true to Walt's original ideals... but this whole version of Epcot was not what Walt had even planned when he came up with the EPCOT concept. And that doesn't mean it's wrong. His business thrives today because people have carried on with it long after his death. But no one knows what Walt would have really made of it, let alone if he would have preferred characters and movies to be promoted there. It's a far different park than the Magic Kingdom with different concepts in execution and expectations.

One thing I'm sure the current executives are always considering is how to increase profit. The tricky part with Epcot and especially World Showcase is probably how to bring in families with kids but still attract the crowd that enjoys the more adult aspects of World Showcase.
    .....your last paragraph sums up an underlying feeling that I have about Epcot. I understand that Disney World on the surface, appears to be all about the kiddies.... and of course we know that marketing will be directed toward those kids in huge doses. However, the children do not go to Disney World all by themselves. Personally, I feel that after a day, or several days, in parks that bombard you with cartoon characters and movie cross-promotions .....that someplace that is more "adult" is needed to cleanse the "frazzled mature mind".

....that does not mean that Epcot cannot be enjoyed by children. Heck ...from trip #1 ...my youngest daughter (then 8 yrs old) ...made Epcot her favorite park.

......sometimes ....it doesn't have to be "all about the children".
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    .....your last paragraph sums up an underlying feeling that I have about Epcot. I understand that Disney World on the surface, appears to be all about the kiddies.... and of course we know that marketing will be directed toward those kids in huge doses. However, the children do not go to Disney World all by themselves. Personally, I feel that after a day, or several days, in parks that bombard you with cartoon characters and movie cross-promotions .....that someplace that is more "adult" is needed to cleanse the "frazzled mature mind".

....that does not mean that Epcot cannot be enjoyed by children. Heck ...from trip #1 ...my youngest daughter (then 8 yrs old) ...made Epcot her favorite park.

Now that IS a great point and I agree on that! And makes much more sense when put like that.
    Which is one of the reasons I particularly love WS in EPCOT! We do many a girl's day there!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    Epcot started from Walt's city (the downtown section would have looked a lot like FutureWorld, although we didn't get the glass dome), but Walt's city started from the '64 NYC World's Fair. I'd been to the Vancouver '86 World's Fair three years before I went to old-school Epcot for the first time, so when I got there, I knew exactly what Horizons, World of Motion and World Showcase were aiming for.
    It's partly because of Epcot that we've never had a World's Fair since then (who wants to build an entire theme park and then intentionally tear it down a year later?), but you can tell the folks who are too young to be in on the joke, when they say "It's too boring, we need more rides and Disney!" Vancouver didn't, and they had one spiral coaster.
    ......I actually went to the last NY Worlds Fair in '65 .....rode on Carousel of Progress .....the Ford Skyway (convertible Ford cars going thru Disney engineered audio animatronics ...dinosaurs ...cavemen ...etc). No real 'rides' .....like World Showcase ....but still enjoyable.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post

I agree. Ive experienced WDW in all aspects of my live, from a child in the 70s when there was just MK, to graduation from college when there was Epcot also, to being married and HS was added. to being married again...and again...with AK added. and after with a potential fourth wife..
    I do miss PI though..
    theres no reason it cant appeal to all ages
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't think anyone believes WDW is under any obligation to add Frozen, but it would certainly make sense if they did. However, great point about their history of moving really slowly on this stuff. Would they even be capable of adding Frozen elements any time soon? What would be considered "soon"?

We love Epcot and wandering around WS too. The girls sometimes got bored when they were little, but I never remember there being much of a to-do about it. We did the KidCot stops and the rides to keep them happy. It is nice to have something that's more for the grown ups. However, adding Frozen takes nothing away from all the things I already love about WS. You could have a ride there that kids enjoy (and they already do) without taking away from the things that appeal to adults.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1818204

Here is a good reason why Disney should incorporate Frozen into the Norway pavilion.

Post Thanks / Like

Writing from the American Adventure waiting area at Epcot btw. I love Frozen. Wonderful film. Regardless of whether it takes place in Norway does not mean it in any way captures the culture of the people of Norway. Frozen was meant to entertain an American audience and everything in it minus the architecture and location is American. WS is designed to introduce people to different cultures. To give them the belief thAt they are actually inside that country. For years Disney has taken away everything that makes it realistic and makes it a commercialized cartoon
    1995-ASSp, 2000-offsite, 2001-ASMo, 2002-WL, 2003-ASmo-POR-Poly, 2004-Pop, 2005-CS,Pop,CBR, 2006-WL,Pop, 2007-POR, 2008-Ctp

Beam me up, Scotty!

Post Thanks / Like

With no FP+ available for Maelstrom after Sept. 28, rumors are ramping up to fever pitch that a Frozen attraction is coming to Norway.

I have a lot of feelings on this one, and pros for both sides. But overall, even though I'm definitely a Frozen fan, I wish they'd just update the film, give the attraction a face lift, and leave Frozen out of it. I'm not against having a Frozen presence in Norway (maybe having Anna & Elsa appear at Akerhaus, or have a more specific greet area than the gift shop), but I am not in favor of the main attraction featuring an animated film. This goes for any of the World Showcase pavilions, as I've said before.

For now, we'll just have to wait and see how Disney moves forward with the Frozen phenomenon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    With no FP+ available for Maelstrom after Sept. 28, rumors are ramping up to fever pitch that a Frozen attraction is coming to Norway.

I have a lot of feelings on this one, and pros for both sides. But overall, even though I'm definitely a Frozen fan, I wish they'd just update the film, give the attraction a face lift, and leave Frozen out of it. I'm not against having a Frozen presence in Norway (maybe having Anna & Elsa appear at Akerhaus, or have a more specific greet area than the gift shop), but I am not in favor of the main attraction featuring an animated film. This goes for any of the World Showcase pavilions, as I've said before.

For now, we'll just have to wait and see how Disney moves forward with the Frozen phenomenon.
    Intercot on FB just posted a picture of the limited time Maelstrom tshirt (Thanks for posting because I just purchased one!) ... so this just fuels the rumors.

I'm all for adding new attractions and I think Future World could definitely use some love, but I really hate the idea of Frozen taking over Maelstrom ... it doesn't fit, just like Donald Duck doesn't fit in Mexico.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Intercot on FB just posted a picture of the limited time Maelstrom tshirt (Thanks for posting because I just purchased one!) ... so this just fuels the rumors.

I'm all for adding new attractions and I think Future World could definitely use some love, but I really hate the idea of Frozen taking over Maelstrom ... it doesn't fit, just like Donald Duck doesn't fit in Mexico.
    how does the three caballeros not fit in mexico? granted the original ride was better. Im with you that the maelstrom should stay the same way but it does need a refurb especially around the trolls area but that might be why fp isn't available at that time
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's the way rumors get fueled--With nitro.

"But they put out a commemorative t-shirt, that PROVES that they want to memorialize it before the end!"
    So, by that logic, guess that means they're about to tear down the Haunted Mansion any minute now?

Also, one reason for El Rio's change was that Mexico complained that the Pesky Merchants ("No, wait sir, come back!"), while in fun, was too offensive a stereotype.
    Remember, the countries still have the final say. Maybe they "don't pay attention" nowadays, but it's in the contract.
    ......pesky merchants? I'm guessing those that complained ....haven't been to Cozumel lately. 'Pesky' ......is a polite way of putting it.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

About FP+, are the other attractions available to be selected after Sept 27th?

As for Frozen in Maelstrom, yes, we have said for a while now this is happening... Of course, some doubted... Calling it, what, internet fanboy dreams and wishes or something silly like that?

Facts are, Frozen is taking over Maelstrom... Even though it doesn't fit and is a slap in the face to the people of Norway..

Oh, and um unless the country is sponsoring the pavilion, they DON'T have a say... Norway has no sponsor, and the government doesn't seem to want to pony the money up for it... Despite the fact that Disney would remove their culture for an American movie based on a Dutch fairy tale, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with Norway...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

Facts are, Frozen is taking over Maelstrom...
    For real???

-Disappointed in Texas
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    But, it isn't just Donald Duck... The Three Caballeros are: Donald Duck (United States), Jose Carioca (Brazil), and Panchito Pistoles (Mexico)... In the movie, during one of the segments, Panchito takes Donald on a flying carpet tour of Mexico...

Now, want to say the way they represent the characters do not fit? Ok, I'll agree... it is more about finding Donald then showcasing Mexico... They could have done to the attraction what is done in the movie... Take the guests on a site seeing tour of Mexico, showing the riders Mexican culture... instead of trying to follow Donald's escapades...

I mean, I guess, in a way, they do that, but attention is put more on the characters than it should be... Actually, they shouldn't be in the ride at all... But is they are going to be, they should be used to teach about the country's culture... Not be the focal point of the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    For real???

-Disappointed in Texas
    Unfortunately, yes... The question is what will the ride consist of... Will it be a retelling of Frozen or would it just be the characters added in but still be about Norway and their culture...

The rumored changes include removing the mural in the queue as that would become the first show scene... The queue itself would be reconfigured... And the theater possibly being eliminated...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping things don't turn out as badly here as that other board.
    They won't, and not sure what leads you to believe they ever would. This isn't the 'other' board.

The more frequent talk of posters/members on other boards, how those boards operate and what's allowed/not allowed to happen there, etc. is getting kind of old, and is Keep it relevant, folks!

Fact is, nothing has been confirmed by Disney and at this point the only facts are a t-shirt was released and there are no FP available after a certain date. Speculate as you wish, but there is nothing firm yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Change is exciting but sometimes disappointing and I love Maelstrom, though it's so short. I'm not entirely against the idea if it's done right. So once again, I will try to think positive, and maybe there's nothing to this anyway... time will tell.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: