Quantcast MyMagic+ Rollout to be accelerated. - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Maybe they should just do away with FP all together?
    That would be just fine with me. The parks lasted 30 years or more with no Fastpass and people got along swimmingly.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    Well everyone, I keep reading all your posts and I just can't help but think that if you continue to look on the dark side all you will see is the dark side.

Once the full roll out is complete and the legacy FP is gone I believe you will see shorter standby lines (with the exception being holiday crowds) and the whole thing will become something excellent.

I personally don't think it's some dastardly plan of Disney to make me spend more money in the stores...I spend plenty there already. Maybe they should just do away with FP all together?
    ....I'm sure this has been addressed here before ...but, when Bob Iger is talking about the roll-out of My Magic Plus in their 5/7/13 earnings report conference call ...and says: "You can expect that it will create a better experience, and with that we believe people will spend more time at our parks and ultimately deliver more business per guest.

And the Disney CFO Jay Rasulo says the following in response to the above:

"We have known for a really long time that getting our visitors to Walt Disney World to make decisions about where they spend their time before they leave home is a powerful driver of visits per guest. When they get into the Orlando market and their time isn't yet planned, they can be subject to everything you see down there, which is a lot of in-city marketing for all the many products that people have put there to basically bleed off the feed that we fundamentally motivate.

So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet. So that's one thing for you guys to think about. And the second thing is what happens to purchases when they become much more convenient, and you don't spend time queuing up for a transaction, queuing up to get in the park, and you actually have more time to enjoy the entertainment and, subsequently, spend more money doing things that are other than standing in line, which, of course, you can't spend any money while you're doing that."

.....it's definitely a plan to manage YOUR time ...to get you to spend more of YOUR MONEY.

...and this is not my opinion ...I just cut & pasted the transcript passages.

...don't know if I'd call the truth "dastardly" (it reminds me too much of that snickering cartoon dog) ...I'd just say that the truth about the system is just that ...the truth ...as pretty clearly stated by those in charge.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP Review

I was so angry about FP+ when I first heard about it. As an AP holder, not being part of the roll out really bothered me, and I felt like we were going to be gypped.

Because we booked three nights at FW over New Years, we were able to be part of the test group. I REFUSED to make plans for rides ahead of time, so we did all of our reservations on the day of our visits to the four parks. We were never UNable to get the fast passes that we wanted. We were able to make changes on the fly and adjust our FPs if the stand by lines weren't too bad.

There were some technical glitches where some of our kids' bands would disappear from our planning tool, but that's just a glitch.

We were also annoyed with the limit of 3 fast passes per day, but I have to say, even at the very busiest time of the year, we were able to get on every ride/attraction that we wanted to get on each day.

My biggest complaint about the magic bands is that the Jibbitz decorations fall out too easily on the kids' bracelets. We lost about 5/8 of those little suckers!

Truly, I was so cynical and dying to hate FP+, but I have to say it was pretty cool.
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: