Quantcast Disney Credit Card

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Credit Card

Hi everyone. I am trying to plan a last minute trip to Disney and notice every time I am on the Disney site a credit card offer for either the Disney Premier Visa or the Disney Rewards Visa. Does anyone think that they are worth getting and if so is one of them better than the other. It looks like they both offer perks while in the parks but not sure if one would be better. Thanks for your help. I haven't been to Disney since 2008 and I feel like so much has changed, I'm trying to give myself a crash course in Disney Planning 101!!
    1996 Off site
    2000 Off site for Honeymoon
    2005 Off site
    2006 All Star Sports
    2008 POR
    2014 POR
    2019 POR Royal Room

Next Trip - November 2020 Riviera Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We decided to upgrade to the premium for the added benefits. The 2% on groceries and gasoline makes the card pay for itself times over. I also like being able to use the points as a credit towards airfare charged to the card.

You have to run the numbers to see if it will benefit your situation, it may not be worth it for a family of one or two but in our case a family of four with four drivers is definitely worth the $49. As an aside though, I do send payment at the end of each week for the groceries and gas. To let that accumulate could cause one heck of a surprise at the end of the month.

Card benefits:
    Disney Rewards Visa Card
    • $50 Disney Gift Card after first use of the credit card
    • 1% in rewards dollars on all card purchases (that means you will get $1 per every $100 you charge)
    • No limit to how many reward dollars you can earn.
    • Redeem your rewards for most everything Disney including your vacation to the theme parks, Disney tickets, Disney dining, and more
    • 10% off your purchase at select stores at the Disney Parks (always ask if there is a minimum)
    • Exclusive Meet ‘N’ Greet at both Disney World (Epcot) and Disneyland
    • 0% interest on your Disney Vacation Package

Disney Premier Visa Card
    • $49 Annual Fee (you will need to charge $4900 at 1% or $2450 at 2% to break even on this fee)
    • 2% in rewards dollars on card purchases at restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores and
    • 1% in rewards dollars on all card purchases (that means you will get $1 per every $100 you charge)
    • No limit to how many reward dollars you can earn.
    • Redeem your rewards for most everything Disney including your vacation to the theme parks, Disney tickets, Disney dining, and more
    • Redeem your rewards for airline tickets
    • 10% off your purchase at select stores at the Disney Parks (always ask if there is a minimum)
    • Exclusive Meet ‘N’ Greet at both Disney World (Epcot) and Disneyland
    • 0% interest on your Disney Vacation Package
    • And much more!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I love our card! I ended up getting the Premier card after we got back from our trip in February. So far I have almost $300 in rewards points. By the time we take our trip in 2015 in should have a good chunk if not all of our tickets (for 4 of us) paid for.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely think the Rewards visa is worth it. The Premier may be, but I am against credit cards that carry a fee for its use.

I charge all my bills (phone, insurance, etc.) on it, as well as gas and a lot of daily spending. I pay the balance in full every two weeks, only occasionally carrying it to the end of the month. I figure by the time I make my next trip, I will have a hefty amount of spending money saved up. I also like the interest free offer on booking your vacation with it - plus you get the points!
    CBR - February 1992
    CBR - April 1993
    AS Music - February 1994
    AS Movies - February 2000
    Contemporary/DCL - April/May 2001
    AS Movies - January 2003
    CBR/DCL - September 2005
    Pop Century - May 2007
    Art of Animation - May 2013
    AS Movies - September 2013
    Pop Century - April/May 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I started with the regular Disney Rewards card since that's all they had at the time, and have upgraded to the premier, and am loving it! Like VWL Mom said you really have to do the math to see if it makes sense to pay the annual fee for the premier card. We only have two drivers, but we both drive long distances so spend a lot on gas, so it really does pay for itself quite quickly for us. I think VWL Mom has summed it up great!
    Kristina
    "A dream can be a dream come true, with just that spark in me and you" - Figment & Dreamfinder

Oct 2017 WL
    Oct 2014 WL
    May 2013 WL (DS 1st Trip) - Club Level
    Sep 2010 WL
    May 09 WL
    Oct 08 Poly
    Jun 07 WL (Disneymoon)
    Jul 04 WL
    Apr 2000 GF
    1982-1999 Offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: