Quantcast pets

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: pets

Post Thanks / Like

Default pets

We purchased a camper this year and will be spending a week at Ft Wilderness at Christmas. I see online there is a kennel that is first come first serve. If it is full are the dogs allowed to stay in the camper?
    first trip 1976
    27 trips since and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the only Kennel on property is Best Friends Pet Resort. We used them last week and they were great. They do daily boarding and they offer discounts for Disney property guests. You can make reservations in advance.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

But can they stay in the camper if they are full? If not I don't want to take them. We are also planning a short trip this feb ( just learned this from dh) wants to go before spring break.
    first trip 1976

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the camp sites do allow pets. I'm not sure which sections. You will probably need to call reservations about pet friendly sites.

Note that WDW is not very pet friendly. Pets are not allowed in hardly any other places in WDW. I would imagine the policy is you have to keep them on your camp site and they wouldn't be allowed in the pool areas or anything like that.

You can make reservations far in advance for Best Friends pet resort. I would make them at the same time you make your camp site reservations. They have a website where you can make reservations, just google "Best Friends Disney World" and you will find it. They have both overnight boarding as well as daily "doggy day camp." We use day camp where you drop them off in the morning and pick them back up after you leave the parks in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

You do not say what kind of camper you have, but I wanted to add that it is my understanding that pets are not allowed to be left in a pop-up camper or tent if you are not at the site with them. They can only stay unattended in hardside campers. If you have a pop-up, you will have to take them to the kennel when you are away from your campsite.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have hard-sided camper or RV, then yes, you can leave them. If it is a pop-up or a tent, then no.

I wouldn't worry about there not being space in the kennel ... and you can book a reservation for your dogs in advance (online or call 877-493-9738) , so you'll know before you go.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Fort Wilderness has a couple of pet loops, and your pets are allowed to stay in the camper. The last time we stayed, they put us in a loop that had a dog park. It was good to throw them in a fenced area and let them stretch their legs for a few minutes.

If you have a fold down camper, be prepared. The times we went with ours (before we bought the hard side), the CM's at check in were not in the least bit friendly when they informed us our dogs could not stay in the camper. We were pretty much treated like criminals.
    Kinda twisted me off on the first visit, but the the visits after that I just smiled and nodded...then made fun of her when we drove off.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I was told when I looked into it that pets could stay in the camper. And as a pp said there are pet loops and a dog park. I believe there is a limit on the number of pets, something like 2 per campsite. My dream at one time was to travel with my pets so I looked into a lot of different campgrounds including disney. Loved the idea of being able to let my boys (dogs) wear themselves out at the dog park in the morning and then take them to the kennel.

The kennel has more then one size accommodation and I would suggest going for a larger room for your pets. 2 or 3 depending on size can share a room. The larger rooms have dog runs (they call them Patios) so they can go out and relieve themselves if they need to. There are also packages included with the rooms where they will walk your dog and they offer playgroups if your baby is used to playing with other dogs. There are pet cameras so if you have a smartphone with you in the parks you can look in on your pets. The kennel also has its own pet walks and dog park and you can walk you dogs there if you want (assuming your pets are staying there). While I never got the chance to use the kennels I only heard good reports about them from other intercoties. As you can tell my pets are important to me so I did a lot of research when I was thinking of traveling with them.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Default pets

Thanks for the great info. We have 36' travel trailer and two dogs under 10 lbs. I think I would feel more comfortable with them in the camper as both are older and to used to be in a kennel situation.
    first trip 1976

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: