Quantcast How do you book your WDW vaction? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Ditto for magical journey's. Terrisue has booked many WDW vacays for us. As well as DCL, universal and a RCL cruise!
    Prior to using MJ I always booked myself. I always enjoyed booking myself, but I love that if a discount comes out after I've booked Terrisue lets me know and adjusts my reservation.

There is still plenty of control because you are given options of what resort and room catagories you would like to book.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Been booking with Magical Journeys for years now. Melissa is awesome!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone through Denise with Magical Journeys the last two trips to DisneyWorld. We are currently in the process of planning a trip to Disneyland this September and are going through Denise and Magical Journeys again. She is wonderful and does an awesome job. We wouldn't do it any other way. We stayed on resort at Port Orleans Riverside for our DisneyWorld trips and will be staying at a Good Neighbor hotel for the Disneyland trip. Denise will be taking care of those reservations for us too. Nice thing about Magical Journeys is they watch for any discounts that come along and get them applied to your reservations. We saved a ton of money in 2010 when she applied a discount that we weren't even aware of.

1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

British Columbia, Canada (3408 miles from WDW!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I live on the west coast. On more than one occasion, I have woken up to an email from Karen at MJ telling me she obtained discount for me! That is one of the reasons I use MJ. I don't have to get up in the middle if the night to try to get the latest discount....assuming I even knew one existed. She does it for me while I sleep!
    ~Lynne~

On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free. Now...bring me that horizon

DCL 2008 Mexico, 2011 Alaska, 2013 Caribbean
    WDW 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Disneyland 2015, 2004,1993,1992, 1991,1973

Post Thanks / Like

Only with Magical Journeys!! Melissa is wonderful!
    Elaine
    "I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food."

Next trip: February 2019 for the Princess 5K/10K/HALF MARATHON (YES, I'M RUNNING THEM ALL!)
    Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Since 1988 we have stayed on property as DH likes not having to drive. I also used to book with Disney myself until I heard so much about MJ on these boards. After trying them once, I never went back to booking with Disney. Now my sister exchanges into DVC and I miss working with Melissa.

I could do packages, room only, do room only first and then switch to packages. Melissa would look for discounts. This is almost all done by e-mail and so easy. Melissa reminded me of deadlines, etc.

Dining and other reservations I book myself and usually do these with a phone call as I find it fun to interact with CMs. I can only think of once that I got a less than fun/knowledgeable person. I hung up and called back.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

2 words: Magical Journeys! They are amazing and do all the work for you. We did not use them last time cause we went with friends and stayed at SOG but would not consider booking my self or using someone else. They are so great about getting you any type of discounts you may be eligible for (including Disney Visa card holder ones) and really working with you to make your trip magical.

If you have the DIsney Visa, you can use it with Magical Journeys to make payments (they don't take payments to THEM, they make the payments directly to DIsney)and get the 0% financing (for 6 months I believe).

Give them a try-you won't be sorry.
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

Terrisue. TERRISUE. TERRISUE!
    The ONLY way!!! Magical Journeys is fantastic! We are capable of booking, and used to totally do it ourselves. BUT--never again! Our Fairy Godmother rocks, and does it SOOOO much better!

91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Denise from magical journeys!!!! The best!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney direct

I have always booked through Disney Travel myself. Since we try to stay onsite now, I like to "have my name in their system". Of course for our DL visit in 2012 we stayed offsite (but still closer to the parks than the DL Hotel) but I booked everything else through them.

My reasoning is that I like for them to know how often we visit (typically every three years) and where we like to stay. I think that is why we receive offers tailored to our tastes.

For those of you booking through MJ, do you still get the PIN codes and other special offers? Maybe my reasoning is incorrect if you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
    For those of you booking through MJ, do you still get the PIN codes and other special offers? Maybe my reasoning is incorrect if you do.
    Yes, absolutely and MJ is able to use the pin codes when booking for you. When I get one I just forward it to Wendy.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I've used MJ for the last two trips and this upcoming trip in May.
    As far as money saving? meh
    The first trip I booked, the cost was the same if I booked myself.
    The second trip did save me some money; couple hundred, which was substantial. MJ saved me some time in digging up the discount on that trip.
    This next trip to Fort Wilderness, there's a $30 savings. 30 bucks is 30 bucks I suppose.

My experience with MJ has been more of a time saver than money. And for those who want to be in control (me), you don't relinquish any of it.

I say go for it. It's worth the money.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Default Booking

Always myself. That is one part of the vacation that I truly enjoy doing. It's half the fun for me.
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)