Quantcast Universal Studios in California?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Universal Studios in California?

I know this is the forum for Universal Orlando, but thought I would try here for an answer about Universal Studios in Cali.

It seems I remember reading that Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be added to the park in California as well. Anyone know of any timeline? What exactly is being added there?

I'm really interested in taking a trip to Disneyland instead of WDW next year, but my kids really want to see all the new stuff at Universal. I am trying to gauge if the stuff in Cali will be complete by next summer and exactly what the scale is going to be over there.

Would love to visit Universal Orlando this fall, then not have to worry about it at all next summer, but not sure we'll make it there this year. Thanks for any info.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe they are getting the entire Wizarding World, minus Diagon Alley (will be an Universal Orlando exclusive for a while at least), which included Hogwarts School and the Forbidden Journey attraction... They MAY get some of the extra which were cut out of the Orlando version (for budget reasons, for construction timeline reasons)... One of the rumored additions (and I will call it rumor cause I have not seen it officially announced, but I will try to locate it if they did officially announce this) is a section of Hogwarts Castle which was cut from the original plans in Orlando: The Great Hall dining...

As for opening date, all I find is Spring 2016...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I believe they are getting the entire Wizarding World, minus Diagon Alley (will be an Universal Orlando exclusive for a while at least), which included Hogwarts School and the Forbidden Journey attraction... They MAY get some of the extra which were cut out of the Orlando version (for budget reasons, for construction timeline reasons)... One of the rumored additions (and I will call it rumor cause I have not seen it officially announced, but I will try to locate it if they did officially announce this) is a section of Hogwarts Castle which was cut from the original plans in Orlando: The Great Hall dining...

As for opening date, all I find is Spring 2016...
    Thanks. I figured you would have some info!

Spring 2016 is going to be too late, probably....maybe. LOL. We are definitely taking this year off from WDW. We are planning some sort of Disney trip summer of 2015, but was thinking of heading to DL instead at that time. I guess we'll have to figure out a way to visit Universal Orlando between now and summer 2015. My kids would want the whole "new" experience. So if California won't have it all, and nothing till 2016, we'd rather head back to Orlando for the Universal experience.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Universal Studios Hollywood last week. Truth be told, as a theme park I find it to be very disappointing compared to it's Florida cousins. I think it literally only had 5 rides, with one more opening in another month.
    That said, the whole point of going to Universal Hollywood is for the Studio Tour, not the theme park. Universal Studios Florida (and Disney's Hollywood Studios) to me are more theme parks designed to look like movie studios (and yes I stole that from a page here on intercot ), I mean, does anything noteworthy really get produced there? Ever since Nickelodeon Studios closed up shop Universal Studios Florida just seems like simply a theme park with some sound stages that (if they are even being used at all) are used for production of C list projects.
    Universal Studios Hollywood is the real deal as far as movie/tv production go. About a Boy was in production while I was there, and I got to see the neighborhoods of several famous movies and tv shows, I also attended a taping of Chelsea Lately while I was there.
    So yeah, this park is really about the magic of hollywood and not the rides.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: