Quantcast #runICOT Official Meet & Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - January 7-11, 2015 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Registration UPDATE: Dopey 80%, Half 60%, 10K 80%, 5K 70%.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I'm glad you both got in It's crazy how fast it is filling up. I added a registration for my daughter to do the Mickey Mile on Saturday.
    I wanna watch that!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Jenn and I are booked for the 5K!!! Probably going to stay at AKL this time, just to try something new.
    Looking forward to running with you all again!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Good luck today everyone, I hope you all get to register for your race(s)! I won't be there physically but I'll be cheering in spirit. It's an amazing experience whether you are running/walking or cheering.
    BOOO. We will miss you Nikki
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for my 5th straight Goofy Challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

New Challenge announced for Marathon Weekend.

From runDisney blog:

SAIL AWAY TO A NEW CHALLENGE

Are you ready to set sail on a Disney Cruise? Today, we are excited to invite you to join us at the Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge during the 2015 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna!

This inagurual event will combine any eligible race during Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend plus the Disney Castaway Cay 5K during the January 12 sailing from Port Canaveral, FL on the Disney Dream, hosted on Disney Cruise Line's private island, Castaway Cay! Complete both races within the pacing requirements and you'll earn the Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Medal in addition to your Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and Castaway Cay 5K finisher medals.

Which races are eligible, you ask? Any race that includes a distance of 5K or longer. So, complete the Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, or either of the Goofy and Dopey Challenges, and you're eligible to enter the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge!

The race fee will include a race bib, t-shirt, 5k Medal, Challenge Medal and a post race refreshment. There will also be exclusive activities designed for runDisney guests, plus featured menu items and special merchandise, just for the cruise! The entry fee does not, however, include your cruise booking, which will have to be made separately through Disney Cruise Line.

Challenge registration opens Friday, May 23 at Noon ET. Complete details, including registration and booking procedures, are available now on the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend event page. We hope to see you sailing away this January during Inaugural Disney Castway Cay Challenge!

Post Thanks / Like

We were thinking of doing the Magic which goes out on the Saturday (I Think), but this may be another option.

"This inagurual event will combine any eligible race during Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend plus the Disney Castaway Cay 5K during the January 12 sailing from Port Canaveral, FL on the Disney Dream, hosted on Disney Cruise Line's private island, Castaway Cay! Complete both races within the pacing requirements and you'll earn the Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Medal in addition to your Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and Castaway Cay 5K finisher medals"

I wonder what the Pacing Requirements are going to be????

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what will happen if the ship can't dock in CC? Happens frequently during the winter months.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have very mixed feelings about this! I shall reserve my comments until I have time to think & learn more.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmmmm

You know I LOVE a Disney Cruise and now that I'm running, the Castaway Cay 5K was on my bucket list (Especially after I saw Justin's photos from his run).

I don't think this particular cruise will be in our budget. (We have Marathon weekend and are DL Hopeful in 2015)

And I'm curious about whether there will be a cost at CC going forward for the 5K.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post

I wonder what the Pacing Requirements are going to be????
    The Castaway Cay 5k has NO pacing requirements at this time. Who knows what will happen when there are hundreds of people running it, though.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

It look like they added a pacing requirement to get the medal. This is from the RunDisney site. The bolding is mine.

*The number of registrations for the 2015 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend races and the Castaway Cay 5K is limited and subject to availability. To be eligible for the Castaway Cay Challenge runners must enter their cruise reservation number at the time of registration for a 5K or longer 2015 Walt Disney World® Marathon race event. All races are subject to age eligibility requirements and capacity limits. All race registration fees are non-refundable. Runners must complete both races within the 16-minute mile pacing requirements and must have an official time for each race to receive the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal. Runners deferring any 2015 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend 5K or longer races will not be eligible for a Castaway Cay Challenge Finisher Medal. Events/races may be subject to delay, change, or cancellation for inclement weather or other safety concerns.
    I'm a bit confused. It says you need to enter your cruise reservation at the time of registration for your 2015 Marathon event but since everyone is registered and it is sold out, I'm not sure how that would work.

It also mentioned needing an "official time for each race". Since the 5K is eligible but not currently timed except for the Dopey, I assume they will be putting something in place to give chips to those doing the challenge.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    It look like they added a pacing requirement to get the medal. This is from the RunDisney site. The bolding is mine.

I'm a bit confused. It says you need to enter your cruise reservation at the time of registration for your 2015 Marathon event but since everyone is registered and it is sold out, I'm not sure how that would work.

It also mentioned needing an "official time for each race". Since the 5K is eligible but not currently timed except for the Dopey, I assume they will be putting something in place to give chips to those doing the challenge.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was also wondering how people would register for this after they have already registered? Really, Disney couldn't have gotten this worked out and announced prior to when registration opened? Sounds like it's mostly a desperate attempt to fill an otherwise empty cruise ship for that particular sailing.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We took the Dream the Day of the Full Marathon this year, and it was a very full sailing. Also a few people had all their medals from the dopey and goofy challenge which was cool to see.
    I think at this point we are def out. We have done the Dream 3 times already and are going to do the Magic which leaves the day before for a 7 nighter which we haven't done yet.

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marathon weekend 2015

So today was the 7 month window for booking DVC and looks like most resorts are pretty booked up. We were looking for a studio to save some points, and all we could get was Saratoga Springs. I booked just to make sure we had something. I'm gonna try to waitlist Boardwalk. We are booked so we will be there.

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Same

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    So today was the 7 month window for booking DVC and looks like most resorts are pretty booked up. We were looking for a studio to save some points, and all we could get was Saratoga Springs. I booked just to make sure we had something. I'm gonna try to waitlist Boardwalk. We are booked so we will be there.
    We are at AKL this year. Waitlisted for Boardwalk and Beach Club. We'll see what happens. Doing more races this year I won't be cheering as much so I don't think I'll be really bothered if we don't make it. Cheering and holding on to Snickers for the whole is my only cheer job. #runICOT and #cheerICOT is the goal. I don't even know if we will be going into parks. I think I learned my lesson from last year... hitting the parks after the races caused HITTING THE WALL Saturday night falling asleep in the bed at 7 PM while Jon ate Pizza.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm. Snickers!!! I love you Mel!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

im in for TOT, Dopey, and Star Wars. God have mercy on my soul
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Default No 10K for me

So I finally made a decision that since my calf is not healing as good or as fast as I would like, I am going to defer my 10K for Marathon Weekend to 2016. I just don't feel like I'm going to be ready in time. I am very disappointed.
    Dawn and I will still be there to cheer every morning (well I will be at least, Dawn loves her sleep). On Sunday, we will be taking the Disney Magic for a 7 nighter so cheering that morning will be cut short.
    We are still doing the 5K for Wine and Dine weekend since that is not able to be deferred. we will be walking the whole way and still doing the Post race party at Epcot for anyone who will be there.

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your calf, Justin. I know you were looking forward to the 10K. I'm glad you'll still be there to cheer. It wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll be at Wine & Dine doing the 5K. I'm still deciding about the Finish Line party.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: