Quantcast Magic Band Packaging

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band Packaging

This may seem strange but I find it a bit odd that the Magic Bands arrive in such a large box from an organization that asks me to use my towels more than once to conserve water. I think that the packaging is a huge waste. Cute--yes. Did anyone else feel like it was a bit overdone? I also wish I could have reused the bands that I had received in October. Nope....had to get new bands for the March trip. Seems wasteful!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. While a lovely box to be presented with, it's totally overkill. Think of all the guests and all the boxes just being wasted. We never needed a big presentation box for our Keys to the Kingdom cards, so why do we need such an elaborate cardboard box for these bracelets?! And considering that the bracelets are replacing the old paper Fastpasses, well, these boxes create a heck of a lot more garbage than a few little squares of paper ever did. LOL!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more, but didn't I read somewhere that eventually the magic bands will be able to be reprogrammed for multiple trips? Or was that just for Annual Passholders?
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

I've said that from the beginning. Totally agree!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - but if you take the insides out it makes a pretty good photo box...
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, completely, 100%.

But imagine if they came in generic packaging? You'd have a lot of people saying, "I spent $10,000 on my vacation and this is what I get?!"

There are those people out there. Disney has set a high standard of going above and beyond, and that is what is expected of them.

I do think, at a minimum, they can vary the size of the box depending on how many MB there are.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Band packaging

When our magic bands arrived I couldn't believe the expensive packaging. Also, the pkg arrived by UPS. Disney folks sure know how to waste money.

Don't understand why we just can't gets the bands upon arrival at the hotels. Our son recently waited until he arrived at the resort and got the bands, dining reservations and fastpasses all at that time with no waiting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but didn't I read somewhere that eventually the magic bands will be able to be reprogrammed for multiple trips? Or was that just for Annual Passholders?
    You can already do that. It (currently) doesn't stop Disney from sending you a second (or third, etc) band for upcoming stays.

I have three bands, one from last December, my AP band, and one for an upcoming stay next week and I expect them all to work the same. We'll see.
    May '14 -- OKW 1 bdrm
    Dec '13 -- OKW + Off site
    Mar '13 -- Saratoga Springs
    Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7Nt EC
    June '11 --BLT for SWW, July '11 -- OKW
    Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nt EC/5 nights POFQ
    DVC @ BLT Dec 2010 Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    I never really thought about it until now (I was just excited to get the box with our new bands…LOL), but yeah I guess it is a waste to ship them in such a big box. Also I am an AP holder and I know you said "eventually they will reprogram them", but I do find it a waste now to have to order all new bands when we bought another year on our AP's. They could have just reprogrammed our new year onto the old bands. Now I have 5 grey bands from our trial trip and 5 colored bands from out last trip and they are just sitting in a drawer and the new 5 colored bands in the cute boxes ready for the next trip.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: