Quantcast Swan & Dolphin Breakdown

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan & Dolphin Breakdown

Would someone please be kind enough to break down the Swan and Dolphin hotels for me? I had the opportunity to stay there as a kid and now I am trying to book as an adult. My question is less geared toward "which one is better" and more geared towards "why don't they offer all of the perks?"

Some websites list these two hotels as "Walt Disney's Swan and Dolphin Hotels," yet I hear they do not offer the same benefits as staying at an actual Disney hotel. What do they offer? What don't they offer? Are they compatible with Magic Bands at this point? What about Magical Express or Extra Magic Hours? How much magic am I getting exactly?

Thank you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Swan and Dolphin are not owned or operated by Disney. There's a rather checkered past here - you can look it up if you're interested - but the result at this point is that the Swan and Dolphin participate in some of the perks of the Disney hotels but not all. The primary differences are:

1) S&D do not participate in Magical Express
    2) S&D guests are not eligible for the dining plans
    3) you cannot charge to your room (other than purchase made at the S&D)
    4) you cannot have your purchases in the parks delivered to your hotel.

S&D DO participate in EMH and FastPass+ (not sure if you get 60 or 30 days though). Guests also receive free parking at the theme parks.

Hope this helps.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Guests also receive free parking at the theme parks.
    Don't they have a parking fee for the resort however?

The rest is correct, you pretty much only get FP+ and EMH and "complimentary" WDW transportation to the theme parks. If I recall, sometimes it's the same line as Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk, sometimes not. Never figured out why, seasonal, maybe different parks, maybe it's always separate now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Don't they have a parking fee for the resort however?
    Yes, there is a fee to park at both the Swan and Dolphin. There is also a "Resort Fee". The fees are not insignificant. $16/day to park and $20/day for the "Resort Fee".

Generally, the Park buses for S&D are shared with Y&BC, but it can vary. I've seen S&D have their own buses and I've seen all 5 of the Epcot resorts (throwing Boardwalk into the mix too) share one bus.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

There is a fee for resort parking. And a resort fee as well. In the end the deal is about the same as a moderate but the property is a shade nicer IMHO.

An overlooked plus is they are a starwood property so if you are a member and have starwood points to spend you can use them here.

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    4) you cannot have your purchases in the parks delivered to your hotel.
    Actually, according to the Swan and Dolphin website, you can indeed have your purchases delivered to the hotel. It does not say anything about tying your park ticket to your credit card, however.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Actually, according to the Swan and Dolphin website, you can indeed have your purchases delivered to the hotel. It does not say anything about tying your park ticket to your credit card, however.
    That's different than the last time I stayed there (granted, that was several years ago). Good to know.

Steve

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: