My generous husband is taking his mother (and family) to WDW for their first ever Disney trip to celebrate her retirement. While my husband and I have taken many trips to WDW, we never have to manage any type of medical concerns. Yet his mother is type 2 diabetic, on insulin. She currently uses it four times a day (I asked her last weekend). She thinks she can run back to the room, but we all know that can take quite some time and can be tiring in itself. We are staying on property, POFQ.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to manage insulin inside the parks during the day? Also, I ignored it quite some time ago as we never used them, but do the rooms no longer have refrigerators? Are exceptions made if not? Our trip is planned for this November, I am hoping heat won't be a major factor (but you never know). Lastly, she is not very active and plans to begin walking on a regular basis to increase her activity level. I realize this could shift her insulin needs, and we have already begun to encourage her to start now.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!