Quantcast Time For Some Rumors - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally a timely question! They have broken ground and have already moved the Jurassic Park gate (it's not going anywhere far - just a new location that makes sense with the flow of foot traffic to the JP attraction). I believe they broke ground in early June and the area has mostly been cleared of foliage.

If you do some searching on blog sites, you can see great photos of some of the dirt getting pushed around behind the construction fences. Not much to see just yet, but they're well underway!

I used to love the old Orlando Kong ride as a kid - the queue was crazy cool! I'm glad to see that the king is returning
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOG View Post
    Sorry for being off topic ahead of time.
    My question is the new King KONG ride under construction; is it 100% fact going to happen and if so is there a estimate opening date?
    Ground is broken... prep is complete... Vertical construction could be happening at any time... Probably after summer..

Opening date? Nothing in stone... They have announced a reboot of the Kong franchise with the movie Skull Mountain coming out in, 2016... I wouldn't be surprised to see the mini-land and attraction opening right before or in conjunction with the movie...

Late 2015 seems to be the date tossed around online... But reality is, no one knows...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

An Immersive experience with cutting edge new thrills and the ability to reach a large range of the age spectrum at the same time ? This battle even in the rumor mill seems to be drastically tipping the scale Universal's way.

So say even 1/4 of those listed rumors become reality…HP and LOTR in the same venue vs. Avatar and possibly a small Star Wars expansion ? Give me a break. It would be game over.

Geographically for IoA it would make sense that Lost Continent would go by the wayside into a newly adapted Jurassic Park area with Kong and the River Adventure headlining and Toon Lagoon to be the HP expansion at Islands.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlueLacheta View Post
    An Immersive experience with cutting edge new thrills and the ability to reach a large range of the age spectrum at the same time ? This battle even in the rumor mill seems to be drastically tipping the scale Universal's way.

So say even 1/4 of those listed rumors become reality…HP and LOTR in the same venue vs. Avatar and possibly a small Star Wars expansion ? Give me a break. It would be game over.

Geographically for IoA it would make sense that Lost Continent would go by the wayside into a newly adapted Jurassic Park area with Kong and the River Adventure headlining and Toon Lagoon to be the HP expansion at Islands.
    I think you may have your areas mixed up...

Lost Continent isn't by Jurassic Park... it is by Potter and Seuss... LC is rumored to become more Potter... Kong is going right next door to Jurassic Park, in the expansion pad behind Thunder Falls Terrace...

Toon Lagoon, if it goes away (and it is on the chopping block), is not by Potter... Toon Lagoon is between Marvel and Jurassic Park... And that area is where fans are thinking LOTR (if Universal gets the rights) will go...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope Toon Lagoon doesn't go

I know it's a strong possibility, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks around.

I think Dudley Do-Right has a great drop (even with the stupid lap bars) and my husband and I LOVE Popeye. It's just high on the fun factor, a great way to cool off, very different than the other options on the property and most of all, is one the BEST places for people watching in the world. NO ONE ever believes that they will get as wet as they actually do and that makes for some really funny results. Hey, we try to warn them Seriously, on a hot day, we can ride it like 7 times in a row - we have some of the FUNNIEST vacation stories from that ride.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    I hope Toon Lagoon doesn't go

I know it's a strong possibility, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it sticks around.

I think Dudley Do-Right has a great drop (even with the stupid lap bars) and my husband and I LOVE Popeye. It's just high on the fun factor, a great way to cool off, very different than the other options on the property and most of all, is one the BEST places for people watching in the world. NO ONE ever believes that they will get as wet as they actually do and that makes for some really funny results. Hey, we try to warn them Seriously, on a hot day, we can ride it like 7 times in a row - we have some of the FUNNIEST vacation stories from that ride.
    I agree completely! Our group loves these rides. Also, because the hotels are so close to the parks, many times, after spending the morning in the parks and resting at the hotel/pool, we will head to IOA in the afternoon just to ride the water rides over and over and over. (This is also when the kids head over to Jurassic Park to stand next to the big splash and really get soaked.) When we are tired of being in wet clothes, it's a fairly quick walk back to the hotel to change.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

That's so true! You really don't mind getting wet because you're so close to the hotel. It's even really convenient to wear a bathing suit and board shorts in the morning and then change later in the afternoon back at the hotel. I also think that Popeye is a really nice option for guests of IoA that aren't fans of the more thrilling rides.

Jurassic Park is also a good point to bring up. We usually go on that simply because we're already wet. It's nice having a group of water rides that makes it "worth it" to get so wet (vs. just 1 ride like Kali River Rapids at AK where it seems like a bother to get soaked for just 1 quick experience).

I'm not a fan of LOTR and I personally feel it's not as accessible to the non-fan as Harry Potter is (I'm not a big fan either in that I haven't read any of the books and have only seen about 1 and a half of the movies). Yet, there's something special HP has that really appeals to a giant audience. I'm not sure if this is also true for LOTR, although I know first-hand of the loyalty of the hard-core fans as my husband's old company developed one of the most popular LOTR video games. Good luck to Universal keeping that detailed-conscious/by-the-book group happy! I am not sure if it is possible!

Post Thanks / Like

King Kong confirmed today by Comcast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    King Kong confirmed today by Comcast.
    Loved the original. I have faith that they will be able to out due themselves. Can't wait!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Loved the original. I have faith that they will be able to out due themselves. Can't wait!
    Game changer...

That will be what, three game changers in Universal now?

Post Thanks / Like

I still enjoy Disney attractions but IMO they have been stale for quite some time now. Nothing exciting or cutting edge for a long time. For me the last new attraction with the "wow" factor was Soarin and that was what 10 years ago.

Universal has continually added exciting attractions for the past 10 years.

I can only guess that the management at Universal has specific goals and plan to go after them aggressively.

I don't get what the management at Disney is trying to do. Adding "meet and greets" instead of attractions is just lazy or cheap, not sure which one drives them to these decisions. Even the attractions they have added or re-purposed are just OK.

Add the fact that Universal is a more relaxed vacation (not planning every minute of your trip180 days in advance). And everything in one location (no transportation needed). More and more people are going to start visiting.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Universal is building and growing... Disney rests on their laurels and sells nostalgia... They are no longer the leaders in theme park technology... They aren't viewed that way in the industry any longer... Universal is taking chances... Disney plays it safe... Disney no longer takes chances..

Avatar's D ticket (Sorry can't call it an E), is strictly Soarin only in 3D... Nothing exciting there... And a jungle cruise style boat ride... again, nothing too exciting...

My hopes are dwindling for something exciting with Star Wars....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: